PDA

View Full Version : Stolen money

Pika2001
September 3rd, 2017, 01:39 PM
Alright, so a few weeks ago I sold my hoverboard for $100, the buyer gave me 5 $20 bills, I put one $20 bill in my wallet and put the other 4 $20 bills in a piggy bank in my room because I don't want to have $100 on me just in case I lose my wallet. I rolled the 4 $20 bills up and put a rubber band around it so I can get it out of the piggy bank easier. Yesterday, I needed a $20 bill, so I went to get the money from the piggy bank, the $20 bill was still rolled up with a rubber band, but instead of 4 $20 bills, there was only one $20 bill. this made it obvious that somebody left one $20 bill in the rubber band so it was less noticeable. I'm pretty pissed off since somebody went to my piggy bank which is in my room and took $60. Again, I noticed yesterday and I don't know how long it has been since the money was taken.

I don't know what to do.

I currently suspect my sister and/or her friends for taking the money because my sister used to occasionally take things from my room as a prop for a video.

also, my sister and her friends always hang out in her room, which is right next to mine, so when my sister goes to the bathroom (my sister has chrones disease, so it takes her a long time to poop), it gives her friends more than enough time to take the money from my room.

any suggestions?

Mars
September 3rd, 2017, 01:42 PM
Confront them. It's not okay for them to be stealing money from you, especially if they're family. That's pretty much the only thing you can do. You can also tell your parents that someone had taken your money from your piggy bank.

jamie_n5
September 3rd, 2017, 02:15 PM
First of all if you sold your hoverboard for $100 why did you only get 4 $20's that's only $80? I would confront your sister and her friends and tell them that they better fess up and work out a way to pay you back. If they won't tell you tell them that you will call the police and they will take over and then they will be in big trouble. That may get them to confess and work something out. It is quite obvious that it has to be one of them.

Pika2001
September 3rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
First of all if you sold your hoverboard for $100 why did you only get 4 $20's that's only $80? I would confront your sister and her friends and tell them that they better fess up and work out a way to pay you back. If they won't tell you tell them that you will call the police and they will take over and then they will be in big trouble. That may get them to confess and work something out. It is quite obvious that it has to be one of them.

I meant to say 5 $20's. thanks for pointing that out.

UPDATE: I do not suspect my sister as much as I suspect her friends. I will ask my sister some questions regarding them going into my room when she gets home.

Also, thanks Jamie for pointing out the incorrect numbers. I did get paid 5 $20 bills for the hoverboard. I was stressed out yesterday when I realized $60 was missing that I didn't do the math correcty.

Posts merged. Your posts were only 5 minutes apart, please edit if your update is relatively soon after your first post. ~Endeavour

mick01
September 3rd, 2017, 03:57 PM
Since you don't suspect your sister, I think it would be ok to get your parents involved. This is pretty serious stuff and they're likely going to find out anyway.

Just JT
September 3rd, 2017, 04:23 PM
The hard thing here is there's no real proof that any one person did anything wrong. Only suspicions. So you need to get a thief to tell the truth, or catch them in the act.

First person I'd go to is your parents. Your sister might be a pert of it and maybe not. If you confront her she will defiantly tell her friends. And will give them a chance to get their stories straight. Or who ever it is who stole it.

If you say nothing to your sister, put more cash in your bank, and set a trap, somehow making sure those you suspect know there's cash there, then bang, caught!!

May I suggest a video camera?

Pika2001
September 3rd, 2017, 09:39 PM
UPDATE: I told my parents yesterday and my mom made a rule and now no friends are allowed INSIDE the house when my parents aren't home. Also, I asked my sister if she can ask her friends about this, but she won't do it, which is a sign that she doesn't care and raises her suspicion upon her, but I don't believe that she took the money, because she has more money than me, I have a feeling that one of her friends took the money and my sister was in on it. Also, I personally dislike some of my sister's friends because of things they have done. (I don't want to say exactly why)

I just don't know what to do, I've never lost this much one before, I also make the least amount of money in the house so this really sucks. But thanks JT for the suggestion of catching them in the act, but that's unrealistic because my sister's friends won't be in the house as often because of my mom's new rule.

Also, my friend suggested that I get a lock for my door (key lock) as it seems like a great idea in theory, but in practice, it doesn't seem that practical needing to use a key every time I go into my room. But I do want to get a regular door lock that you can lock from inside, but that's not good for this situation, but is great for something else, if you know what I mean.

Just JT
September 4th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Locked door is a good idea. But also, what about a lock box, or a small safe to keep stuff in.

A friend at school made me on in his shop made of diamond plate last year. It's pretty cool. Keep cash, and other shit I'm not supposed to have locked up so nobody can get to them

SingerInTraining
September 5th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Where I live stealing $60 you could go to jail for. Maybe ask you sister's friends' friends if any of them seemed to have extra money to spend.

Trish_Lynn
September 5th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Instead of a piggy bank, I have a lock box that I keep my $$$ in. It's a combination lock and it is very sturdy. I got it on Amazon. It won't help you get your lost $$$ back, but will help prevent anyone from taking it in the future.

That really sux though...

Pika2001
September 5th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Where I live stealing $60 you could go to jail for. Maybe ask you sister's friends' friends if any of them seemed to have extra money to spend.

I don't see or know my sister's friends too much, also, my sister has a lot of friends, so it would be hard to narrow down the thief

Uniquemind
September 12th, 2017, 02:02 AM
I don't see or know my sister's friends too much, also, my sister has a lot of friends, so it would be hard to narrow down the thief

There's not enough proof. The money's gone.

I recommend a lock box and/or a firebox, which will protect the stuff inside even during a fire.

Pika2001
September 19th, 2017, 05:57 PM
There's not enough proof. The money's gone.

I recommend a lock box and/or a firebox, which will protect the stuff inside even during a fire.

Thanks for the recommendation, yeah I already accept the fact that the money's gone, it sucks but there is nothing I can do

Bluegrass
September 21st, 2017, 12:42 AM
That's a hard thing to have your sister take your things if she took it.If it was her friends none of them will admit that so it looks like its gone.Just have to hide money better take care.