PDA

View Full Version : ICE obtains guest-lists from Motel 6's

maddogmj77
September 14th, 2017, 12:44 PM
So first ICE stopped disclosing public records:
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2039945

Now, they've taken it one step further. They're looking through guest-lists from Motels.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/motel-6-admits-immigration-reports_us_59b9e79be4b086432b04471f

The blame really shouldn't be on Motel 6 here.
ICE shouldn't have showed up demanding documents without a search warrant.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2015/06/22/supreme-court-rules-police-cannot-force-hotel-owners-to-give-up-registry-data-without-a-warrant/#5a3c618a6b70

This is an abuse of power, in an attempt to get rid of "illegals" with no real just cause. [refer to my previous thread linked at the top]

mattsmith48
September 14th, 2017, 01:08 PM
In today's edition of who could have predicted this beside everyone? Seriously, not surprising at all that shit like this is happening especially after Trump pardoned the racist sheriff a few weeks ago, but come on that's sounds like the kind of things Nazi Germany would've done.

Voice_Of_Unreason
September 14th, 2017, 01:49 PM
You do know that law enforcement does not need a warrant if they are handed evidence voluntarily, which by most accounts is what happened here? By your own source they were given to ICE voluntarily, which is not prohibited by your Forbes link. The only people doing anything possibly illegal here were the employees leaking company documents without express permission. Your own source doesn't even place the blame on ICE. #FakeNews

Dalcourt
September 14th, 2017, 05:41 PM
It would be interesting why people are so willingly giving out private information about their guests. Do they not know they can't just give away this info, do they feel intimidated or do they expect or get some bribe ?

So even if you are a decent citizen you know that info and data about you will be given to anybody without hesitation...so big brother is always watching you, huh?

maddogmj77
September 14th, 2017, 07:57 PM
You do know that law enforcement don't need a warrant if they are handed evidence voluntarily, which by most accounts is what happened here? By your own source they were given to ICE voluntarily, which is not prohibited by your Forbes link. The only people doing anything possibly illegal here were the employees leaking company documents without express permission. Your own source doesn't even place the blame on ICE. #FakeNews
I love how you try to completely discredit everything I've said by saying "Fake News", did Trump teach you that?

My original source put the blame on the Motel 6 owner because they handed out the documents willingly. That's completely fine; The owner is partly to blame for that.

I'm pointing out that ICE NEVER should have asked for them in the first place without a warrant.
The officers are supposed to know the law BETTER than anybody else. So by showing up armed, displaying badges, demanding documents (without a warrant) they are completely in the wrong.

The people staying in those motels were under the assumption that those documents weren't going to be given out like that. And not a single one of them were asked for permission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be interesting why people are so willingly giving out private information about their guests. Do they not know they can't just give away this info, do they feel intimidated or do they expect or get some bribe ?

So even if you are a decent citizen you know that info and data about you will be given to anybody without hesitation...so big brother is always watching you, huh?
Intimidation probably. If 3 armed police officers show up, show you official badges, and demand documents, you have little room to argue with them.

I can't believe Trumpkins are okay with this Big-Brother, Nazi type purging that's going on right now.
Concealing documents, checking guest-lists, knocking on doors, checking ID's, searching rooms.

Dalcourt
September 14th, 2017, 10:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intimidation probably. If 3 armed police officers show up, show you official badges, and demand documents, you have little room to argue with them.

I can't believe Trumpkins are okay with this Big-Brother, Nazi type purging that's going on right now.
Concealing documents, checking guest-lists, knocking on doors, checking ID's, searching rooms.

I would think so, too I don't know whether arguing with officials would be a good thing there. I think the whole thing is known among hotel owners...since my grandma, who runs a small hotel in our city instructed her staff not to do any talks with officials without her. But yeah I'm not sure what she would do then...

As a whole the hunting down of people like that....the whole way of going about it...guess people are okay, as it is not about them...it's are out the illegals...at least at the moment.

But the whole thing leaves a bitter taste and the gnawing question who might be next?
So once you let it start you don't have control over it anymore.
Guess that's what all people supporting these actions should think about.