PDA

View Full Version : Lore Geeks

Seraph
September 1st, 2017, 05:25 PM
I'm just wondering: are there any people out there who are consumed by their love for lore?

Personally, I love games, books and movies with a deep lore; especially The Elder Scrolls Series and Warcraft (as of games). I think that such games are much better than your regular games because the creators have shown a lot of creativity and created their own universes with separate laws of science and added things like dragons, elves, giants, magic, etc. Not only does the lore provide a deep insight into the events with occurred before the main character's story and explain the story much deeply, but also they are enjoyable as you can imagine how great it would have been to have been playing/living through those times.

I am also a big fan of Tolkien and George RR Martin and have a deep knowledge into the worlds, and I think 'tis safe to say that I know the lore of their worlds better than our own world's history.

So... are there any other loremasters out there who are like me?

Sere
September 3rd, 2017, 11:51 PM
I'm just wondering: are there any people out there who are consumed by their love for lore?

Personally, I love games, books and movies with a deep lore; especially The Elder Scrolls Series and Warcraft (as of games). I think that such games are much better than your regular games because the creators have shown a lot of creativity and created their own universes with separate laws of science and added things like dragons, elves, giants, magic, etc. Not only does the lore provide a deep insight into the events with occurred before the main character's story and explain the story much deeply, but also they are enjoyable as you can imagine how great it would have been to have been playing/living through those times.

I am also a big fan of Tolkien and George RR Martin and have a deep knowledge into the worlds, and I think 'tis safe to say that I know the lore of their worlds better than our own world's history.

So... are there any other loremasters out there who are like me?
When I played Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind I was a bit crazy for lore. I for sure know people who are/were lore geeks and you're not alone here :)

Alisha_
September 25th, 2017, 09:18 PM
I love lore in games I play. World of Warcraft, Destiny 2, Mass Effect, and other RPG's and some MMO's. I get to the point of spending hours watching videos and reading stuff about the lore for them! My friends I play with are also like that, we'd spend a lot of time thinking up random stuff that might happen in the future or stuff to explain why certain things are the way they are. It's really fun!

Jake445
October 2nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
I've gotten into star wars lore in the past and I've also read lots of books including the ones you've mentioned, and read up about the lore.