PDA

View Full Version : First date ideas?

gherkin2pickle
August 14th, 2017, 12:29 AM
So, a couple days ago, my best friend (and my crush, frankly) asked me out on a date. This is the first time anyone has ever done something like this, so you can imagine I'm quite nervous. I said yes, and we hope to figure out a time and day to do something. What that something may be, I dunno yet. I don't think he does either, so, here's my question: What was your first (enjoyable) date? Any suggestions for us? I want this to go really well...

I had a couple of ideas. There's a small zoo located near me that we both love that could be good. But, we've both been there several times, so it isn't really something particularly special, if you catch my drift.

You may have heard from social media that a solar eclipse is coming in about a week. This might sound crazy, but... What if we watched it together as our first date? We both LOVE astronomy, and have been watching the Perseid meteor shower over the past few days. It's unconventional, and crazy, but I feel like it could be a pretty cool first date. Lemme know what you guys think ^.^ Thanks for the help! ❤️

devotionnel
August 14th, 2017, 12:35 AM
The solar eclipse sounds like a cool date! It's quirky and likely something the guy hasn't seen on a date. Be sure to take something such as a picnic or something like that to maybe set the mood and it makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable :) also be sure not to stare at the sun lol.

Or if that isn't an option, you can still do the picnic but in a nice calm spot like by a nice lake or stream. That was my first date with my now girlfriend and I absolutely adored it :)

NewLeafsFan
August 14th, 2017, 01:28 AM
Base your decision based on what you think your date would most enjoy. Movie, restaurant, hike somewhere, etc

gherkin2pickle
August 14th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Thank you both for the help :) I'll see him tomorrow at marching band practice, so I'll try and ask him what he thinks. We're both really socially awkward, so figuring this out is kind of tricky... I can only hope it gets better as we get comfortable with the idea of being somewhat romantically involved now. We've known each other for five years. It's a strange transition 😄 I'm trying to stay optimistic though.