PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on E-cigs

Ryanq512
September 9th, 2017, 07:41 PM
I wanted to get your guys opinions on E-cigs. I am considering trying them for the sole purpose of stopping my cravings for cigars. I am a volunteer EMT and I have Been around cigars my entire time I have been with my department. When I was 18 some of the members started me on smoking cigars. Over time I've done it more and I've started to have more of a craving for it. I was thinking of trying E-cigs as a way to deal with the craving when it comes about but not sure if i should. I feel if I start now to try and stop the cravings early I won't become majorly addicted to them and stop it early. If you guys have tried do you like them and what your opinion is. If you haven't I would still like to know your opinion.

DriveAlive
September 9th, 2017, 09:05 PM
I really enjoy vaping.

Ryanq512
September 9th, 2017, 09:15 PM
I really enjoy vaping.

What about it do you enjoy.

Mars
September 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Id recommend getting an e cig if you're trying to cut down on smoking. Of course, it still had nicotine and everything in it, but it isn't as harmful to your lungs and doesn't have the chemicals that cigars and cigarettes do. Keep in mind that cutting down smoking isn't going to happen overnight and using ecigs isn't going to help you if you don't have the right mindset and mentality and determination to quit smoking. It's all you in the end, and nothing helps you get somewhere more than you do.

On another note, some typical ways of dealing with cravings or temptations is chewing on gum or what my grandpa does, chew on straws. There's a couple other methods you can look up as well :)

red04
September 9th, 2017, 09:26 PM
I never have smoked and never will but my dad did he is also an EMT when he started working he decided to stop but I think E-Cigs are better then real ones because you won't get cancer my dad quit but only did it a few months

DriveAlive
September 9th, 2017, 10:54 PM
What about it do you enjoy.

The nicotine and the lack of smell/smoke.

Ryanq512
September 9th, 2017, 11:40 PM
@DriveAlone what kind do you use

Scarface
September 9th, 2017, 11:45 PM
The nicotine and the lack of smell/smoke.

I've been smoking for a little over a decade. Love the smell like the taste. Tried vaping to cut down as I was up to 3 packs a day. Spent hundreds on vaping material and liquid. Ended up putting it down. It didn't give me the same feeling as my cigarettes. Might taste good but in my mind. It didn't cut the cheese. It's really all up in your head. If you're tired of smoking and spending money on CIGARETTES then do it but starting up vaping and getting a decent piece costs $$$. Maybe after that and you're just buying liquid it's different but you're still spending a good amount on it. I was at an 18 for my liquid and it just was t strong enough for me.. plus the flavors on the strength I had was limited. Just put your mind to quitting if that's really what you wanna do. I obviously wasn't ready to quit yet. Everyone is different And you might find your strength and flavor off the bat, but it does take time. Be easy man. Good luck

DriveAlive
September 10th, 2017, 11:54 AM
@DriveAlone what kind do you use

Wisemec Jaybo

DerBear
September 10th, 2017, 12:18 PM
E Cigs do work. I've used them for around a year and a half exclusively and they've stopped me ever wanting to smoke traditional tobacco products like cigarettes. The problem you might have is that while vaping replaces the nicotine aspects, it doesn't eliminate the craving for a cigarette or in your case a cigar and since most people don't usually have a nicotine addiction with cigars, its most likely a craving for the act itself. Now I'm not saying people who smoke cigars don't become addicted but cigars aren't usually smoked in the quantity that cigarettes are smoked. Normally cigar smokers have a couple cigars a week or maybe one a day. Again I don't know your situation so it could be different.

I've been smoking for a little over a decade. Love the smell like the taste. Tried vaping to cut down as I was up to 3 packs a day. Spent hundreds on vaping material and liquid. Ended up putting it down. It didn't give me the same feeling as my cigarettes. Might taste good but in my mind. It didn't cut the cheese. It's really all up in your head. If you're tired of smoking and spending money on CIGARETTES then do it but starting up vaping and getting a decent piece costs $$$. Maybe after that and you're just buying liquid it's different but you're still spending a good amount on it. I was at an 18 for my liquid and it just was t strong enough for me.. plus the flavors on the strength I had was limited. Just put your mind to quitting if that's really what you wanna do. I obviously wasn't ready to quit yet. Everyone is different And you might find your strength and flavor off the bat, but it does take time. Be easy man. Good luck

What Ron says basically sums up my thoughts above. Getting a decent mod for vaping is quite difficult. My initial set up plus liquid cost me around 90 and my further two mods I bought later on cost me in the region of 170. Then you've got the cost of the liquid and why you can go cheap on that...it generally is harsh as fuck and doesn't satisfy me so I have to go with the more premium stuff which costs me about on average 15 for 30ml and I go through that normally in a week, if not more, so some weeks I spend 30 on liquid. Other costs include coils which again last anywhere from a week to three weeks depending on what I'm vaping and how much I'm vaping and the current mod I have I can get 3 coils for 12 so those last me usually a month if not more.

You can do vaping on the cheap....you really can. You can buy a cheap pen device for about $20 and it might work for you and you can buy cheap E-liquid for only a couple bucks and that might work for you but in saying that a lot of people I know and have spoken too in person and online find that generally they try that out and end up going back to cigarettes after a week or so because the cheaper devices don't necessarily satisfy them.

In my personal experience its one of the best decisions I've ever made and I absolutely would recommend to people to make the switch but it's all in the mindset.

If you've got any questions then let I'll do my best to answer them.

Seabadger67
September 10th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I don't smoke and I never want to, it's an unhealthy habit that's hard to kick

jamie_n5
September 14th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I don't smoke and won't either. If you are trying to quit smoking totally I think that nicotine patches are the safest and least expensive way to go. I read a lot so I have read about this.

Drewboyy
September 14th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Inhaling anything is unhealthy, so I like to stay away from those things

Trish_Lynn
September 14th, 2017, 10:42 PM
My dad smokes e-cigs and I think it's great because the house doens't smell like cigarettes all the time.

becca07
September 15th, 2017, 03:33 PM
My dad smokes e-cigs and I think it's great because the house doens't smell like cigarettes all the time.

Same with my aunt. Our family functions smell a lot better now lol.

racheluk
September 16th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I think e-cigs are a really good thing and in some ways pretty miraculous! Because they seem to quench people's desire to smoke and they seem harmless, although it's true there hasn't been any long term testing on them yet. But for sure we can say they're a much better bet than the real thing and a great tool to give up.

CosmicNoodle
September 16th, 2017, 01:13 PM
If you're trying to cut down get a vape, if you don't smoke still go ahead but make sure you use the nicotine free juice otherwise you'll just build up an addiction over time.

PlasmaHam
September 16th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Vaping is not as bad as typical tobacco products, but they aren't harmless. So as a stepping stool to stop smoking cigars, I'll encourage that. But I would not encourage a non-smoker to start vaping.

PinkFloyd
September 20th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I think they're a good tool to help quit smoking. No hate at all towards people that vape for fun, but it's just not for me.

messid
September 22nd, 2017, 08:00 PM
my uncle used it to cut down on smoking! but he set a time limit so that he wouldnt vape forever...he said that e cigs look less dangerous than cigarettes of course but we still dont know if vaping can be super bad after a long time of doing it. so he started vaping and then lowered how much he did until a year later and quit forever. i say try it if you really need to quit!!

noah.whynot
September 23rd, 2017, 11:58 AM
Well I've never smoked so I don't know if e-cigs help cut down on that or not. And there seem to be different opinions on whether there's bad health effects from them too. I personally don't see the appeal of smoking, regular cigarettes/cigars or e-cigs so I'm unlikely to start.

pilog
October 17th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Vape if you want to act cool without smelling like shit

Stronk Serb
October 26th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Speaking from the experiences of both of my parents, no substitute for tobacco or cigarettes does it to stop the cravings. With E-cigs they managed to go without a smoke for about 6 months, and then magically start smoking again because they kept getting a half-product, not a whole cigarette and they can't take it anymore. If you want to quit, cut it out completely and mnimiye stress. Also get chewing gum and chew and focus on chewing if you need something to keep your mind off of smoking. I managed to do if for about a month before external stress got the better of me.

YungRox
October 28th, 2017, 05:18 AM
Vaping helps me take my mind of cigarettes, as i'm more addicted to the process of smoking and the smoke, not the nicotine.

topseededamateur
November 4th, 2017, 12:18 AM
E-cigs are good.ive smoked a few times

MeganA
November 13th, 2017, 06:39 PM
I haven't tried those but I smoke regular cigs.