PDA

View Full Version : Body issues

Matryoshkasystem
August 27th, 2017, 10:41 PM
I have two problems I want to talk about, one strech marks, the other knees.

The strech marks issue is super confusing since I haven't gained any weight, lost any either, in fat or muscle. Plus I haven't really grown any in two years. Yet strech marks are appearing on my hips and one on my upper arm. This is confusing since I have not done anything to cause these to happen.

Next is the knee problem. Every now and then I'll acidentally have a bone...I don't know...pop?Slip? out of place around my knee. I have always been able to put it back into place, but it is worrying. since when I don''t feel any pain. Exccept in my head, almost like a migrane but a lot weaker.

ShineintheDark
August 28th, 2017, 07:15 AM
I feel a little awkward saying this as you identify as neutral but, if you're biologically male, you will naturally grow a certain amount of muscle mass and that will cause some stretch marks (happens with me even though I don't really work out) and it's perfectly natural. I assume it's the same with growth in biological females, sometimes it isn't what you've done but what your body is naturally doing behind the scenes.

elmoc
August 28th, 2017, 10:03 AM
The clicking you describe in your knee might indicate that you have a stretched or torn ligament. I suggest seeing your doctor, who might refer you to an orthopedic surgeon. I'm not saying you need surgery. A referral to a physical therapist might help strengthen various ligaments. The concern is that you might seriously hurt your knee while running or playing sports- then you will need surgery.

For the stretch marks, I found some good information on the LiveStrong website regarding cause & treatment suggestions. Check out that site for "stretch marks without losing weight."

Matryoshkasystem
August 28th, 2017, 06:08 PM
ShineintheDark It's okay we only use that since we have both guys and girls in the system-more than one mind/person/soul in a body-.

jamie_n5
August 29th, 2017, 01:00 PM
It is perfectly normal to get stretch marks. All people get some at some point in different areas for different reasons.
As far as your knee and head pain I suggest a visit to your doctor. Sounds like that is the best thing to do in my opinion.

Matryoshkasystem
August 29th, 2017, 09:46 PM
I did go, he has referred me to a orthepedic doctor, since all my problems right now are relaated to the bones.