PDA

View Full Version : new school year

jennycakes
August 15th, 2017, 10:53 PM
With the new school year starting...which class are you excited to begin?

I have 2: AP American history and psychology. I have a love of history and I'm fascinated about the human mind.

nebula
August 16th, 2017, 02:12 AM
I'm moving up to year 12 or the 11th grade equivalent :D I'm doing a more advanced level of subjects after doing my compulsory level of maths, science, English, etc.

I'm glad to be doing chemistry, psychology and geography for the next 2 years. I'm mostly hyped about the Italy trip for geography though haha :sun:

lliam
August 16th, 2017, 05:32 AM
I'm starting 11th grade at a new school. This will be two years of great challenges. Not alone on an academic level. The new school is located about 7500 miles away from my home.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to the basic courses in arts, design / industrial design, which take place at a college.

Psychology is also one of the my main subjects. There are courses at my new school, but some courses take place at the college. There, the focus is more special ... it's called psychology in product design or so.

Can't wait to start.

Endeavour
August 16th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Next year I'll be studying geography, maths, French and computer science. I wouldn't have picked these to study if I wasn't looking forward to them :P.

But yeah, these subjects, in particular computer science, I've always had a passion for and am looking forward to learning more about them in greater depth.

Bull
August 16th, 2017, 07:31 AM
I think my property law class will be my favorite. A bit early to decide.

nebula
August 16th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Next year I'll be studying geography, maths, French and computer science. I wouldn't have picked these to study if I wasn't looking forward to them :P.

But yeah, these subjects, in particular computer science, I've always had a passion for and am looking forward to learning more about them in greater depth.

I was gonna do French too but I dropped it on a whim :P after all the stress I went through doing the speaking assessments I don't think I could do that again :lol:

JacobJ
August 16th, 2017, 11:33 AM
I'm going into grade 9, so moving into highschool. Kinda nervous about moving from middle school where I knew most people to a huge high school with 1400 kids.
Taking the normal classes... English, math honours, socials, pe, science, French, and the electives I chose were foods and woodwork. I love cooking!

Bull
August 16th, 2017, 11:47 AM
I'm going into grade 9, so moving into highschool. Kinda nervous about moving from middle school where I knew most people to a huge high school with 1400 kids.
Taking the normal classes... English, math honours, socials, pe, science, French, and the electives I chose were foods and woodwork. I love cooking!

Good luck in hs. I too like to cook, and eat! :lol: moving to the larger hs will be good prep for university. Mine has over 24,000 students. Yeah, I know very few of those not in my classes/clubs. But that's ok, friends are friends and you will soon have a collection of hs friends. Relax and enjoy newness.

Blank_
August 17th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Yesh history is awesome!!! :D I love history too, which is why I'm gonna major in it once I get to college (in about a week or two). So I guess any and all of my history classes is what I am excited for

Freckles
August 17th, 2017, 02:04 PM
I'm homeschooled and doing 12th grade. I'm preparing to go to college to become a meteorologist. I'll be taking Atmospheric Science, Astronomy, algebra 3, and journalism my first quarter.

Agent X
August 21st, 2017, 12:51 AM
I'm really looking forward to Macroeconomics, since I'm looking at a Business Administration major. It'll be my first core class for the business school, and I'm especially excited since it's night school with other executives, so there could be some career opportunities coming out of this class.

The Byrd
August 22nd, 2017, 06:57 AM
I'm going into sixth form doing English literature, Spanish and film studies. I'm excited about English and Spanish because I did them at GCSE and loved them both, which is why I picked them. However, I'm not really excited about film studies. I don't like films and the only reason I picked it was because it was one of the only subjects that didn't clash on the timetable with English and Spanish. I'm seriously considering changing it because it isn't even highly regarded by universities or anyone for that matter. Plus, it's a subject that all of the imbeciles will have picked because they think you just get to watch films.