PDA

View Full Version : Any other bi-curious people experience this?

Davestovies
August 14th, 2017, 07:32 PM
So I've been bi-curious for a while now (although I haven't been in a relationship for years) and it seems like I'm interested in both sexes in different ways. I'm interested in being in relationships with girls whereas I feel like I'm more interested in having a more friends with benefits sort of relationships with guys. I guess it's because I've been "straight" for most of my life and I haven;t had any relationships with guys. Anyone else experience this?

Elysium
August 14th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Kinda sounds like you're describing something along the lines of the split attraction model, which is the theory that people experience different kinds of attraction to others which don't always necessarily correspond. Most commonly distinguished are sexual and romantic attractions; for example, in my case, I'm biromantic but asexual, meaning I'm happy to date anyone of any gender but I experience no sexual attraction.

Not everyone thinks the split attraction model is fitting or appropriate, but I've found it applies to me nicely so I adhere by it in my own life. What you do is up to you, but you're certainly not the only one experiencing that kind of discordant attraction.

Bull
August 14th, 2017, 09:01 PM
So until I was 17 I had not done any experimenting with guys but had some pretty hot sessions with girls. Then that summer I became involved with a guy and found it to be very satisfying. Then dated only one girl for almost a year. Spent next two year living with a guy. Now I am dating both genders with zero desire to get into a relationship. For me it is just enjoying being with a person of interest and not worrying about gender.

mick01
August 15th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I have a sort of summer girlfriend. We are the beach now but live in different states so we'll have to separate at the end of the summer. Being with her and being sexually active with her seems totally natural to me. I also have a guy fwb and being with him also seems totally natural. So I think I'm in the same place as you. We all have different desires and situations so I would just follow your instincts as to what will make you the happiest.

Vegas2933
August 15th, 2017, 04:36 PM
I'm the same. I like girls in a romantic way, but boys in a sexual way.

bougainvillea
August 15th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Totally agree with the split attraction thing. There is a difference between romantic and sexual attraction and it's perfectly normal! Like personally I am romantically attracted to the same sex but I feel little to no sexual attraction towards anyone :) Many people actually feel like this, regardless of their sexual orientation! Obviously no two people are the same and everyone has differing romantic and sexual attractions and preferences so it makes each person even more unique :) Obviously they can fluctuate and change as you go through puberty or go through new relationship related circumstances so you may not always feel like this.

VirajD
September 3rd, 2017, 04:30 PM
Read below! Lol

Just JT
September 3rd, 2017, 05:42 PM
Lots more good advice here. I'll add that please do not hide yourself from yourself. You'll not be happy later on and I think you'll feel really conflicted if you do. Do what your instincts lead you to do, and enjoy your time with whoever makes you happy. If you need a name or a label then cool, find one. But in the end you don't need one. We're all sexual in some way to varying degrees. And anything on that spectrum is normal