PDA

View Full Version : I hate school and show choir

olliegirl13211
September 11th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Okay, let me start off by saying that I don't hate learning. I love learning new things and I understand everyone says they hate school. But, honestly I just don't know what to do. I have talked to everyone about this and they all say the same thing, it'll get better, you just need to give it time. I understand that but none of this helps me at all. This one is going to be long to buckle in. I wake up every morning, stumble around and get dressed, and then I cry. I dread going to school so much that I stay up for as long as I can because I know I have to wake up and go to school the next morning. I am a freshman and am coming from a school I have been at for 9 years now, with teachers and friends and a family that I love like my own family. And now thats all gone, teachers, friends, everything I know has been ripped away from me and I have been given zero time to get used to it. I feel sick every morning because of how much I dread school, and I just don't know what to do.

Part two? Maybe...
Show Choir-
Now here is the part thats making me sick right now. Tomorrow I have to sing the National Anthem in front of a brand new teacher in a group of people I don't know at all. I am so anxious I feel like i'm going to throw up and it isn't even today. I just, I just want to cry. Just sit down and cry, for hours. I regret ever joining that stupid class but I can't change now. I am at the end of my resources. Just, please, if you have any advice for me. I would appreciate it, sooooooo much.

Thank you,
sad teenager

Just JT
September 11th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Changing schools friends and familiar surroundings I get. That's a huge deal. And as a freshman it's really hard. A really hard time of your life

Just reach out to people, try and make new friends. It's not as easy as that but it'll happen. I know you hate hearing that. But it's true

I changes schools, cities, friends, teachers, neighborhood, and family just over 2 years ago. Felt completly alone on every level. It totally sucked. But you know what? After a really hard year or so, (mostly my own doing) snit started to change. I think cause it just took so much time for ME to let people into my life. I just couldn't trust people. Still have issues with that.

But in time I realized that after seeing the same people day in day out whether at home school churchnor hood, it all just kinda happened.

You obviously got a talent. Singing. Not everyone can just sing the national anthem at a game like that. You got a gift you were born with. A gift meant to share. That's why you were given that gift. Cause no matter how you feel now, you'll walk out in front of everyone, close your eyes if you need to, and you'll sing like your in the shower and nobody's there. Like you really just don't give a shit. And it'll be crank. People will love it. It'll be a new you

You'll see, it'll happen....:)

olliegirl13211
September 11th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Thank you, that advice about choir made me smile, something I haven't done all day. I appreciate you being the one good thing about my day. Thank you again, I really appreciate it. :)

Just JT
September 11th, 2017, 09:06 PM
No prob. Let us know how you make out ok?

Sere
September 11th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Okay, let me start off by saying that I don't hate learning. I love learning new things and I understand everyone says they hate school. But, honestly I just don't know what to do. I have talked to everyone about this and they all say the same thing, it'll get better, you just need to give it time. I understand that but none of this helps me at all. This one is going to be long to buckle in. I wake up every morning, stumble around and get dressed, and then I cry. I dread going to school so much that I stay up for as long as I can because I know I have to wake up and go to school the next morning. I am a freshman and am coming from a school I have been at for 9 years now, with teachers and friends and a family that I love like my own family. And now thats all gone, teachers, friends, everything I know has been ripped away from me and I have been given zero time to get used to it. I feel sick every morning because of how much I dread school, and I just don't know what to do.

Part two? Maybe...
Show Choir-
Now here is the part thats making me sick right now. Tomorrow I have to sing the National Anthem in front of a brand new teacher in a group of people I don't know at all. I am so anxious I feel like i'm going to throw up and it isn't even today. I just, I just want to cry. Just sit down and cry, for hours. I regret ever joining that stupid class but I can't change now. I am at the end of my resources. Just, please, if you have any advice for me. I would appreciate it, sooooooo much.

Thank you,
sad teenager
I too hate school (not in the cheesy way and I do like learning as well.)
Try to stay in touch with people from where you used to be, people who you know and try to talk to new people as well.
A few years ago I was ruthlessly bullied and was alone by myself. It got a little better yet I still have no friends I truly trust in real life. I've been often crying in the nights as I think about my past and my future.
I know the pain of moving as well, try to push through... just try to at least survive day by day and ask for help from anyone you can when you need it, don't fret to.
I believe you can make it through this, try to meet new people, be yourself to them and make true friends
And tommorow, you can do well. We all believe in you :)
Of course if you wanna talk I'm here
:hug2:

olliegirl13211
September 12th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone, sorry it took me so long to reply. My school has terrible wifi and i just got home. So update time, my partner I sang with turned out to be really cool and I think I might have a friend in her. We sang in front of my teacher and she said we harmonized really well and sounded great so I'm very happy about that.

Your guys advice really helped me have confidence for my performance today so I really appreciate that. School wasn't as terrible today as I thought it would be so I thank you again. Hopefully tomorrow will be okay too. :)

Just JT
September 12th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Tomorrow will be a great day, you'll see.
Wana hear all about it ok?

olliegirl13211
September 13th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Figured i'd update on how my day went. Today went pretty good. I got to hang out with my friends and I don't have a lot of homework. I drew an owl for my online class that looks really good, so I'm proud of that. In choir we started singing Moana and I'm super excited for that too! So all in all, it was a pretty good day. And to top it off, we're going homecoming dress shopping today! :D

Sere
September 13th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Figured i'd update on how my day went. Today went pretty good. I got to hang out with my friends and I don't have a lot of homework. I drew an owl for my online class that looks really good, so I'm proud of that. In choir we started singing Moana and I'm super excited for that too! So all in all, it was a pretty good day. And to top it off, we're going homecoming dress shopping today! :D

Glad it went well :yes:
I hope the best for you the rest of year as well as the ones to come :D

Graf_18
September 15th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Try to find people with common interests. At most schools they have clubs you can sign up for, and you can meet some new people there. Who knows, some new friends might just make that school day a little more bright, and make you look forward to it just a little more.
Good luck!