chomoto123
August 30th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Guys
I've been having dilemma between what to choose for my college
I'm thinking of Bioengineering or Civil engineering
Any ideas or advices pls :D

Endeavour
August 30th, 2017, 11:05 AM
It depends on what you're into, both are very science-based. If you're more into the biological side of the world, then pick bioengineering, but if you're in to the physical side of the world then pick civil engineering. It will be your career path so at the end of the day it's up to you.

Doaifhdoaoxjdoa
August 30th, 2017, 12:33 PM
I find both really interesting, so I'd be just as torn as you :D. Just make sure to consider which one you'd stay interested in when you do it for most of your day. ^_^

jamie_n5
August 30th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Can't you just start out with basic engineering classes and then branch off to the side you grow more of an interest for?

Dmaxd123
August 30th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I would talk to some people in both fields some that have just graduated and some that have been at it 5+ years

i'm assuming bio is going to be more lab focused thus possibly limiting your location

civil may be office or you may get days afield but I would think more choices of location... but I may be wrong

Porpoise101
August 30th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Maybe you could try to get an internship in one of those fields. If not, then perhaps you could try to talk to any bioengineers or civil engineers about their career.

Seraph
September 3rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
I think you should sit down quietly and just ask yourself: What is your passion?

If you are interested in artificial tissues, organs, organ components, replacing damaged or absent body parts, and so on, then you should take bio-engineering. If you are interested in dealing with things like design, construction, roads, buildings, bridges, dams, and so on, then pick civil engineering. When you find your passion in one, consult an expert or someone with experience about it. My family has a deep history in engineering, and I say this to you now as someone aspiring to be an engineer.

Good luck.

SethfromMI
September 3rd, 2017, 02:44 PM
all great advice. ask yourself which one do you have the greater passion for? try to talk to people in both fields. also, if it is not a decision you have to take right away, take some time to really think about it

Andari
September 3rd, 2017, 02:57 PM
try to imagine yourself in 5 - 10 years from now and see in which profession do you see yourself working and enjoying what you do

as said above perhaps getting more details about each direction could help you decide

Just JT
September 3rd, 2017, 06:56 PM
You seem wicked smart. What about a double major? Mor major in one and minor in the other?