PDA

View Full Version : Motivation and Cardio

olliegirl13211
August 21st, 2017, 10:00 PM
So school is starting a couple weeks and I'm signed up for show choir. Which means I'm going to have to sing and dance at the same time. I admit i'm a very unfit person and rarely ever excersise. I really want to start running on the tredmill so I'm ready for show choir and for the fact I want to lose weight. I'm very self conscious and pretty sure I'm overweight for my age. I really want to start some cardio but how am I supposed to get on the tredmill if I barely have enough motivation to get out of bed at 12 in the after noon? Please give me some advice if you have any on this topic.:(

Sailor Mars
August 21st, 2017, 11:13 PM
I have some trouble sometimes finding motivation to workout. Then I remember my goals, my dreams, and progress so far and I think to myself "I can't get anywhere if I can't do anything. I can't get stronger if I don't train. If I'm not strong I'm not good enough. I can't reach my goals and achieve what I want to achieve." And honestly, sometimes that's enough. You have to push yourself, you have to fight through the lack of motivation and fight through the pain of actually training and keep pushing.

The cold, hard truth is that if you want to lose weight, it's not going away overnight. It's not going away without working and you need to work. Your goals and some hardcore rock should be enough to put you in a good mind set. Just chill out with some good vibes, good food, good rest, and a good mentality and always keep your dreams in mind.

As for actually training and working out, if you need some tips or smth hmu via VM ^^ I'll try to help anyway I can!

olliegirl13211
August 21st, 2017, 11:35 PM
Thank you, I may take you up on that offer sometime. :)

Sailor Mars
August 21st, 2017, 11:42 PM
Thank you, I may take you up on that offer sometime. :)

No problem! Also, feel free to start posting in this thread (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2025398&page=1) once you do start working out, just to keep track of progress :)

nebula
August 22nd, 2017, 02:28 AM
VT General Hospital :arrow: Sports and Fitness

I think the thread is better suited here. :)