PDA

View Full Version : close friend in a bad car crash...

PinkFloyd
August 23rd, 2017, 03:08 PM
I just found out that my close friend Lexy was involved in a tbone crash on the passenger side. She was sitting in the passenger seat when the impact happened. The driver is fine, but Lexy was airlifted to a hospital. I don't know very many details because I'm down here in Iowa/Nebraska 350 miles from home at school. I'm about to get in my car and take the interstate all the way home. I just fucking prayed for her recovery. I'm not religious.

She's unconscious in the hospital. She has a strong pulse and is breathing, but she just needs to wake up...

Mars
August 23rd, 2017, 03:18 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this :( Im hoping for the best for your friend and her recovery! It's good that she's breathing and has a strong pulse, rather than nothing at all.

jennycakes
August 23rd, 2017, 07:06 PM
Its a good sign that she has a strong pulse and is breathing. Please don't do anything crazy. If you are going to drive up to be by her side drive safely. Will pray for her recovery .

Just JT
August 23rd, 2017, 07:46 PM
Car accidents are weird. People can look and seem really fucked up and be fine. She has a strong pulse and all, good sign.
350 miles is a long haul bro. May wana re think that. May get there and nothing's changed. And also might be another round trip. Either way, staying put may be better communication but may not feel that way.
350 miles is a long drive bro
Want some company, you shouldn't drive Thant alone like this ok?

SethfromMI
August 23rd, 2017, 07:47 PM
I just found out that my close friend Lexy was involved in a tbone crash on the passenger side. She was sitting in the passenger seat when the impact happened. The driver is fine, but Lexy was airlifted to a hospital. I don't know very many details because I'm down here in Iowa/Nebraska 350 miles from home at school. I'm about to get in my car and take the interstate all the way home. I just fucking prayed for her recovery. I'm not religious.

She's unconscious in the hospital. She has a strong pulse and is breathing, but she just needs to wake up...

so sorry to hear man :( praying she wakes up and she will be able to make a full recovery

Just JT
August 23rd, 2017, 07:57 PM
Yes, sorry, praying for her as well
Lots of them

jamie_n5
August 29th, 2017, 05:16 PM
So sorry PinkFloyd. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family and you. Please give us an update when you can.

PinkFloyd
September 3rd, 2017, 12:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this :( Im hoping for the best for your friend and her recovery! It's good that she's breathing and has a strong pulse, rather than nothing at all.

Its a good sign that she has a strong pulse and is breathing. Please don't do anything crazy. If you are going to drive up to be by her side drive safely. Will pray for her recovery .

Car accidents are weird. People can look and seem really fucked up and be fine. She has a strong pulse and all, good sign.
350 miles is a long haul bro. May wana re think that. May get there and nothing's changed. And also might be another round trip. Either way, staying put may be better communication but may not feel that way.
350 miles is a long drive bro
Want some company, you shouldn't drive Thant alone like this ok?

so sorry to hear man :( praying she wakes up and she will be able to make a full recovery

Yes, sorry, praying for her as well
Lots of them

So sorry PinkFloyd. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family and you. Please give us an update when you can.

Thanks, everyone for your kind words. Lexy was in the intensive care unit until just yesterday. She's still gonna be in the hospital for about another week, but is expected to make a full recovery. If you want to read the news article about what originally happened, it's here:
http://www.fox9.com/news/275881590-story

SethfromMI
September 3rd, 2017, 09:05 AM
So wonderful to hear she is expected to make a full recovery!!

Tommy Lion
September 3rd, 2017, 09:15 AM
I am really glad that your friend Lexy will make a full recovery!!
I know what you felt Rob. I lost my best friend by a car accident. He was only 10 (so was I at that time).

jamie_n5
September 3rd, 2017, 01:07 PM
I am glad to hear that she will be alright. Wow she was basically dead for a short while. Thank God for people that knew what to do arrived right away. I also didn't know that you were from Minnesota too.

PinkFloyd
September 3rd, 2017, 04:02 PM
I am glad to hear that she will be alright. Wow she was basically dead for a short while. Thank God for people that knew what to do arrived right away. I also didn't know that you were from Minnesota too.

Yeah, I'm afraid she would have likely been dead on arrival to the hospital if that fire fighter didn't perform CPR. And yeah, I've lived in the south metro area of Minneapolis since I was born. I recently moved out for college, but my home address is still in Prior Lake

I am really glad that your friend Lexy will make a full recovery!!
I know what you felt Rob. I lost my best friend by a car accident. He was only 10 (so was I at that time).

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. I lost a friend at age 11. It was a weird time.

So wonderful to hear she is expected to make a full recovery!!

Thanks, man, means a lot.

KatieCO2003
September 4th, 2017, 03:27 AM
That's very good news. Last year I was in recovery/PT with a girl that was in a t-bone accident. We were both in the ICU for weeks.

xXl0sth0peXx
September 5th, 2017, 08:29 AM
That's so scary, I'm so sorry that this happened. I'm glad to hear that she's doing better though. Thank god for medics.

Trish_Lynn
September 5th, 2017, 03:39 PM
I'm so glad to hear she is going to recover. I gasped when I saw the photos of the crash and how lucky she was for those good samaritans. I thought I heard in the report other people kept driving by and not stopping. How can one do that, really? I pray she makes a full recovery.