PDA

View Full Version : No respect from older girls?

Riki323
August 19th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Hello there! This is my first post here.Let's start with the actual thread.

I'm a 14 year old musician that is usually hanging out with the older crowd (people that are older 2-4 years than me).I adapted to them and have the same mentality as them (more mature).The problem here is that some girls, which are literally only 1 to 2 years older than me, treat me as a 8 year old(by that i mean:take me unseriously and behave like i'm the 'kid' of the bunch).I play the bass pretty darn good if i may say and they still do that shit.I mean,they don't have to hit on me, but just to show some damn respect.What should I do? (these are girls that are 15-16, not older).

Flapjack
August 19th, 2017, 07:50 AM
During that age people develop fast so 1-2 years is a big game in terms of personality and maturity, no way I would be hanging around with 14 year olds when I was 16 and you can be the best bass player in the world, doesn't mean anyone has to automatically respect you.

Maybe by trying to act mature you come across looking childish?

If the girls are rude to you don't hang out with them buddy, find some people your own age!

lliam
August 19th, 2017, 12:12 PM
If it bothers you, just ignore them.

If it is important to you to be respected, you must earn their respect.

This is my opinion anyway. No one is automatically entitled to be respected. Nor should anyone expect this. Respect must be earned in any case.

The only thing someone can expect from any guys is a polite, perhaps slightly distanced, attitude towards you or each other individual.

jamie_n5
August 19th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Just keep being yourself. That is so true though of teen age groups. Some have their own little clicks too. Just keep trying to be part of the group and see what happens.

ska8er
August 19th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Y r u interested in them- pay them
attention or seek attention from them
if they r treating u like crap? Arent there
girls in ur age group that find a pretty good
bass player "hot"?

bojack
August 19th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Is it possible that you accidentally did something to make them dislike you without realizing it? If not, and they are just dismissing you because of you're age, I would just try to interact with them directly as little as possible. Like see them in a group setting but avoid engaging them one on one

Riki323
August 20th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Thanks for helping guys!

nebula
August 20th, 2017, 07:33 PM
As some of the posters said before when you're in your teens even 1 year age difference feels like many years apart, like it would feel so strange to spend time with people a couple years younger than me. They are a massive indicator of maturity and the girls may prejudge you and not see past your age.

Riley2015
August 20th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Boys need to be showing girls respect first, thats the important bit. Once we do that then maybe the girls will show us some back if we're lucky. But imho its more important that we show them respect regardless of whether they show us any or not.