August 28th, 2017, 07:19 PM
did you ever gave sperm sample for medical evaluation xD
and how you feel if so :D

scott2002
August 28th, 2017, 07:30 PM
As a kid???
Why???
I'd say this NEVER would happen.
I think only guys trying to get their wife pregnant and it's not happening get sperm sample tests.

Jamiec1130
August 28th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I've never heard of a teenage boy giving a sperm sample. Why?

jamie_n5
August 28th, 2017, 07:47 PM
As a kid???
Why???
I'd say this NEVER would happen.
I think only guys trying to get their wife pregnant and it's not happening get sperm sample tests.

It would seem to be of no reason or value to be tested as a teen.

martinpajero
August 28th, 2017, 07:51 PM
not really lol

kro814
August 28th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Why would a kid ever have ta do that?

teenboyNathan
August 28th, 2017, 09:22 PM
I've never heard of a teen boy doing that. I don't even know if it's legal

SethfromMI
August 28th, 2017, 10:42 PM
no and I don't know any teens who have. usually that is reserved for when couples are trying to get pregnant and are having a difficult time so they do a sperm test. (as scott2002 mentioned). otherwise I couldn't imagine the need. some make you do a urine sample, but that is different.

Slashman1
August 28th, 2017, 11:19 PM
no but i guess if they thought or you did that there might be a problem i guess you might have to but personally never have been asked

Gay Paul
August 29th, 2017, 07:44 AM
It would seem to be of no reason or value to be tested as a teen.

I heard that if someone was suffering from mumps or undergoing chemotherapy for cancer, then the doctor recommends if the patient is a teenager, is twenties or early thirties :D

SethfromMI
August 29th, 2017, 08:24 AM
I heard that if someone was suffering from mumps or undergoing chemotherapy for cancer, then the doctor recommends if the patient is a teenager, is twenties or early thirties :D

ok but if that is true, that is under an extreme circumstance. most common physicals would not require a sperm sample.

Hermes
August 29th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Picking up on what people have already said, lab time has to be paid for so there has to be a benfit that means someone is prepared to pay.

Interstingly, Janczewski & Bablok did some research where they analysed the semen of a number of boys and compared the results to other things such as the length of time since first ejaculation, bone age, hormone levels and secondary sexual characteristics and published a series of papers. I have no idea how they got the funding to do that but if does mean there is a way estimate what your own semen characteristics might be from those other things (except that you would be unlikely to know your bone age). The links to the abstracts for anyone interested:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3833078
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3833079
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3833080
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3938638

When it comes to running the analysis for one individual I can't see there would be any benefit in doing it as a routine thing. The value of any kind of screening or routine examination is in being able to begin treatment when it has the least cost/most benefit. My understanding is that if and when someone is trying to get his wife pregnant has a low count of high quality sperm the options are mainly lifestyle improvement and if that doesn't work, IVF or similar, i.e. work-around the problem rather than being able to cure it. That means doing the test during the teen years long before one is trying for a baby doesn't have any value, in fact if the person being tested was one who, for whatever reason, did not go on to try for a baby it may be better to continue in blissful ignorance than be told bad news.

Back to the original question, though, labs/services do generally document the process which will be sone variation of masturbate and squirt into a sample container. If you live close to the lab you may be able to do that at home and bring the sample in, otherwise you will need to go into a private room at the lab/service in question.

I did hear, in the media, a case where a boy was treated for cancer and in his case they froze his sperm prior to treatment.

KingExplosionMurder
August 29th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Uh no i never have

mick01
August 29th, 2017, 11:22 AM
I peed in a jar for something once but never sperm. And if a doctor asked me to do that, I'd walk out.

ItsFootballnotSoccer
August 29th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Many people have done urine samples but i dont see why teens would have to do sperm samples

pjones
August 29th, 2017, 06:27 PM
giving a sperm sample probably not part of a routine physical exams for boys.
however, I've given them because I have low testosterone due to a hormone imbalance, so I'm on medication. until the meds started working i wasn't making sperm just semen

Falcons_11
August 29th, 2017, 08:28 PM
I've had lots of physical (school, sports, etc). None ever asked for a sperm sample.

nklarke
August 29th, 2017, 09:43 PM
It could be done for medical reasons but not as part of a regular exam.

NewLeafsFan
August 29th, 2017, 10:25 PM
I have never done that. I would have a problem with it though. I have actually considered giving sperm for money.

scott2002
August 29th, 2017, 11:35 PM
Interstingly, Janczewski & Bablok did some research where they analysed the semen of a number of boys and compared the results to other things such as the length of time since first ejaculation... I have no idea how they got the funding to do that...
Yikes!! I wonder how they found 134 young boys, and they must have gotten parent permission, to have them JACK OFF FOR MONEY and collect their young cum and examine it???

"Hey Robbie, wanna come over to my house after school today??
"No, I can't. I gotta go let the guys at the lab measure my dick, count my pubic hairs, and jerk me off again today."

Hermes
August 31st, 2017, 07:57 AM
"Hey Robbie, wanna come over to my house after school today??
"No, I can't. I gotta go let the guys at the lab measure my dick, count my pubic hairs, and jerk me off again today."

[i]"Hey Paul, , wanna come over to my house after school today?"
"No, I can't. I'm staying late at school for a little personal project because I know where there is a labl with microscopes that are not supervised so I am going to use them to examine my sperm.."[i]

Why do that? Curiosity. Same reason kyrocks03 used one his mum's microscopes to do the same. It is an intense curiosity that causes people to become scientists. Once trained they may have a practical goal, for example finding a cure for cancer or developing materials for a future landing on Mars, but it will have started by wondering how stuff works and why things happen the way they do. So when kyrocks03 was concerned about his mum finding out, but said she was a microbiologist, as that was how she came to have professional standard microscopes at home, I predicted she would understand his curiosity and be cool about it, and she was.

But you are onto something and it is certainly not lost on me that the names of the researchers seem Eastern European, though they do seem to working in the fertility field generally, given the other papers they have published. I wonder how many in the west would have dared to do it for fear of being branded paedophiles. Professor The Lord Winston did appear in one episode of "Jamie's Dream School" in which they got one of the boys in the class to provide a sample so they could see sperm under the microscope, projected on the wall for the benefit of the whole class. Why do that? Why not just use a clip from YouTube? My understanding is that these were students that had trouble concentrating in normal school and part of the idea behind "Dream School" was to make things less abstract and seem more relevant to them. Using someone in the class immediately makes it seem more real-life and less "text book".

SeansLittleBro
September 4th, 2017, 12:45 PM
I've read and re-read this thread for about a week now. I still find it difficult to imagine why a teen would HAVE to give a sperm sample unless there was a medical reason as described by pjones. This doesn't sound right at all.