PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - try listening to music in foreign languages!

Cronor
September 5th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Okay, so this is a simple concept that I really like!

Try listening to music in a language that you don't understand.

I'm serious! It's like listening to Radiohead's Kid A (http://taminogruber.com/icyeyes/interp.htm) . No matter what the lyrics actually mean, you can always pretend t hat the song is about whatever is currently relevant to you, and you won't be interrupted by familiar words.

Mars
September 5th, 2017, 06:25 PM
I listen to a lot of french music, but im not completely in the dark about the language :P I love reading the lyrics as I listen to the song tho n figuring it out as I go

Dalcourt
September 5th, 2017, 10:20 PM
I listen to French music but like Mars said, I also know thelanguage same goes for the German music I listen to.

But I also listen to a lot of Japanese music and there I really don't understand more than a few words per song.

KatieCO2003
September 5th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Die Eier von Satan by TOOL. Its in German and sounds like a Hitler speech, but its actually a recipe for hash cookies!

Cronor
September 6th, 2017, 03:01 PM
I listen to a lot of french music, but im not completely in the dark about the language :P I love reading the lyrics as I listen to the song tho n figuring it out as I go

I actually started learning French just so I could sing Aux Champs Elysees :D

rioo
September 7th, 2017, 10:09 AM
I listen Rammstein.

german_boy
September 10th, 2017, 04:51 PM
When I listen to Despacito, I'm like Justin Bieber
hqx1QgnAw2M

Alisha_
September 28th, 2017, 05:46 PM
I listen to a lot of music from different countries I don't understand lol. Chinese, Russian, Korean, German, all over! xD As long as I like how the song flows I can listen to anything! :)

BloodyClaws
October 25th, 2017, 10:41 AM
I like Dir En Grey. I don't understand their lyrics most of the time, though...

Endeavour
October 25th, 2017, 01:47 PM
I've started to listening to some French music more often now because it's a module in the course I'm currently taking. It is different to the music that I'm used to yes, but it is still quite good.

Sublime Demonz
October 25th, 2017, 03:10 PM
French music is my absolute favorite, but I took French classes in high school and studied the language a lot so most of the time I'm able to understand it. However, my girlfriend got me into K-Pop, and I don't know any Korean whereas she does. Other than that, I've listened to some music in Russian, Norwegian, Italian and Spanish. It's a really cool way to get to know another culture, even if you don't understand the words.

Falcons_11
November 6th, 2017, 11:06 PM
I like listening to opera. Does that count as listening to music in a foreign language?