PDA

View Full Version : Open/Closed Campus

logan2002
September 4th, 2017, 09:57 AM
How many of you go to schools with an open campus, you can leave at anytime, and how many go to a closed campus, you can't leave.

My 160 student Catholic High School and the 1200 student public High School are both open. We are able to dual enroll as juniors at the local community college. We get both college and high school credit, high school picks up tab. At times the college teacher comes to the high school and at times we go to the college depends on course.

As many fast food joints are half way between our schools, we go to lunch there to meet friends.

Zachary G
September 4th, 2017, 10:02 AM
My school campus is closed. Once youre in, you cant leave campus unless you have permission or are sick -- stuff like that.

Ayoze
September 4th, 2017, 10:15 AM
My school campus is closed. Once youre in, you cant leave campus unless you have permission or are sick -- stuff like that.

Isn't that horrible? Spend hours and hours in the same space.

Endeavour
September 4th, 2017, 10:25 AM
At my school, you can only leave when you are in the last two years of school, even then you can only leave for lunch and you have to be back on campus by the end of lunch even if you don't have a scheduled lesson. I don't mind staying in school really, it doesn't bother me.

Jinglebottom
September 4th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Closed but we go out anyway.

ShineintheDark
September 4th, 2017, 11:51 AM
My high school was closed bar exam time for Y11s but my college is open

Cognizant
September 4th, 2017, 12:25 PM
My high school was open, even though we're right next to a Veterans Hospital and once had to go on lockdown due to a patient escaping! :P

Shamal
September 4th, 2017, 02:49 PM

Mine is the same.

BlackParadePixie
September 4th, 2017, 07:43 PM
well, my campus is technically closed.... but I leave sometimes anyways.

Just JT
September 4th, 2017, 09:29 PM
It's closed. But if you have like a not for dismissal and stuff you're allowed to leave. But then again there's nothing really stopping you from leaving campus either. There's a guard shack there but he's not gunna stop anyone if they wana leave lol!!!

Bull
September 4th, 2017, 09:42 PM
my hs was closed for fr and soph. open for those dual enrolled.

Zachary G
September 7th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Isn't that horrible? Spend hours and hours in the same space.

Its not that horrible, depending on your schedule, you may not be there all day. Like now that I am working and its my last year, my school day ends around 1pm

Agent X
September 8th, 2017, 12:02 AM
My HS is closed campus, but I take the rest of my classes at a university anyway, so I basically can leave after my 1 class at the high school

Sword of the morning
September 17th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Open campus since it's in on the edge of town. It is only 250 or so people so makes it easier to see who's gone.

Voice_Of_Unreason
September 17th, 2017, 09:23 PM
I'm homeschooled, so this doesn't much apply to me, but I know the school my friends attend is open campus. It's a very large high-school, so it's a bit surprising.

Uniquemind
September 17th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Mine's closed and gated pretty-well, but some kids just climb over it to go off-campus for lunch, they'd get in trouble if caught though.

I know a couple who have sneaked off campus on lunch breaks, and hooked-up and stuff.

But on the whole it is closed and for good reason.

However seniors who are 18 have the right to sign themselves out for lunch or for legitimate reasons like doctor's appointments. But they are tracked in terms of how often they utilize that privilege and statistically frequent use of that privilege does attract attention by the office secretarys.

However this open/closed campus is a separate issue when it comes to concurrent enrollment in the local community college, anybody can do concurrent enrollment provided the college has room for you and your high school grades are on track or excellent.

Nnoki
September 17th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Sadly it is one of the few high schools on my city that is a closed campus (because we have from preschool up to high school)

Elysium
September 17th, 2017, 10:47 PM
I've only ever gone to open campus schools.

kyle2003
September 23rd, 2017, 04:52 PM
Mine is a closed school which sucks because I hate school food and I don't like to bring lunch. So I wish I could go down the street to grab lunch. We have dual enrollment, so I guess those kids get to leave for any classes off campus. Other than that, it is a prison. The school has a six foot high security fence around it with the exception of the very front where visitors enter. Just like a prison.

Sublime Demonz
September 23rd, 2017, 09:13 PM
My high school was closed campus. However, if you had a note each day from a parent and a study hall at the end of the day/no classes, you could leave. I did this my senior year since I had my license and my own car and I worked a lot.

Falcons_11
October 20th, 2017, 10:13 PM
My school is closed campus. There are just 3 ways you can leave during school hours:

1. Medical or dental appointments
2. Field trip
3. Dead.

Microcosm
October 21st, 2017, 02:56 PM
Compared to your school, my school is Nazi Germany. You can't leave unless you're sick or your parent checks you out. Hell, you can't even go out to your car in the parking lot to get something. You can't even leave a classroom without teacher permission. If you have a job, you can get released early and leave before the last hour of the school day for everyone else.

Olds01
October 21st, 2017, 09:20 PM
My high school is a closed/open campus. You have to have a note from a parent to leave during class, not matter what grade you are in, but anyone can leave after lunch.

messid
October 30th, 2017, 07:06 PM
we have a closed campus ): wish i could get out sometimes but i cant
oh well i just have to wait for college!