PDA

View Full Version : I lied to an older guy about my age

teengirl01
August 19th, 2017, 01:26 AM
I lied to a 23 year old about my age. It started with a dating app. I wasn't looking to hook up with older men or anything. The app allowed you to see who swiped on you and how popular you are on the app. I just wanted to see how many would swipe on me and even play around with some guys without doing anything illegal like sending nudes. However, I started chatting with this guy, and I started to really like him, so I gave him my snapchat. I am 17 years old, but he thinks I'm 18 and in college. I turn 18 in 6 months. I can't go on a date with him because my parents are super strict and religious. What do I do?

Endeavour
August 19th, 2017, 03:17 AM
Puberty for Girls :arrow: Relationships and Dating

Emilyyy
August 19th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Well it's not really the end of the world like if you'd told him you were 3 or 4 years older than you really are. If you really like the guy and see it going places then I would just admit that you are really a little younger than you originally said, he might understand seeing as it's not really a huge difference. Explain to him that you really like him and you feel really bad lying to him and that you only put up a fake age to start with as you were worried people wouldn't like you otherwise or more likely, the app wouldn't let you sign up if you were under 18. Hope this helps chick x

mick01
August 19th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Just be honest with him. I think he needs to know your real age.

scott2002
August 19th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Just be honest with him. I think he needs to know your real age.
I really get upset with people who are not honest.

jamie_n5
August 19th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Like Mick01 said be honest. Tell him you really like him and would like to date him after you are 18. Tell him how your parents are and feel about that too.

BlueZebra
August 23rd, 2017, 10:06 PM
I agree with the above
But I really feel the need to say, please be careful! I have had a few friends who liked to date older guys and there have been too many close calls. So many guys in their early twenties think they can take advantage of high school ages teens ...
I'm not saying this is the case at all, I just want you to stay aware.

Just JT
August 24th, 2017, 06:04 AM
If age of consent where you live is 17 then why worry. It's legal to do whatever with whoever.
But be honest ok?
Nothing worst then being lied to. Even if just 6 months

Uniquemind
August 24th, 2017, 10:46 AM
If age of consent where you live is 17 then why worry. It's legal to do whatever with whoever.
But be honest ok?
Nothing worst then being lied to. Even if just 6 months

I think it's a case where 18 is the age of consent legally.

I'd wait it out, say you take things slow and that this isn't a hookup. But that other reasons like lack of financial independence hurts your datable status at the moment.

Even some 18 year olds have huge restrictions on them dating wise because of parent's financial dependence.