PDA

View Full Version : Sex Drive

Nax32
September 12th, 2017, 07:51 PM
It seems like girls are portrayed as not wanting sex as much as guys. Like if an attractive girl came up to me and asked me to have sex with her, I would definitely entertain it. Are you girls the same way? Why or why not?

PinkFloyd
September 12th, 2017, 09:47 PM
It's all society. Girls are on average, more sexually driven than guys. For guys, having sex is celebrated and seen as an achievement. For girls, they're seen as slutty if they have sex 'too much.'

ska8er
September 12th, 2017, 10:11 PM
If a girl came up to a guy and
asked to have sex out of the
clear-shes a hoe.

Falcons_11
September 12th, 2017, 10:17 PM
If that ever happened to me I would faint dead away right there on the spot. I really don't foresee that happening to me, at least, not now, or in the future.

Hayleyyy
September 12th, 2017, 11:34 PM
I have a very active sex drive. There's definitely a stigma around girls that have libidos, which is such a shame

Mollypop
September 13th, 2017, 12:32 AM
I have a very active sex drive. There's definitely a stigma around girls that have libidos, which is such a shame

That's so true. I mean, look at what ska8er wrote up there. Proves the point doesn't it?

Hayleyyy
September 13th, 2017, 12:44 AM
That's so true. I mean, look at what ska8er wrote up there. Proves the point doesn't it?

Absolutely!

Vermilion
September 13th, 2017, 12:55 AM
It depends on how comfortable the person is. And also well if she's asking you she's asked others and well it's probably not good company

BlackParadePixie
September 13th, 2017, 01:53 AM
clear-shes a hoe.
why?

Claire Asteroid
September 13th, 2017, 02:13 AM
I have quite a high physical sex drive but I haven't had sex yet as I'm waiting for marriage.

ska8er
September 13th, 2017, 07:10 AM
why?

It could possibly b that she is making
a habit of trying to hook up with any
guy she sees and if the guy reciprocates
he is just as bad. There r exceptions if
the girl and guy know each other well
then maybe they can entertain the idea.
We r all walking around with many heated
hormones but there r times when we have
to think to cool it.

ChloeF
September 13th, 2017, 08:24 AM
It seems like girls are portrayed as not wanting sex as much as guys. Like if an attractive girl came up to me and asked me to have sex with her, I would definitely entertain it. Are you girls the same way? Why or why not?

Whoever's doing the portraying is wrong.

Brigje
September 13th, 2017, 09:26 AM
It depends on how comfortable the person is. And also well if she's asking you she's asked others and well it's probably not good company
Boy's are asking for it like almost all the time, so they are probably not good company either?

The same for me, it seems that only likeminded open girls understand this or at least are willing to admit that they think about sex often and like it to have sex (solo or with someone).

Boy's love to hear this from a girl but at the same time they have their "thoughts" like you can read in some of the comments in this threat.

Vermilion
September 13th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Boy's are asking for it like almost all the time, so they are probably not company?

If there is a boy or girl or anyone who sleeps around a lot they probably don't care about you that's what I mean

jamie_n5
September 13th, 2017, 02:21 PM
In my opinion girls sex drive is just as strong as guys. They seem to be able in most cases to control their emotions about sex better than we guys do. I also don't think a girl is a slut any more than a guy is a slut if they want to have sex with an attractive person. I doubt too many people have sex with someone they just met that night either. The only girl that I have had sex with actually asked me to have sex with her because she thought I was so cute. We had both seen each other naked before from some group skinny dipping too.

Living For Love
September 13th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Puberty for All :arrow2: Relationships and Dating

jennycakes
September 13th, 2017, 03:27 PM

I totally agree. I also have a high sex drive. But if a girl approaches a guy and initiates sex, she is labeled a slut. But if the guy does the same with a girl he is applauded and labeled a stud. Girls seem to be unfairly held to a higher standard.

Trish_Lynn
September 13th, 2017, 05:25 PM
In my opinion girls sex drive is just as strong as guys. They seem to be able in most cases to control their emotions about sex better than we guys do. I also don't think a girl is a slut any more than a guy is a slut if they want to have sex with an attractive person. I doubt too many people have sex with someone they just met that night either. The only girl that I have had sex with actually asked me to have sex with her because she thought I was so cute. We had both seen each other naked before from some group skinny dipping too.

You always manage to say the right thing.

hayley2003
September 13th, 2017, 06:06 PM
my gy doctor told me that nice girls like sex just as much as so-called bad girls who like sex...lol. she is a pretty cool doctor, gets right to the point. very matter of fact and says there is nothing she's never heard a girl say or do at least once before. :)

Uniquemind
September 14th, 2017, 04:06 AM
my gy doctor told me that nice girls like sex just as much as so-called bad girls who like sex...lol. she is a pretty cool doctor, gets right to the point. very matter of fact and says there is nothing she's never heard a girl say or do at least once before. :)

I like this doctor, blunt but with a mild sense of humor.

There definitely is a double-standard, but it is much milder than my parents or grandparents generation.

Fashion shows that popular trends now, would have been completely too form fitting for the early to mid-1900's.

I think girls perpetuate the negative shame around sexual liberal behavior as a sort of verbal social tool to vent out romantic-territorial angst or jealousy towards other girls.

Boys can be judgmental depending on their upbringing and their POV on sexual behavior and the microbiological hazards risqué behavior can bring (re-enforced by sex-ed often not educating pro-sex healthy best practices, some plans being abstinence only). Others just take the risk because they don't care and want the experience of well the sexual experience with (fill-in the blank).

So with that dynamic or fear of not wanting the spotlight as well as true romances being formed from emotional bonding that just happens to involve sex, it becomes a more complicated picture and discussion should address this.

Some want to just use other people sexually for fun or for status or both.

Some feel they need that physical experience or help bond or deepen a bond for the emotional side of the relationship that may very well be legitimate.

Others use sex appeal or sex as adults even to get a job, internship, money, as well and this is largely where stigma is applied to all because of how low a blow and base this is to human nature.

Add to the fact that not everyone is born equally advantaged in wealth or looks, and resentment does occur among women, I can rest assure there are many a girl drama started based on this foundational truth alone.

Brigje
September 14th, 2017, 07:45 AM

She is a pretty cool doctor indeed and so right about;
"nice girls like sex just as much as so-called bad girls who like sex"

Bridlemaple1
September 17th, 2017, 12:09 PM

Society puts unnecessarily expectations on things like sex. Really it's the business of the people having the sex and no one else's. I've also seen girls I know engage in the same amount, if not more sex than guys.

As for the random approaching and asking it would depend on the situation. Ask in the street and expect to get slapped.

At a party, inhibitions are lowered and I've seen people hook up with very little conversation, both genders can initiate it.

Just JT
September 17th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Stigma for sure. But I think it's wrong for people to assume that just cause someone wants something enjoyable.

I have sex quite often and sometimes with different people. Probably more than other kids my age, and I've done that for quite some time.

Does that make me a slut?
Or some kinda male sex god who other guys might view as lucky, or whatever?

IMO, if I could go back and do it over, I'd of kept it in my pants and masturbayed more. Now it's not something I can share with someone as being an intimate personal thing I do with someone. It's to common. It's great, but I don't think I'll ever be able to have that intimate bond with someone.

So hang onto you your "V Card" for as long as you can, and self serve till then lol!!'

MissMolly
September 25th, 2017, 11:51 AM
As a girl, I can say I probably think about sex and desire sex as much as anyone, male or female. The difference is that I don't think girls are as obsessed over guys and their bodies nearly as much as guys obsess over girls and their bodies. I generally need a reason to want have sex with a guy beyond him having nice abs and a penis, such as a sense of humor or intelligence. A lot of guys seem to just need a pair of boobs and a vagina.

And that is probably because girls (as a stereotype) are not as visually oriented as guys.

Brigje
September 25th, 2017, 12:43 PM
As a girl, I can say I probably think about sex and desire sex as much as anyone, male or female. The difference is that I don't think girls are as obsessed over guys and their bodies nearly as much as guys obsess over girls and their bodies. I generally need a reason to want have sex with a guy beyond him having nice abs and a penis, such as a sense of humor or intelligence. A lot of guys seem to just need a pair of boobs and a vagina.

And that is probably because girls (as a stereotype) are not as visually oriented as guys.

Those are very true and wise words from Molly.
I also think about sex and desire sex probably as much as anyone, male or female.
But to get me “going” there needs to be as much or more emotional connection then physical attraction.

DoodleSnap
September 25th, 2017, 05:59 PM
clear-shes a hoe.

This is a terrible attitude to have, and simply encourages slut-shaming and degrading women.

Truth is that in reality, everyone's sex drive is different, and can be higher or lower regardless of gender. There's nothing wrong with wanting sex, and no one should ever make you feel shame for it.

ska8er
September 25th, 2017, 06:19 PM
This is a terrible attitude to have, and simply encourages slut-shaming and degrading women.

Truth is that in reality, everyone's sex drive is different, and can be higher or lower regardless of gender. There's nothing wrong with wanting sex, and no one should ever make you feel shame for it.

A decent girl doesn't go around asking
for sex. Its a possibility that she has asked
many guys for the same. Yep there is nothing
wrong with wanting sex but we have to control
our hornies. This goes for guys as well.

DoodleSnap
September 26th, 2017, 11:20 AM
A decent girl doesn't go around asking
for sex. Its a possibility that she has asked
many guys for the same. Yep there is nothing
wrong with wanting sex but we have to control
our hornies. This goes for guys as well.

A person can do whatever they want without insecure men telling them what is 'decent' and 'indecent'. Don't enforce your skewed slut-shaming morals on everyone else.

That's the end of that. If you wanna discuss this further, this thread isn't the place to do so.

ska8er
September 26th, 2017, 02:35 PM
A person can do whatever they want without insecure men telling them what is 'decent' and 'indecent'. Don't enforce your skewed slut-shaming morals on everyone else.

That's the end of that. If you wanna discuss this further, this thread isn't the place to do so.

:fists:

MeganA
November 13th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I usually always have a high sex drive.

NewLeafsFan
November 14th, 2017, 11:53 PM
No, girls are not the same for two main reasons that I can think of.

Firstly, if a girl has sex often or with whoever wants it she is viewed as a slut

Secondly, girls get turned on much more slowly and would likely view any guy that just wants sex as a perv

Uniquemind
November 15th, 2017, 02:55 AM
No, girls are not the same for two main reasons that I can think of.

Firstly, if a girl has sex often or with whoever wants it she is viewed as a slut

Secondly, girls get turned on much more slowly and would likely view any guy that just wants sex as a perv

Response to point 1: that's what society views "her" as, but what goes on in her head is much more important regarding the motivation for the more liberal approach to initiating sex acts. It's more complex than to just state what society labels women as.

Response to 2: girls are definitely on high alert for creepy guys, but this becomes a grey area if perhaps the guy has been a long-standing crush and those instincts get ignored or don't happen. Generally it's not that girls are turned on slowly, it just takes what I call a higher sense of intimacy (real or imagined) to begin that process. I don't think guys can tell when that process starts either, only she knows when something's become her muse.

Leena_2003
November 26th, 2017, 05:07 PM
clear-shes a hoe.

I agree

Based on my own feelings, girls have at least the same sex drive as boys. Many days I really feel strongly that I want to do it. But I really won't do it just for the sake of it, and go up to a random boy and ask him. No way. If I am in a committed and loving relationship and he hasn't made the move yet, and I really feel he's the one, I will consider asking him. But not otherwise.

Posts merged. ~devotionnel

Nikki_1
December 5th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I think its kinda different for us girls. If a guy has sex with 10 girls he is looked on as some super hero but if a girl brags about having sex with 10 guys she's labeled a slut!!! We can't win... sorry guys!!!