PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!

DanF2000
August 11th, 2017, 04:36 AM
Just found this forum and thought I might as well join. I'm a 17 year old from the East Midlands, UK with diabetes and aspergers syndrome (both of which I've had from birth) I'm into things like Pokemon, Doctor Who, Marvel/DC (or general sci-fi/fantasy shows or movies) and have recently discovered live streams (more importantly, Poketuber live streams) which I join at least one weekly, sometimes daily.

I'm quite overweight and did spend 2 months 2 years ago in hospital where I almost died from huge blood sugar spikes and loss of all muscle. I still managed to do my GCSEs though, with 4 Cs and 2 Bs and waiting for my AS Level results next Thursday (so nervous!!) Will be doing a video games development course next year though so don't think I need to worry too much.

A few more things about me are that I lost my mother in September 2014 and one of my dogs exactly one year after so I'm currently living with my Dad and 2 younger, (kinda annoying) brothers. I like to spend most of my time either on Pokemon GO (without it, I'd never do 12000 steps a day for a week), shiny hunting/replaying pokemon games, on youtube or forums. I'm with scouts as an explorer (joined November 2015) and have only been on 7 camps in my life. Currently working at the Co-Op (UK supermarket chain) as a Customer Service Assistant. Since I have Aspergers, I've never really had friends, only beginning to make friends last year. So you could say I've never had a childhood... :(

Finally, a couple things I've never done in my life: Never said a swear word, never drunk alcohol (17 and a half years and plan to keep that growing), never smoked (and never plan to in my life!), only take a couple of medicinal drugs (metformin, desmopressin, hydrocortisone), never had a girlfriend or been out with someone, never held a girl's hand, never kissed, never hugged a girl, etc.

Anyways, if you've read this far, thank you and I hope I'll be welcomed into this forum! :D

Endeavour
August 11th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Welcome to VT! :sun:

nebula
August 11th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Welcome, I hope you'll enjoy your time here :)

Sailor Mars
August 11th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Welcome to VT :)

Jinglebottom
August 11th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Welcome to VT! :D

DanF2000
August 11th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Thanks!

Akksksosppapapwpee
August 11th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Welcome! Im new two but you seem like a cool dude