PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what you could ask me

Dalcourt
September 11th, 2017, 10:39 PM
I hardly ever ask people stuff on their AMA threads since I small always at a horrible loss what to ask.
But since most member forums have such a thread I decided that maybe I should do one to do one, too.

Sere
September 12th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Yes or no!?

Just JT
September 12th, 2017, 09:40 PM
You really want ME to ask you shit?

Dalcourt
September 12th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Yes or no!?

Yes.

You really want ME to ask you shit?

Lmao, sure.

Just JT
September 12th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Ok

How are you really doing?

You can reply to any part of that via email or whatever you like

But is my question, and you know where it's coming from bro

Younsaid yeah so....

Dalcourt
September 12th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Ok

How are you really doing?

You can reply to any part of that via email or whatever you like

But is my question, and you know where it's coming from bro

Younsaid yeah so....

I know where it's coming from. And I love you for always caring, bro.
I honestly don't know how I feel...confused, afraid at the same time guilty.

Just JT
September 13th, 2017, 05:27 AM
I know where it's coming from. And I love you for always caring, bro.
I honestly don't know how I feel...confused, afraid at the same time guilty.

I get that. Are you talking to someone irl about that?

Dalcourt
September 13th, 2017, 05:54 AM
I get that. Are you talking to someone irl about that?

Nah, of course not. I don't want anyone to worry or anything.

Just JT
September 13th, 2017, 05:55 AM
Nah, of course not. I don't want anyone to worry or anything.

You don't need to tell anyone your seeing someone to talk to. You have a right to your privacy. Your 18 now right?

Dalcourt
September 13th, 2017, 06:23 AM
You don't need to tell anyone your seeing someone to talk to. You have a right to your privacy. Your 18 now right?

Lol no, I'll be 17 on the 25th of this month.

Beauregard
September 13th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Not sure if I can bug in an ask a boring question. What is your Avatar?

nebula
September 13th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Gonna do a typical Just JT...

Why?

Dalcourt
September 13th, 2017, 08:09 PM

My ava? It's the veve - religious voodoo symbol - for the goddess Erzulie Freda. The voodoo goddess of love.

Why?

Lmao yea that's a typical one...
So why?
Just because...:)

Just JT
September 13th, 2017, 10:42 PM

No boring questions here. I'm assuming you got your answers?

It's really a lot easier if you quote someone or mention someone so we know for sure who your asking

Why?

Me?
Huh?

My ava? It's the veve - religious voodoo symbol - for the goddess Erzulie Freda. The voodoo goddess of love.

Lmao yea that's a typical one...
So why?
Just because...:)

Love is a good word bro. One of the few 4 letter words that are awesome bro!!

Dalcourt
September 14th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Me?
Huh?

Love is a good word bro. One of the few 4 letter words that are awesome bro!!

Lol guess cuz ya did this why thing with Mars at her AMA

And yeah decided to be more positive with my symbol the old symbol I used was for death...

BlackParadePixie
October 22nd, 2017, 06:54 PM
What is your favorite sound?

Dalcourt
October 23rd, 2017, 10:10 PM
What is your favorite sound?

Favorite sound...hard to say it's when you have your window open in the night and you hear the distant humming of the city. Like around you it's quiet except for maybe a few bugs, but you know there still the bustling live going on in the distance.

BlackParadePixie
October 25th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Favorite sound...hard to say it's when you have your window open in the night and you hear the distant humming of the city. Like around you it's quiet except for maybe a few bugs, but you know there still the bustling live going on in the distance.
do you live in or near a big city? My house is out in the sticks... so it's QUIET at night, except for maybe the occasional car driving nearby.

Dalcourt
October 25th, 2017, 09:31 PM
do you live in or near a big city? My house is out in the sticks... so it's QUIET at night, except for maybe the occasional car driving nearby.

It's a neighbour of the city but a lil farther away from the center where the "nightlife" is. So here it's usually more quiet but you hear the sounds from the distance.

Phosphene
May 4th, 2018, 10:44 PM
Dalcourt

The last post in this thread was on my birthday :cool:

One thing you like about New Orleans and one thing you dislike about it?

Have you heard of Leon Bridges, and if so, do you like his music?

Do you like to read (if so what?)

Biggest pet peeve?

Aaaaand opinion of me?

I'm sorry if any of these were asked above, I didn't read the thread before posting.

lliam
May 5th, 2018, 12:27 AM
I'm also wondering what to ask you, since I feel much kinda like you - asking people something I can't even think of a question to ask.

So I asked myself why not simply asking you to think of a reliable question that works for you to be asked for ... from such a ungifted to ask stuff dude like me, so I can use such a question to ask it in here.

Dalcourt
May 5th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Dalcourt

The last post in this thread was on my birthday :cool:

One thing you like about New Orleans and one thing you dislike about it?

Have you heard of Leon Bridges, and if so, do you like his music?

Do you like to read (if so what?)

Biggest pet peeve?

Aaaaand opinion of me?

I'm sorry if any of these were asked above, I didn't read the thread before posting.

What I like about New Orleans most is that it is so un-American. What I dislike most about it? Drunk tourists in Bourbon Street.

Leon Brigdes? It's some Soul/Gospel singer? I just know the song "River" so I don't have much of an opinion about him.

If I like to read? Yes and no...sometimes I read about 2-3 books a week and then nothing for months as I can't concentrate on it. I like mainly classic novel stuff. With "Wuthering Heights" and "To kill a Mocking Bird" as some of my fave novels.

Pet peeve? Hmm, can't really think of any...Only thing that really annoys me is when I have my door closed and someone comes in to talk to me and is unable to close the door again when he/she leaves...I hate that. Apart from that I can deal with almost anything:P

Opinion? Ah well...even if we may differ on some things I admire you and your strength and intellect. If I were to have siblings I would have wanted someone like you as a sister.

Did I miss something? I guess not
I'm also wondering what to ask you, since I feel much kinda like you - asking people something I can't even think of a question to ask.

So I asked myself why not simply asking you to think of a reliable question that works for you to be asked for ... from such a ungifted to ask stuff dude like me, so I can use such a question to ask it in here.

Oh I feel if you or I or anyone else is ever in need of finding good questions we should all get a coaching from Amethyst Rose she is the absolute expert in finding great questions.

But you could always ask me about food. People from New Orleans like me always love to talk about food and how their cooking is superior toevery other cuisine;)

Phosphene
May 5th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Nope, you got them all.

Leon Brigdes? It's some Soul/Gospel singer? I just know the song "River" so I don't have much of an opinion about him.

R&B, soul, and yeah some of his music is pretty gospel-influenced (hence "River"). I'll shoot you a few songs of his later.

If I like to read? Yes and no...sometimes I read about 2-3 books a week and then nothing for months as I can't concentrate on it. I like mainly classic novel stuff. With "Wuthering Heights" and "To kill a Mocking Bird" as some of my fave novels.

To Kill a Mockingbird is great :) I haven't read Wuthering Heights yet

Opinion? Ah well...even if we may differ on some things I admire you and your strength and intellect. If I were to have siblings I would have wanted someone like you as a sister.

:heart:

Oh I feel if you or I or anyone else is ever in need of finding good questions we should all get a coaching from Amethyst Rose she is the absolute expert in finding great questions.

I'm a bottomless pit of questions :lol:

If you could put yourself in a classic novel, which one would you choose? Would you be one of the characters in it or an observer?

Dalcourt
May 6th, 2018, 06:26 AM
If you could put yourself in a classic novel, which one would you choose? Would you be one of the characters in it or an observer?

I sorta hinted at the question in our talk last night but didn't give a proper explanation.
I don't know which novel I would choose now...but as a kid I would have wanted to be Huckleberry Finn. I loved how he would do cool stuff while meeting so many different people and how he watched adults thinking like wtf is wrong with you people?
I really identified a lot with that when I was younger since I was always more of a bystander in the adult world than a kid hangin out with other kids.

So yeah thinking about it I would still put myself in that book as the main character who sorta narrates his experiences observing the world around him.

I generally find this an interesting topic of discussion. Why and how you identify with novels and characters in them....but I guess I shut up now.

Phosphene
May 6th, 2018, 11:42 AM
I sorta hinted at the question in our talk last night but didn't give a proper explanation.
I don't know which novel I would choose now...but as a kid I would have wanted to be Huckleberry Finn. I loved how he would do cool stuff while meeting so many different people and how he watched adults thinking like wtf is wrong with you people?
I really identified a lot with that when I was younger since I was always more of a bystander in the adult world than a kid hangin out with other kids.

So yeah thinking about it I would still put myself in that book as the main character who sorta narrates his experiences observing the world around him.

I generally find this an interesting topic of discussion. Why and how you identify with novels and characters in them....but I guess I shut up now.

No no don't shut up yet :D I'm always confused when people say that Huckleberry Finn and To Killa a Mockingbird are offensive books. Like wtf, HOW?

Which leads me to my next question: are there any books you genuinely find offensive, and why?

Dalcourt
May 9th, 2018, 09:59 PM
No no don't shut up yet :D I'm always confused when people say that Huckleberry Finn and To Killa a Mockingbird are offensive books. Like wtf, HOW?

Which leads me to my next question: are there any books you genuinely find offensive, and why?

I'm awfully sorry, I thought I had answered you already.
So yeah why people find those books offensive?

Well I never thought of them as offensive but I can see how people aren't comfortable with parts of it.

The word "nigger" is used in both of them. A lot of people felt Huck Finn to be racist saying this word all the time and being so taken aback when people think he is friends with Jim.
Considering when the book was written I never felt it being offensive at all how the subject is treated.

What is a bit tricky about Mocking Bird is the fact that the female is lying about being raped. A lot of women feel that is is a wrong portrayal of females being sexually assaulted. While this might be true to some extent, you have to take into consideration that those book was written by a female and also who this was a common accusation back in the days to have black males lynched.

So,I personally don't think of them as offensive but I also get how people can be offended and don't want them in schools.

I don't really find any books offensive - I have never read anything that I can think off. Maybe I can think of one later as my reading books continues :)

Phosphene
May 10th, 2018, 09:52 PM
Dalcourt those are definitely a cause of being offended. However, people from different eras had different attitudes and circumstances, so nit-picking some of their language, emotional conflicts, etc. and taking offense over it just distracts from the overall messages of the stories, which let's face it, is a shame :)

Who do you look up to?

Favorite food on a hot day?

Favorite food on a cold day?

Describe the most beautiful sky you've seen? (sunrise/sunset, meteor shower, rainbow, moon-related things, etc...)

Dalcourt
May 17th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Dalcourt those are definitely a cause of being offended. However, people from different eras had different attitudes and circumstances, so nit-picking some of their language, emotional conflicts, etc. and taking offense over it just distracts from the overall messages of the stories, which let's face it, is a shame :)

Who do you look up to?

Favorite food on a hot day?

Favorite food on a cold day?

Describe the most beautiful sky you've seen? (sunrise/sunset, meteor shower, rainbow, moon-related things, etc...)

I thought I had answered already...so sorry for replying so late.

Most beautiful sky I have seen?
The sky is always beautiful where you can see it without the haze from air pollution through too many cars.
So I don't know...just an ordinary blue summer sky is beautiful enough...and every night sky you are able to watch away from the cities. When I saw my first night sky away from the city as a kid I was amazed how many more stars you see.

Who I look up to?
My maternal Grandma and my great grandma. They told me not to just accept things and fight to make our world a better place. They were always fighting for civil rights and preserving our environment. It is thanks to people like them you and me have the freedom we take for granted today.

Food on a hot day? Food on a cold day?

I have no special food preferences for special weather. I can eat a hot gumbo on a hot day same I can eat iced watermelon on a chilly day. So the foods mentioned are the traditional to go foods in hot and cold days but I have no personal food for different types of weather.

Yeah I changed the order of the questions but doesn't matter I guess...

Phosphene
May 17th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Dalcourt That's beautiful! Do you ever feel like if you stare into clouds long enough you'll get swallowed up by them?

I've only had gumbo once, what are your favorite things to put in it?

Be honest... am I hard to put up with? I try not to be, but yeah you can say yes and I won't blame you :lol:

Dalcourt
May 18th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Dalcourt That's beautiful! Do you ever feel like if you stare into clouds long enough you'll get swallowed up by them?

No...I don't think so.

I've only had gumbo once, what are your favorite things to put in it?

I'm no picky eater so everything goes for me. I usually prefer seafood since it gives it more flavor.

Be honest... am I hard to put up with? I try not to be, but yeah you can say yes and I won't blame you :lol:

No you aren't hard to put up with at all. :)

Phosphene
May 18th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Dalcourt if you gave me one of your cats, which one would it be?

Dalcourt
May 18th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Dalcourt if you gave me one of your cats, which one would it be?

Oh...I could never give away one of my cats they are my babies. I'm a crazy cat lady at heart, lol.

But if I were to give you one it would be Milo.

Henry is the more beautiful. He has this thick orange coat and it feels great to touch it but he is also a very jumpy cat. He reacts with scratching and biting when he gets scared by unexpected movements or being touched out of the blue. So you need to be a bit cautious around him. It is no problem if you rad his facial expression or watch his tail but otherwise you can get seriously injured by him since he is also very large.
Some of my visitors are too scared to touch him for this reasons. If you can read him it's fine and he is an awesome cuddly guy.

So yeah you would get Milo. Milo is really tiny and that is a good thing he loves to sleep on people and he would suffocate you if he would be as heavy as Henry :). He will love to lie down on your chest and softly touch your face with his paws and also if you sleep and he wants you to get up and feed him he will rub is head on your face till you wake up. He has a very loud purr and always makes small noises when he run in front of you and wants you to follow . And he always meows when he enters a room. His coat is quite thin compared to Henry's but it feels like silk to the touch. He is mainly white with some gray on the sides and on his head.
He hardly ever scratches and doesn't bite at all.
So it would be the perfect nice companion.

Ah well I'm talking too much about animals. People tell me I tend to be way more passionate about animals than people...guess it's true.:wub:

Phosphene
May 19th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Oh...I could never give away one of my cats they are my babies. I'm a crazy cat lady at heart, lol.

But if I were to give you one it would be Milo.

Henry is the more beautiful. He has this thick orange coat and it feels great to touch it but he is also a very jumpy cat. He reacts with scratching and biting when he gets scared by unexpected movements or being touched out of the blue. So you need to be a bit cautious around him. It is no problem if you rad his facial expression or watch his tail but otherwise you can get seriously injured by him since he is also very large.
Some of my visitors are too scared to touch him for this reasons. If you can read him it's fine and he is an awesome cuddly guy.

So yeah you would get Milo. Milo is really tiny and that is a good thing he loves to sleep on people and he would suffocate you if he would be as heavy as Henry :). He will love to lie down on your chest and softly touch your face with his paws and also if you sleep and he wants you to get up and feed him he will rub is head on your face till you wake up. He has a very loud purr and always makes small noises when he run in front of you and wants you to follow . And he always meows when he enters a room. His coat is quite thin compared to Henry's but it feels like silk to the touch. He is mainly white with some gray on the sides and on his head.
He hardly ever scratches and doesn't bite at all.
So it would be the perfect nice companion.

Ah well I'm talking too much about animals. People tell me I tend to be way more passionate about animals than people...guess it's true.:wub:

Awww yup I'm taking your Milo for my own :3

Will you ever ask me questions on my thread?

Dalcourt
May 19th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Amethyst Rose if I will ever asked you questions on your thread?

Well I guess rather not. I'd rather ask you some of the stuff about you that would interest me in private ore else I will get accused of mocking you and gossiping about you again.;)

Phosphene
May 19th, 2018, 10:50 PM
If I will ever asked you questions on your thread?

Well I guess rather not. I'd rather ask you some of the stuff about you that would interest me in private ore else I will get accused of mocking you and gossiping about you again.;)

As you wish :P

Is the t on the end of your name silent?

Dalcourt
May 19th, 2018, 10:57 PM
As you wish :P

Is the t on the end of your name silent?

If you pronounce it in French it is but in Murica it usually isn't since people have no culture and don't know about foreign languages.

So preferably people say just Dal and leave the "court" part altogether since making it sound like "Kurt" is rather annoying.

Phosphene
May 19th, 2018, 11:04 PM
If you pronounce it in French it is but in Murica it usually isn't since people have no culture and don't know about foreign languages.

So preferably people say just Dal and leave the "court" part altogether since making it sound like "Kurt" is rather annoying.

I never wouldn've pronounced it like that, don't worry :lol:

Can you speak French?

Dalcourt
May 20th, 2018, 11:34 PM
I never wouldn've pronounced it like that, don't worry :lol:

Can you speak French?

Well you made not but I have heard a great deal of cringe worthy stuff.

Yes, I can speak French.