PDA

View Full Version : Voice Change

InternetTeen
September 6th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Over the summer holidays my voice got deeper and i didn't even know. When i get back to school all my friends start telling me that my voice has got deeper and they keep asking me to talk so they can hear it. It's a bit embarassing and annoying. Has that happened to you and how do i deal with it?

mick01
September 6th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Are you older than your friends or did you start puberty earlier? That hasn't really happened to me since me and my friends and schoolmates have gone through puberty pretty much together so that no one kid stood out from the others with any changes.

lliam
September 6th, 2017, 11:43 AM
my voice changed slightly. so it wasn't such a big deal.
instead I'd three grow spurts in a row. 2 during summer breaks.

I'd to deal with jokes such as:

How is the weather up there?
HELLOOOOOOO, CAN YOU HEAR ME?
Look there, a lonely radio tower in the prairie.
Sorry, too many clouds, can really see your head.

Then the folks got used to my size, and these jokes stopped. I never cared.

Should happen to you in a similar way.

InternetTeen
September 6th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Are you older than your friends or did you start puberty earlier? That hasn't really happened to me since me and my friends and schoolmates have gone through puberty pretty much together so that no one kid stood out from the others with any changes.

we're the same year and i'm not sure on puberty. I think i'm earlier than them but one of my friends might be a bit ahead of me

ska8er
September 6th, 2017, 02:47 PM
U r self conscious of it cause ur friends
notice it but u don't. There is nothing to
b embarrassed about something u cant
change. Maybe they want to hear u cause
they r jealous. I'm sure their voices have
cracked and gotten deeper also. It is some
thing u have to live with and happens to all
of us.

jamie_n5
September 6th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Yeah I have been made fun of by some guys. They say hey your voice sounds like your an old man. Your voice changes so gradually that you don't really notice it other than the cracking and squeaking you make occasionally.

Hermes
September 6th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Not had anyone make fun but I have had people comment. In my case at the end of the first year of secondary school, i.e. UK school year 7 which would US 6th grade, I went back to see some friends at my primary school and they commented on my voice changed. I hadn't noticed.

kro814
September 6th, 2017, 06:59 PM
My voice hasn't changed yet.

Drewboyy
September 6th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Every time I see a girl for the first time in a long time "Oh my god your voice"

scott2002
September 6th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Over the summer holidays my voice got deeper and i didn't even know. When i get back to school all my friends start telling me that my voice has got deeper
Same thing happened to me when I started 8th grade. Some guys voices change slowly and others (like you and me) it seems ours changed a lot and over a short time. I grew close almost 2 inches that summer, too, so I looked and sounded a lot different than what I was like at the end of 7th grade.

InternetTeen
September 7th, 2017, 01:50 AM
Same thing happened to me when I started 8th grade. Some guys voices change slowly and others (like you and me) it seems ours changed a lot and over a short time. I grew close almost 2 inches that summer, too, so I looked and sounded a lot different than what I was like at the end of 7th grade.

I went from 5'1 to 5'4 in the summer holidays

Jamiec1130
September 7th, 2017, 02:28 PM
My voice changed pretty dramatically over one summer, and people I saw often didn't say much about it, but people I don't see as often noticed.

nnoooooooopppeee
September 7th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Over the summer holidays my voice got deeper and i didn't even know. When i get back to school all my friends start telling me that my voice has got deeper and they keep asking me to talk so they can hear it. It's a bit embarassing and annoying. Has that happened to you and how do i deal with it?

It's not as embarrassing as it NOT happening, trust me :)

kyrocks03
September 8th, 2017, 07:31 AM
I grew a shit ton over the summer and my voice changed a lot too. I didn't notice and no one said anything to me about all summer long, but when I went back to school (I go to a private) the headmaster and teacher pointed out how much I've grown and how I sound so grown up now. None of the kids in my classes seem to really care much though. We are all like 14 years old, so its natural.

And76
September 8th, 2017, 08:52 PM
My voice changed when I was 13. I came back to school after winter break, and my teacher said what happened to you. I had grown a couple inches and my voice was really deep.

igalg
September 10th, 2017, 01:06 PM
My voice changed when I was about 13. Mother of my best friend said to me about it, and it was a little embarrassed.

Pichu
September 10th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Mine didn't deepen properly until I was maybe 15 or so, I hated it because I still sounded like a little kid compared to my friends.

It's still not super deep but looking back now it was nothing to worry about.

Bpalmer02
September 10th, 2017, 01:22 PM
My voice changed last year, but it was a gradual thing

martinpajero
September 11th, 2017, 11:06 AM
my voice changed very slowly, so no.

joel02
September 17th, 2017, 06:30 PM
when i was 13 at school my freind voice changed pretty dramatically over christmas holuday and he was taller, too. i remember we are all surprised