PDA

View Full Version : Should I end this relationship?

Thedukeoftrumpet
September 9th, 2017, 01:26 AM
I've been with this person for around 2 years, but things have changed recently... They are spending more and more time with other people, they are ignoring me, act unhappy around me, make me feel disrespected and depressed, and they barely talk to me (I have to start our conversations, which have become nothing but small talk). I feel really sad seeing things go sour. Also our parents are good friends so I'm even more worried. Should I end it or am I being overdramatic...?

Our circle of friends are very intertwined, so I'm worried about losing mutual friends as well.

posts merged. ~devotionnel

TheFutureDoctor
September 9th, 2017, 05:53 AM
I'd say trust your gut..
Don't like it? End it. But be sure not to take a hasty decision, try to discuss the issue with her. Do ask her, because there's a slight chance you're overthinking it. Communication is what builds any successful relationship..
If she does say she isn't into you anymore, part with peace and move on. (Fuck the mutual friends, if they stop hanging out with you for THIS, they're not worth it anyway)

ska8er
September 9th, 2017, 03:31 PM
If this group is ignoring u then try
and find new friends. Seems like
whatever u once had has run its
course. Maybe u all just have lost
interest in each other if u cant hold
a conversation. Its hard to keep a
friend. I wouldn't rule all of them out.

jamie_n5
September 9th, 2017, 04:00 PM
You start out in the singular saying person and then go right into the plural with they. So are you worried about being rejected by one person or a group of people? Either way people get close and get to know about everything they want to know about the other person or persons and so it gets to be day to day conversations get to be small talk. Just be yourself and interact with (him,her) and others. If you are being treated unfairly or bad then just walk away from whomever is treating you bad.

Just JT
September 10th, 2017, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't "end" a friendship. It might just be in a low place right now. Sometimes even best friends need space from each other

But also what I know about any relationship is that if it's not good for one, it's not good for both.

So maybe just backmoff a bit and seek out some new friends. Maybe when your two families get together every once in a whatever time it'll be different.

Thedukeoftrumpet
September 10th, 2017, 11:13 PM
It's one person that I'm talking about, but I switched to plural because if I breakup with this person ill lose just about all of my friends, so it wouldn't be a singular breakup.

Uniquemind
September 11th, 2017, 05:11 PM
It's one person that I'm talking about, but I switched to plural because if I breakup with this person ill lose just about all of my friends, so it wouldn't be a singular breakup.

That dynamic is weird to me unless something really messed up happened to sway mutual friends to side with one person or the other, usually mutual friends that were healthy friends to begin with stay neutral to relationship drama.