PDA

View Full Version : tanner stage/late blooming

hellofellowteenagers
August 19th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Hey again. Been posting a lot recently due to jetlag, got lots of questions and nothing else to do.
Anyways.

How reliable is tanner stage? I figured I'm in stage 3-4 using the calculator but some of them I can't really answer because the options are too vague. I still have quite some room for growth tbh. I'm still visibly an adolescent for the most. Narrow shoulders, height, face, hair, voice is still moderate, etc. If I'm in stage 4 it says I'm finishing rapid growth? Which mostly sounds right except for the fact I haven't gone through any "rapid growth". (yet?) Maybe I won't go through a growth spurt after all. I know I've posted before about this but I'm still curious. Anyone else in a similar situation? Or have gone through the same thing? When did you go through a growth spurt? When is the latest for someone to go through a growth spurt? Height wise, I've been growing roughly an inch a year give or take since around 4 or so years ago, which is around when I started puberty. I was 5ft in 2012/13 and am 5'3 and maybe a bit more now. I wear s/xs clothing for the most. Small is usually still large on me.(sleeves are long, or too big.) I don't fit (but have to wear) the smallest adult pants. Usually too long, if not long still baggy and the waist is alright at 28/9. My dick hasn't changed much either IMO. I think I was around 5 in 2013/4 years ago. Definitely was 6 in 2015. 6.8 now. I think I started producing semen around two years ago. Any input? Sorry if it's repetitive but I'm really quite curious. Any other distinct markers to tell me where I'm at? Thanks

jamie_n5
August 19th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Tanner stage is just a guideline to give you an idea where you are at in puberty stages. We are all different and reach stages of puberty at different rates. So don't be too concerned where the Tanner Guide has you at. I am sure you are fine.

antimony
August 19th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Hey, don't feel worried at all about your tanner stage. At the end of the day, everyone grows and changes at a different pace. It's totally normal to be experiencing changes in a different order as well, which could be why you may not have had any rapid growth yet. :)

pjones
August 19th, 2017, 07:59 PM
I think the Tanner scale is a good indicator as long as you remember it's a scale and there are variables so we're all unique. You can still gradually get taller and fill out so don't be too concerned about that.

scott2002
August 20th, 2017, 02:30 PM
I think the Tanner Scale was designed just to give doctors a uniform way to objectively chart where a boy or girl currently is along the regular puberty development path. Kinda like taking your height and weight and comparing them to "normal" for a kid's age. And there is a lot of variability in "normal". (But I know in the showers, now at 15, I don't see anyone my age whose dick area still looks 11 or 12. But I DO see some guys who already look like they're 20!!)