PDA

View Full Version : Bromance

Ryanq512
August 24th, 2017, 09:20 PM
How many of you think you have a bromance And why.

Just curious

Mars
August 24th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Uh I mean I have a brother and we're cool, so that's counted right? :P

Ryanq512
August 24th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Bromance as I like a best friend that you are closer to than anyone else even your family sometimes.

kyran.gough14
August 24th, 2017, 10:55 PM
well a bromance as in a guy best friend with a guy or with any best friend???? if last kne hen yh with a girl which was a uear older than me and probably with a guy as well.

jamie_n5
August 25th, 2017, 12:17 PM
The term bromance is used so much lately that in order to define bromance now we have to broaden the meaning. In the beginning, a bromance was defined as a healthy, secure friendship between two heterosexual guys. The men were usually single, although many times a bromance continued even when one of the guys was in a relationship.

This definition has changed to include any two guys in a close friendship regardless of their sexual orientation.

A bromance might start with an admiration of something that the other man does, like his ability to shoot hoops, talk to women, or succeed in business. The men enjoy hanging out with each other so much that it becomes a (nonsexual) infatuation.

The media often uses the word bromance to describe two men who just met who get along. For instance, in March 2016 when President Obama talked with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at the White House, media headlines everywhere declared the two were in a bromance. Celebrities like Justin Timberlake, Andy Cohen, and Will Ferrel are also said to be in a bromance with their close, male friends.
What a Bromance Really Is

The origins of the word come from a combination of "bros" (male friends or brothers) and romance. Ideally a bromance only happens when two guys meet and just get along so great they develop this instant, platonic love for each other.

The common line you hear with a bromance? I love you, man!

Bromances are also called "man crushes" because of the level of affection the guys feel for each other. Sometimes the men enjoy spending time together so much that they prefer to hang out with their "man crush" more than their significant other.

The other key? The guys involved in a bromance are so happy to be friends they don't care about getting teased. They're in love with their friendship.

Just JT
August 25th, 2017, 02:33 PM
I agree with jamie_n5. But also, I see a bromance as not also including any one or all of those components, but also potentially including a sexual type of relationship. But not always.
The difference between that, and having/being a bf is that outside the bedroom it's just regular best bros. wvwn when alone. It's not all hugs n kisses and holding hands and all that. Just being best bros and kinda helping each other out when needed in that way kinda thing.

But yeah I do have a bromance and it's pretty cool. Feels like as close as a best friend or really close brother as I'd feel like it would feel

Ryanq512
August 25th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I agree with both you you guys however I'm not too sure about it be a sexual type of relationship. I feel as though that defeats the purpose of it. That being said though my "man crush" and I have kissed on the cheek before but in a non sexual way.

I do agree with Just JT in that bromance is pretty cool. I think it is a great thing and I think anyone who isn't in one is missing out.

Just JT
August 25th, 2017, 04:52 PM
I agree with both you you guys however I'm not too sure about it be a sexual type of relationship. I feel as though that defeats the purpose of it. That being said though my "man crush" and I have kissed on the cheek before but in a non sexual way.

I do agree with Just JT in that bromance is pretty cool. I think it is a great thing and I think anyone who isn't in one is missing out.

Perhaps your right. It might be a bit different for everyone. But the sexual part wasn't like a sexual relationship you'd have with your gf/bf. But you might be right

But you are def right about missing out

ska8er
August 26th, 2017, 07:46 AM
My best friend and I since we were
5 yrs old. We have no real brothers
so we have been really close.

NewLeafsFan
August 29th, 2017, 11:03 PM
No, I can't say that I do.

chomoto123
August 30th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Bromance with friend
We would stroke each other sometimes :D

Akksksosppapapwpee
August 30th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Kindaaa have one right now. When i sleepover he cuddles me when hes sleeping and he likes sitting on my lap even though hes freaking giant and crushes me everytime

Skylake78
September 1st, 2017, 09:07 PM
I have a best friend who I've known since like grade 2 I think it was, and I'd say we're close enough for it to be considered a bromance of sorts :)

Bpalmer02
September 10th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Me and my best friend have been really close for years, if that counts lol

Living For Love
September 13th, 2017, 02:46 PM
I don't have one right now, but I've had in the past. Things didn't end very well, though. Be careful whom you trust.

PinkFloyd
September 13th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Oh yeah, I absolutely have a bromance with my friend Tom. I've got his back no matter what. Of course, him and I aren't romantically involved, but we're best friends. This video pretty much sums up my definition of "bromance"
EJVt8kUAm9Q

Nnoki
September 13th, 2017, 05:16 PM
guess i do, i had some issues with him (today actually)
But i think sometimes the society thinks that what you 2 may do can be wrong (hugging, sitting pretty close to each other, teasing pretty often, etc.) and don't get me wrong, i think that that kind of people shouldn't exist, but sadly I live in a country where 87% of the people are catholic, and also very homophobic
Even tough we are not actually doing anything "wrong" they think 2 guys shouldn't be like that

Just JT
September 20th, 2017, 05:42 PM
guess i do, i had some issues with him (today actually)
But i think sometimes the society thinks that what you 2 may do can be wrong (hugging, sitting pretty close to each other, teasing pretty often, etc.) and don't get me wrong, i think that that kind of people shouldn't exist, but sadly I live in a country where 87% of the people are catholic, and also very homophobic
Even tough we are not actually doing anything "wrong" they think 2 guys shouldn't be like that

Are you saying it's not ok for 2 guys to be such close friends they can't give each other a hug?

Not a gay thing at all....sorry I don't understand that thinking at all. It's just a sign of affection. Just as you'd do for your parents or siblings or anyone really.

I'm not catholic but went to a catholic school for a bit. Didn't see that sentiment at all

SeansLittleBro
October 5th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I have a boyfriend who means everything to me as well as a twin which is a relationship that only twins can really understand. However beyond that I have a best friend who I am so close to he could be my boyfriend as well so I believe that with the definitions that Jamie and JT have stated that I do have a bromance, after all.

impossiblemindset
October 9th, 2017, 03:59 AM
but like, that's a derogatory term you make brothers in love with each other feel like shit,

bojack
October 9th, 2017, 11:21 AM
but like, that's a derogatory term you make brothers in love with each other feel like shit,

What? No, its not a derogatory term. And how would it even make brothers feel like shit?

To answer the question, I've never really had a lot of guy friends, mostly just girls, so I've never really had one