PDA

View Full Version : North Korea backs down on Guam Missile Threat

Voice_Of_Unreason
August 15th, 2017, 09:50 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/15/kim-jong-un-appears-to-back-down-after-mattis-trump-warnings.html

Kim Jong Un appeared to blink first, with North Korean media reporting Tuesday the dictator had delayed a decision about whether to fire missiles toward Guam – a pronouncement that came hours after a particularly stark warning from Defense Secretary James Mattis promised further escalation would mean “game on.”

Kim Jong Un’s remarks came as he made his first public appearance in nearly two weeks, inspecting his army and examining missile plans, the official state media arm, KCNA, reported, according to Reuters. But the leader also tempered his recent fiery rhetoric, appearing to step back from the brink in an intensifying war of words between United States and North Korean leaders....

The latest uproar between Pyongyang and the rest of the world began following a stunning acceleration in North Korea’s nuke program. North Korea twice successfully tested an intercontinental ballistic missile in July, and dual reports last week – out of Japan and the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency – suggested North Korea had acquired the technology to miniaturize a nuclear weapon to fit on a missile. While Pyongyang still has hurdles to cross in developing a reliable nuclear ICBM delivery vehicle, the rogue regime’s rapid progress shocked the world.

Good thing, obviously. Possible war has been averted, though I doubt this will signal any end in NK hostilities and weapon development.

Sailor Mars
August 15th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Better than nothing. Now they just need to completely fuck off and stop hassling South Korea and testing ICBMs and were good

Dalcourt
August 15th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Good thing and it shows that obviously even Kim Jong Un has more sense than Trump and knows when to stop.

Let's hope tensions between the two Koreas lessen as it is just the ordinary people of both countries that suffer from all this nonsense.

mattsmith48
August 15th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Its a good thing, but don't imagine that this is over or that a war was avoided. This is only the start, there is still a long way to go.

Flapjack
August 15th, 2017, 12:27 PM
The US has put them in a position where they have to posses nukes or they'll be invaded, a disaster in foreign policy tbh!

I never believed that they would strike Guam, it would have meant war with the US and NATO and despite what they claim, they know they cannot win that war.

My only fear though is that both Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump have very fragile egos so a war could start by bruising their egos.

Voice_Of_Unreason
August 17th, 2017, 09:44 AM
It looks like everything is good so far, little rhetoric coming from North Korea over the last few days, and the South Koreans are re-iterating their commitment to a peaceful peninsula. However, I wouldn't be much suprised that this won't start back up again in a few months.

Nelli
August 23rd, 2017, 12:39 PM
This is kinda scary...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ugJZhL-cbc