PDA

View Full Version : Death Note Movie Adaptation

Sere
September 3rd, 2017, 11:47 PM
So a year or two ago I watched death note and as I kept getting ads for the new movie adaptation over the past week or two so I decided to watch it and see how bad it was.

I'm not gonna go into what happened in the film but what are your opinions on it?

Personally I did not enjoy it and it made me 'cringe'.

Side note: I need a new show of some sort to watch, it does not have to be anime. All suggestions are appreciated :whoops:

Mars
September 4th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Fucking. Trash. All I gotta say

I watched like the first ten minutes complaining the whole time "Uh this didn't happen in the manga, this didn't happen in the anime, what the fuck, who is this pussy ass bitch casted as Light?" Before I turned it off.

Honestly why do they have to fuck up EVERY single cartoon or anime adaption movie? Like, just stick to the fucking anime or manga, get good actors that actually fit the roles, and don't fuck up? Like it's not that hard

Vermilion
September 4th, 2017, 12:33 AM
I watched Death Note this year and I really enjoyed it but don't think I could watch the new thing.

Vermilion
September 6th, 2017, 02:16 PM
So a year or two ago I watched death note and as I kept getting ads for the new movie adaptation over the past week or two so I decided to watch it and see how bad it was.

I'm not gonna go into what happened in the film but what are your opinions on it?

Personally I did not enjoy it and it made me 'cringe'.

Side note: I need a new show of some sort to watch, it does not have to be anime. All suggestions are appreciated :whoops:

Just started watching it and I'm not impressed at all by it. They have ruined a good programme :/

Dalcourt
September 7th, 2017, 10:18 PM
I liked the anime/manga so I watched it but it was horrible and a waste of time.

ShineintheDark
September 9th, 2017, 09:32 AM
I'm yet to watch it though I'm probbaly more likely to like it than you guys as I haven't seen the anime. I think it's more likely that you'll hate it if you have any frame of reference or an original to compare it to. As an example, I watched It recently with my friends and I quite liked it. However, my friend hated it because she's read the book and hated how many changes they made.

bojack
September 9th, 2017, 06:38 PM
I'm not a massive fan of the anime, but the netflix movie was so bad (and really whitewashed, but thats a different conversation). Ive heard that the Japanese live action version from like 2006 is pretty decent tho