PDA

View Full Version : Places to go in summer

jessica653
August 13th, 2017, 03:54 AM
Hey, I'm a 14 year old in south east Britain. My parents openly admit that the reason that they're not taking me anywhere this summer is because of their failing relationship with each other (don't ask me how that links.) As I haven't left home with the exception of going on walks and visiting my grandparents down the road (who can't take me anywhere either due to their disabilities) throughout the entire first half of the holiday, I've decided enough is enough. I'm not in contact with any friends so if I do have a day out it would have to be alone, but I don't mind. Any ideas on what to do?
p.s. I know this doesn't really link to family and friends, but I couldn't find any forums on this site that would work.

bougainvillea
August 13th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Family and Friends :arrow: Mother Nature

maybe it suits a little bit better here. :)

Are there any nature/country parks near you? I know I have a few near me and they are really nice. Going through the trees and lakes on the route walks are so lovely and you get to be surrounded by nature. The best time to go is in summer when all the trees, birds and other nature is thriving. They can also hold little activities like sponsored walks.

Talking of sponsored walks, are there any charity events going on? You could help attend and support a good cause :) Maybe check a local town or county page and check for events they may be holding in the next couple of weeks. It could be anything from a fundraiser to a town boot sale.

To help past time you could also get a bit of money! Go to neighbours (or maybe your grandparents) and help do chores such as cutting grass or washing cars. Most people would be happy to let you do it if you ask for a bit of money :) It helps you get out of your house and interact with your neighbours and local community.

Flapjack
August 13th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Maybe fishing buddy?? I am sure there are plenty of places to fish near you and it is a nice thing to do when relaxing on your own!! Maybe go hiking if there is somewhere nice near you?? Maybe start a sport like swimming or boxing? That will also help you make new friends!!