PDA

View Full Version : Solar eclipse

swimjoey1
August 21st, 2017, 12:25 PM
Did anyone get a good look at the solar eclipse. My parents and I are on vacation in Vegas and I got my eclipse solar shades and it's cloudy and raining. It never rains in Vegas. Grrrrr. I can't see a single thing.

Vermilion
August 21st, 2017, 12:47 PM
I just saw it on the news would of liked to see it in person

Just JT
August 21st, 2017, 01:02 PM
It's pretty clear where I am, and it's coming into view now. It's pretty cool. It's like someone took a small bite out of the sun lol!!

Endeavour
August 21st, 2017, 01:03 PM
I don't live over in the Americas so couldn't really see it. I watched a live stream of it on NASA's website and it looked pretty cool.

ambitious_eclipse
August 21st, 2017, 01:59 PM
Just saw it happen in Missouri. Quite nice.

SingerInTraining
August 21st, 2017, 05:03 PM
It was cloudy here too but it did get darker and the birds all thought it was evening. It didn't get as dark as I expected so I was a little disappointed.

Barbara.
August 21st, 2017, 05:44 PM
Couldn't view it as it was very cloudy here I'm bumming it

Dalcourt
August 21st, 2017, 10:15 PM
Yeah...our whole school watched it together. It was an awesome experience.

Falcons_11
August 21st, 2017, 10:54 PM
It was too overcast here and I'm several hundred miles from the path. Maybe I'll catch the next eclipse when it comes around.

rioo
August 22nd, 2017, 10:13 AM
I do see that one happened in around 2015.

Cassius14
August 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM
I don't think I was in the path of the eclipse this time, but I think it's a shame for some people that cloud can spoil if you are expecting to see it

xXl0sth0peXx
August 22nd, 2017, 03:25 PM
i wasn't super into it, and i was working yesterday, but we took a few trips out as a team to look at it, and a member of the club gave us glasses, so it was neat to see. probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to, but none the less neat.

Just JT
August 22nd, 2017, 09:31 PM
I do see that one happened in around 2015.

That was a lunar eclipse.
But was also really cool as well. The moon was orange lol!!

jennycakes
August 23rd, 2017, 09:10 AM
Saw a little. It was partly cloudy so I couldn't see much. Where I live the eclipse was 80% coverage. It was pretty cool. Looking forward to 2024, the next eclipse to affect my area will be a total eclipse.

KatieCO2003
August 23rd, 2017, 10:00 AM
94% up here in Colorado, but even so, it was just kinda meh. I was expecting it to get a lot darker. The only really noticible thing was that it made the shadows of the leaves from our tree look like little cresents.

ImCoolBeans
August 23rd, 2017, 10:30 AM
I was at work during the eclipse but my coworkers and I took turns going out to view it with the eclipse glasses as it progressed, then when it was at its peak me and a bunch of my coworkers went outside and all looked at it together taking turns with the one pair of glasses we had to share. It was a really nice, sweet, experience, I will always remember it.

Just JT
August 23rd, 2017, 08:28 PM
From what I saw on the news. This was like a huge business stopping event. Like everyone stopped working and watched this thing happen.

It was quite cool, calm, soothing.
Got darker than usual, like was gunna rain, little cooler
Weird
Then the sun cam back out and was day light and summer activities again
But was a really cool different kinda day with something new in it

kyrocks03
August 24th, 2017, 07:36 AM
I watched it here and my mum got some pretty cool pictures of it. I can't figure out how to put them on here, seems you need a web page for them or something? Anyway it was about 75 percent where I'm at.

red04
August 24th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I got a partial eclipse and it was ok weather made it kind of dim but it dropped 7 degrees

mookie
August 26th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Think it was about 70% here. My friend's mom got us the glasses and we watched it from my deck, lasted a longer time than we thought it would and it was really awesome. I think there's another one in North America in 7 years that will be even closer to New England where I live. Have to save the glasses