PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a letter to my mum

jessica653
August 13th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Hi, I'm 14 and for years my parents' marriage has been extremely unstable and in the past few months things have taken a turn for the worse. I've spoken to my dad about how this affects me but I want to have the same conversation with my mum. The problem is she's extremely quick to anger and shames me for sympathising with both parents equally, although I know she cares really. Instead of talking to her, for fear of igniting her fury or being interrupted, I have decided to leave her a letter. I know exactly what I want to write but I can't think of how to open it. Help?

Just JT
August 13th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Hey mom,
Wanted to talk to you about some stuff. But sometimes it's hard to get all my thoughts out in an organized way that makes me feel like I've said all there is to say with out the conversation getting side tracked. So thought it would be best to do it like this....

Then say what you need to say. Just don't be judgemental or blaming anyone. Try and be middle of the road if you can. Don't wana piss off anyone more than they already are

Endeavour
August 13th, 2017, 12:40 PM
You know your mom, we don't. Because of this, I believe that only you can decide how you write your letter and what you put in it. I do recommend putting something along the lines of what JT has posted above, and that you just wanted to put all your thoughts together in one place on paper.

NewLeafsFan
August 14th, 2017, 01:17 AM
"Hi Mom,

You and dad's relationship clearly hasn't been going well for a while now. When you do eventually separate we will have to transition accordingly. It is very important that we know and understand how our roles as family members will change so that we can transition into our new life as easily as possible."

Try to give the letter a positive tone. Act as if your "new life" is something that you believe will be a good thing. If you are negative or start blaming anyone it will not go well.

jamie_n5
August 14th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I think Endeavour is absolutely right. You know both of your parents and we don't know them. You also say your mom is easily upset or quick to anger. This being said only you know what to say to her and how to phrase things. Just do your best and say what you have to and need to say. If she is at all adult she should be able to handle it and come and talk to you about it after reading your letter.