PDA

View Full Version : Testicle Size

Jacob G.
September 4th, 2017, 05:24 AM
The average length of testicles for adults is apparently 2 inches. I was just wondering what the length of your testicles are and also your age and approximate development. Small testicles supposedly produce less testosterone, as well as less sperm, which isn't ideal.

I'm 17, and seemingly fully developed, however my testicles are about 1.75 inches in length. They could even be smaller, but measuring is difficult so I'm thinking its around 1.75. I think by 17 most guys have fully developed testicles, so I'm wondering why mine seem to be below average. I look to have the same amount of testosterone as others, idk what to make of this.

Leon03
September 4th, 2017, 06:12 AM
As far as I know doctors determine testicle size by their volume not by their length.
At least mine did with the help of an orchidometer. That is a string with ovally shaped wooden balls of different size to compare with while palpating your testicles.

I heard sperm and testosterone production is not correlated with testical size. So no worries.

Hermes
September 4th, 2017, 06:48 AM
On the question of testosterone I think that is independent of testicle size because it is subject to a negative feedback loop. The hypothalamus, part of your brain, monitors the amount of testosterone in your blood and increases/decreases the amount of the hormone GnRH it produces. That controls the amount of LH and FSH (two more hormones) the pituitary gland produces and those in turn control how fast your testicles work.

Sperm count may well be related to testicle size but if it is, given that the average is 66 million per ml and the limit for fertility is about 20 million/ml yours would have to be a third smaller than average for it to be a problem. That means if you are right about 2" yours would have to be less that 0.7" for it to be a problem. Also, as others have pointed out, it is usual to measure volume, not length.

So overall, don't worry.

scott2002
September 4th, 2017, 06:51 AM
I'm 17, and seemingly fully developed,
Seemingly fully developed? So it sounds like your nuts have been working fine. I wouldn't be the least bit worried about it. (When I was 13 and started masturbating, I was worried I was going to use up all my sperm, and when I became an adult and wanted to have kids I'd have no sperm left. I add this cuz, sometimes, I think we worry about crazy things unnecessarily.)

jamie_n5
September 4th, 2017, 11:11 AM
As far as I know doctors determine testicle size by their volume not by their length.
At least mine did with the help of an orchidometer. That is a string with ovally shaped wooden balls of different size to compare with while palpating your testicles.

I heard sperm and testosterone production is not correlated with testical size. So no worries.

I totally agree with this. I don't know just how long or big my nuts are but I know by comparison that I have slightly larger ones than the average.

And76
September 8th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Mine are about 2.75in long and 1.3in in height currently, which is quite large.
I first noticed them changing at 13, and seemed to happen really fast.

After a few months they got smaller(closer to the normal range) but then increased in size recently. I personally have high Testosterone and noticed more rapid development when my testicles were bigger

kro814
September 8th, 2017, 09:21 PM
I guess I am average. Compared to other boys in locker room.

scott2002
September 9th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Mine are about 2.75in long and 1.3in in height currently, which is quite large.
I personally have high Testosterone and noticed more rapid development when my testicles were bigger

Go down a few messages in this old post and you'll see a pic of an orchidometer: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175454

If yours are really as big as you say they are, it looks like you might have about the biggest human testicles ever discovered. Much bigger than the "size 25" in the picture.

Nax32
September 9th, 2017, 03:08 PM
If yours are really as big as you say they are, it looks like you might have about the biggest human testicles ever discovered. Much bigger than the "size 25" in the picture.

I don't think that balls that big are that uncommon, my left one is 3 inches long and 1.75 in height. I know that they are really big but I don't think they are outrageous or anything.

Falcons_11
September 9th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Mine are small and hang maybe 2 inches. But I'm still growing so I hope they grow larger.

Bpalmer02
September 10th, 2017, 05:53 AM
I've never measured mine, but they're pretty big I think

thttatt20
September 10th, 2017, 05:57 AM
I don't know exact measurements because I've never measured them, but I'd day that they are decent size probably larger than average.

Jericho14
September 10th, 2017, 06:06 AM
Mine are small and hangs less than 2 inch yet my testosterone is high af

I also heard that men with small testicles are better fathers lol

Jacob G.
September 10th, 2017, 05:55 PM
I agree that testosterone production is probably independent of testicle size, because your brain can tell them to produce more or less. This is why people with one testicle have normal functioning despite missing a whole testicle. I researched it and this theory seems to be true. So the size doesnt seem to matter for testosterone production, but sperm production does increase with larger testicle size. So size only really matters for sperm production, which may be useful considering sperm rates are dropping rapidly apparently. 3 inch testicles are massive, lol. At least when they're smaller they're less in the way I guess. Good Luck xD

scott2002
September 11th, 2017, 06:47 AM
With all this discussion I decided to measure my own testicles. I found it not so easy to do accurately, cuz on one end there are seemed to be a lot of hoses and tubes attached. That's apparently my epididymis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymis If I measure my whole testicle including all of that, I am about 2 1/2". But if I feel and measure just what appears to be my actual testicle, it's about 2" long.

fernandorolon
September 11th, 2017, 11:00 AM
mine aren't that big either. idc.

Hermes
September 19th, 2017, 03:59 AM
...So size only really matters for sperm production, which may be useful considering sperm rates are dropping rapidly apparently...

But bear in mind we're not talking dramatically smaller, just normal variation. People's overall size varies and so does the size of other body parts. According to Wikipedia the average height for a man in England, where I live, is 5'10" but there are plenty who are 5'8" or 6' and they don't usually worry about being either short or tall.

So 1.75" compared to 2" is 87.5% of the size so scaling the average 66 million sperm per ml that gives 57.75 which is still way above the normal limit for fertility at 20 million/ml. Even someone who had lost a complete testicle would likely still be fertile.

That means for you, just like most guys, how many children you go on to have will depend on how many your partner and you decide to have based on social factors, what you can afford, and the toll it takes on her body and not by how many sperm you pump out.

kirikiri94
September 19th, 2017, 10:54 AM
How do u measure your testicles?

igalg
September 19th, 2017, 11:29 AM
I'm 19. My testicles are about 2.1 inches in length.

JarrettZ
September 19th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Mine are pretty average I think, although they are a little bigger/swollen a bit if I have not cum for a few days

joel02
September 19th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Mine are in average. But I'm still growing and I think they grow larger.

alexr
October 12th, 2017, 04:49 PM
I don't know any exact way to measure my balls size, but I think mines are about the size of a grape.