PDA

View Full Version : Online Grades

red04
September 12th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Does any body else have only online grades so your parents always know your grade? My school has for awhile parents always know when I did not do good.

Just JT
September 12th, 2017, 07:54 PM
In my school, my parents see more than I do
And that sux tbh
But also they use that shit to remind me pd stuff
They don't use it against me

xXl0sth0peXx
September 12th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Throughout middle and high school, yeah. And honestly, I hated it. But being older now, I realize how it pushed me to actually succeed. Because when they stopped checking, shit went downhill. It wasn't always used against me though, it was used as motivation and kind of like.. good job stuff. When I felt my parents were overbearing, we talked and agreed that they could check once a week, and if I wasn't at an agreed upon spot (which was different in every class for me), they could check more often until I was there.

Just JT
September 12th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Throughout middle and high school, yeah. And honestly, I hated it. But being older now, I realize how it pushed me to actually succeed. Because when they stopped checking, shit went downhill. It wasn't always used against me though, it was used as motivation and kind of like.. good job stuff. When I felt my parents were overbearing, we talked and agreed that they could check once a week, and if I wasn't at an agreed upon spot (which was different in every class for me), they could check more often until I was there.

Sorry, but this ^^

To have parents who give a shit to this point is huge

An amazing feeling tbh...

Jinglebottom
September 13th, 2017, 12:30 AM
We do but they never check cause I changed the password.

Endeavour
September 13th, 2017, 02:30 AM
My school doesn't. The system is set up for it but the admin office never bother actually uploading the grades. :P

Just JT
September 13th, 2017, 05:34 AM
We do but they never check cause I changed the password.

At my school parents have a different access point, their own password and stuff. They see more and different stuff than I do. If blows

Mars
September 13th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Yeah my grades are online, but my parents don't check em cuz they dont see the point of checking em

logan2002
September 13th, 2017, 02:03 PM
At my school, they can see what assignments are for each teacher, as well as grades.

Sere
September 13th, 2017, 03:41 PM
My school district uses skyward which emails a report card and a missing/under 65% list to parents every week. They also have an application which the parents have more options and uses on, can be accessed any time and shows your grades.

My high school now sends out internet usage reports too. They say what you did on your laptop, what you searched, what videos you watched, etc.

SethfromMI
September 13th, 2017, 04:27 PM
yes we did in middle school and high school, though we brought home paper copies as well. College grades are obviously posted online as well. It never bothered me because I worked hard and got good grades.

kyle2003
September 23rd, 2017, 04:31 PM
Yeah. My school district recently made grades available online for parents to see, but I don't worry about it. I usually do well. Plus, in the past, if you got a bad grade the teach er would require that you get a parent's signature on it and bring it back.