PDA

View Full Version : Locker Room Nudity

NewLeafsFan
August 10th, 2017, 10:50 PM
I'm 18 and I've always been a private person. It's very rare that another person sees me naked. I'm starting university in the fall and the gym and pool there has open change rooms and showers. Should I try them? Any advice? Anyone else uncomfortable naked?

Hockeystar2020
August 11th, 2017, 02:34 AM
Use them and after them first few times u will be fine and have no problem.

lliam
August 11th, 2017, 03:39 AM
Just've a look at everything there and then decide if you can get along with it or not. Can't say more, because I've never been such a private person like you.

But the tip of Michael, the Wise, is certainly a good advice. It is all a question of overcoming and habit.

Just the way you were raised to a private person when it comes to nudity. This private person thing you share with way more users of this forum as you can imagine. Sometimes I quietly feel pity for those users. Subconsciously, they were inoculated with shame, where shame isn't opportune at all.

It's your choice now.

mick01
August 11th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Cedrick, I agree with Michael. I was dreading the thought of being naked in front of a bunch of guys for swimming. If it works for you as it does with many others, after a couple times of being naked in front of others you'll see that it isn't bad at all. In fact, I'm perfectly comfortable with walking around naked.

Bull
August 11th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Growing up playing sports I got an early exposure to open changing/showering. No big deal. Won't take long to be comfortable naked.

niklas
August 11th, 2017, 10:41 AM
I've never really had an issue with being nude around other guys in the locker room or showers, but I totally understand that it can be more uncomfortable for others. I had a friend that was similar to you, he was ok with naked changing before he hit puberty and then he became ultra shy about, especially for PE at school. Initially he tried all sorts of ways to cover up when getting changed (like trying to do it under a towel and stuff like that). But it was awkward for him and honestly I told him it just drew more attention to him. So little by little he got used it; at first he'd face the locker, not look around at anyone and be quick about it, especially taking off his underwear (or when putting it back on). For the showers, he'd usually take his time getting ready so that he'd basically be the last one in, or he'd rush to be the first in and out. Eventually he got used to it and started to be more open when he realized that nobody really cared (even though most guys will look to check out the 'competition', and in that way, he was just as curious). I think he also realized that he was basically the same size as everyone else, not too small, not too big. Now he has no issues with it at all anymore.

ska8er
August 11th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Ur asking "should I try them". Unless u want
to work out in the gym or take part in a sport it
is not necessary to use the showers. I'm sure it
is not like high school where in some cases it is
mandatory to shower. If u r uncomfortable in
situations where u have to b or expected to b
naked in front of other guys then don't go there.
If u have to use the showers then go in there with
a towel wrapped around urself-shower-then leave
to the locker area with the same towel. After a few
times dressing or undressing and getting more open
with it-it wont matter.

Vegas2933
August 11th, 2017, 11:02 AM
There is no nudity in the locker rooms in my school, and if you strip even to your boxers you're branded "weird" and "gay". As for your situation, just follow everyone else's advice: use the nude rooms a couple of times, and if you're not fullly comfortable with it, seek an alternative.

Zachary G
August 11th, 2017, 03:13 PM
playing sports I got an early exposure to open changing/showering. No big deal. Just go in there and not think about it, just take care of your business and get out.

Jeff1857
August 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Once you are naked a bunch you get use to it. Everyone got the same parts and you realize it is no big deal at all.

jamie_n5
August 11th, 2017, 06:12 PM
I don't know what the big deal is with being so modest. I grew up with open showers and changing rooms at school the pool and the beaches. We all have different bodies and penis' and I always found it interesting and normal to change in front of others. I have never been modest and I find it cool when other guys check me out. We also live in a big lake and resort area. There are all kinds of small secluded lakes so I grew up from 6 to the present skinny dipping with others a lot. Just act normal when changing and treat it as no big deal and you will be fine.

pjones
August 11th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I'm 18 and I've always been a private person. It's very rare that another person sees me naked. I'm starting university in the fall and the gym and pool there has open change rooms and showers. Should I try them? Any advice? Anyone else uncomfortable naked?

It isn't easy for some people to change in front of others and there isn't anything wrong with that. I'm guessing that at your school you will have the choice as to where you change so you can find a solution that works best for you. There might be a stall you can use or even go back to your room and change in private. I'm sure you won't be the only person that isn't comfortable and being older I really doubt you'll be teased about it.

As the others have said it really isn't a life changing event to change clothes in a group or to be briefly naked with other guys, most of us are OK with it.

I'd recommend you take a deep breath and change in the locker room, it does get easier after a few times.

Good luck

rioo
August 11th, 2017, 07:42 PM
You can try standing showering near corner or facing the wall, then you will get slowly more comfortable.

Falcons_11
August 11th, 2017, 10:09 PM
There is nothing wrong about being modest around others. All of us have different feelings about our bodies. As for me I have not felt uncomfortable being naked in the school lockers, changing rooms or others places with other boys around me. Being naked isn't a big deal for me.

JohnC
August 12th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Getting naked in front of others in locker rooms can be difficult for some people. You don't have to walk around completely exposed. Keep your towel on as you go to the shower. And you don't have to stay in the shower for a super long time. You will get more comfortable as you do it. But I know it can be stressful especially in new situations where you don't really know your new teammates.

Rain Boy
August 12th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Getting naked in front of others in locker rooms can be difficult for some people. You don't have to walk around completely exposed. Keep your towel on as you go to the shower. And you don't have to stay in the shower for a super long time. You will get more comfortable as you do it. But I know it can be stressful especially in new situations where you don't really know your new teammates.

This is so true. When you wander from the locker to the showers (and vice versa), wrap your towel around you or hold it in front of you so your jewels aren't showing. The shower rooms themselves are pretty big, at least at uni, and there is no need to be standing right next to someone, or opposite them. An exception to that might be a time when you are with friends or acquaintances, in which case a dick's a dick and you are just accepted for whatever you have.

swimjoey1
August 12th, 2017, 11:31 AM
I been swimming since 7 and shower in open area. You get use to it.

Two.Cool.
August 12th, 2017, 11:39 AM
You will get used to it, or you can do it when it when you are horny or feeling sexy to feel less insecure

Gman22
August 13th, 2017, 01:48 AM
I'm 17 and in highschool I used to be the same way my freshmen year when I got to sophomore year I was going butt naked in front of them my junior year everyone followed and I soon realised I was almost bigger than most my friends lol give it a shot and if you don't like it then you don't have to do it

TWDjacob
August 13th, 2017, 08:06 PM
I'm the same way about being in a situation like you. maybe just try it a few times with a quick in and out and if you don't like it then don't do it

kro814
August 13th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Personally I am not very modest. I have been changing naked with other boys for many years since I have been to camps and sports. Here in our school we all change and shower every day so nudity is no big deal. My advice is to maybe undress facing the locker. The showers may take some getting used to but you will. I do no recommend changing under towels as other kids will notice and you will get teased.

In a few weeks you won't even know that you are naked.

I have been changing naked a very long time with other boys. So I am very used to it. But we all have the same parts.

I am sure it won't bother you after a few times.

Posts merged ~Endeavour

mookie
August 21st, 2017, 01:36 PM
Been changing and showering with boys and men at the Y for a few years, nobody cares

SethfromMI
August 21st, 2017, 08:14 PM
honestly man your going to find it is no big deal. your going to even do it enough to where you will get to the point and your not going to even think twice about it. relax. you're all there to get change and to get clean. you will see other guys naked and they will see you. the more you do it, the easier it becomes and it won't bother you

martinpajero
August 21st, 2017, 08:16 PM
you should definitely try them. i also get uncomfortable but i do my best to ignore it and have a good time.

jack2001
August 21st, 2017, 08:17 PM
i take showers with all the guys for cross country, and its a little awkward at first but you will get used to it after a few days

Kyle37
August 22nd, 2017, 10:14 AM
I was the same as you before uni where I was private and to myself in regard to changing and showering in public, but slowly opened up. I would definitely recommend showering naked and not hassling yourself too much about keeping modest when changing. The challenge for me was mainly mental and trying not to get a boner. The main advice I would give would be to think about it that much and accept is as a normal practice, that is in fact more normal than any other method of showering/changing

beachdude
August 23rd, 2017, 08:29 PM
Having gone to sleep away camp since like 11 where everyone uses communal showers, I guess I've never been all that modest. For or and cross country, everyone showers together so no one get to shy. I know that the first few times may be awkward but after a few times, you will get used to it. Remember most people were uncomfortable the first time the were naked in front of a group, it's okay to feel a bit embarrassed at first, most everyone has felt the same way at times

Chaosphere
August 24th, 2017, 01:34 AM
Use them and after them first few times u will be fine and have no problem.
It just takes a bit to get used to. I'm completely okay with other people seeing me naked, it's not really a big deal. Still, if you aren't comfortable, you don't have to do it.

kyran.gough14
August 25th, 2017, 12:23 AM

trust me i am extremely uncomfortable with it, i dont let anyone see me naked. no kne has seen me naked since i was like 3 years old lol. but if i were you just look down, ignore everyone, and put a towel around you. that usually helps a little bit but not much for me

hudson19
September 3rd, 2017, 05:04 PM
Try them! Once you go enough you get used to it. Just pay attention to what people do - doesn't mean you have to follow the crowd, but it will give you an idea of what the norm is especially if you go to a more conservative school for example. I walk around nude every time I'm in a locker room to go to the scale and weigh myself (I'm a distance runner and keep close tabs on my race weight) but some people change under a towel. Just do what makes you comfortable

SeansLittleBro
September 4th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Ur asking "should I try them". Unless u want
to work out in the gym or take part in a sport it
is not necessary to use the showers. I'm sure it
is not like high school where in some cases it is
mandatory to shower. If u r uncomfortable in
situations where u have to b or expected to b
naked in front of other guys then don't go there.
If u have to use the showers then go in there with
a towel wrapped around urself-shower-then leave
to the locker area with the same towel. After a few
times dressing or undressing and getting more open
with it-it wont matter.

Great response. I agree if you are uncomfortable then there are ways to still participate and keep you privacy. I grew up as a swimmer and used to open showers and besides those speedos don't hide much so I'm comfortable being in those situations. If you're not don't put yourself into them.

Deivis
September 15th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Every one knows what's down there... being shy is ok but nobody really care

beachdude
September 15th, 2017, 01:52 PM
I guess I've never been especially modest. Went camping and swimming with the Boy Scouts since I was 11 and after a while, no one worries about modesty

Brandon-19Bi
September 15th, 2017, 10:44 PM
I think of it this way, if someone's wants to see me naked or is seeing me naked, I only hope they grab something next :P doesn't bother me if someone sees me naked either

Snowrider
September 15th, 2017, 11:48 PM
If I were you I'd try them because it is an opportunity. The first time I did, I was nervous as hell but all the other boys were too. It will become natural the more you do it. Sounds crazy at first, but will be totally natural after a couple of times and you're not the only one worrying about it-trust me.

jacktin99
September 16th, 2017, 02:12 AM
I wouldn't do anything that you are uncomfortable with. When we showered in school, there were showers and everyone was okay with it after showering the first time. Maybe try it and see if you're cool with it. If not, then you know it's not for you.

Kaler100
September 16th, 2017, 05:56 PM
it's not necessary to take a shower there.
but you can try them also

noah.whynot
September 16th, 2017, 06:46 PM
I'm okay with being naked around other guys. I've shared bedrooms with others for a long time so you get used to getting changed and stuff like that. I also love swimming and so I'm used to getting changed and showered naked there too. Not sure what advice to give you other than maybe try to get used to it little by little, the more you do it the more likely you'll end up feeling comfortable with it.

klfjgmb
September 23rd, 2017, 01:53 PM
I don't blame you for feeling awkward - I don't know if I ever feel great about stripping in front of people. But if you're 18 and stuff, people should be a little more mature hopefully. Everybody in there is just trying to do their thing just like you and get on with their workout, or I would think most are.

Plus - unlike school PE where you gotta see those guys everyday, there's a good chance you might not see the same people in there again, or rarely, so why worry about it.

I'd rather bite the bullet to get naked so I can put on the right clothes to work out and get a good shower after.

kyle2003
September 23rd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Try it. You will likely get used to it.

Jake445
September 24th, 2017, 04:28 PM
So I had to change for school swim classes since fifth grade and I've gotten used to it. We have open changing rooms and showers. But, as I share a room with my sister, I never had that huge amount of privacy and I was used to change in view of others.

Hardcatch
September 25th, 2017, 01:51 AM
Unlike HS where some guys can be jerks, College guys from my experience are much more adult. The bigger deal you go about changing, the more noticeable you will be. Just go in, find a locker, change as if you were at home, shut your locker and go. AFter the first few times you wont even notice. I never had a problem changing around other dudes.

BoyOBoy
September 25th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Just enjoy it

messid
September 25th, 2017, 06:43 PM
just do it man!! its easier when you dont know anybody...but im tiiiiny down there and even i shower change in open showers for sports...adults dont care what you look like only high schoolers do (when i go to public pools nobody even looks my way or says anything about my size). good luck!!

Alpha-1
September 26th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Ya. Go for it. I dont see what the big deal is. At my school no one stripped to shower. Im guessing they were worries about phone cams

heymynameis
October 4th, 2017, 02:54 PM
i am never to worried about it. if you try it you will get used to it. i see people looking at me (especially younger ones) but i just ignore it

scott2002
October 4th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Just one piece of advice: When around other naked guys, ALWAYS look directly at the EYES when talking to them. (At least for me, it's obvious when talking with another guy in the shower when his eyes are taking quick peeks "down below", for whatever reason. Maybe he likes what he sees, or is checking to see if mine is bigger or smaller than his. But it's obvious when they take quick looks like that.

xXCaptainteemoXx
October 5th, 2017, 02:33 PM

I was the same way as you before going to Japan. If you don't know about onsen culture in Japan it's basically a huge public bath that lots of Japanese people like going to. I get very uncomfortable when other people see me naked because I'm naturally a really shy guy, but I convinced myself to go to the public bath because it was an experience I didn't want to miss out on. Being naked around other people is not as bad as you think it is. Nobody stares, nobody makes things awkward, nobody makes fun of you (I can speak a little Japanese so I could tell if they were talking about me), and no one tries to make you feel bad. Don't be nervous to go if you really want to.

tyler1904
October 9th, 2017, 12:52 AM
When I first started high school I was nervous about this too you just gonna Realize everyone feels the same way

adtse
October 18th, 2017, 05:01 PM
It is not weird to be naked in the changing room where other people go naked in.

Whenever i go to the pool, I usually try to avoid showing my privates if I can since most of the people there are kids younger than me and I have pubic hair.

matt1
October 19th, 2017, 08:36 AM
It's just a part of your body, society has made us self conscious about it but everyone in the locker room has the same stuff down there, you'll get used to it really fast

jms2000
October 19th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Just one piece of advice: When around other naked guys, ALWAYS look directly at the EYES when talking to them. (At least for me, it's obvious when talking with another guy in the shower when his eyes are taking quick peeks "down below", for whatever reason. Maybe he likes what he sees, or is checking to see if mine is bigger or smaller than his. But it's obvious when they take quick looks like that.

That is true, when people keep glancing down it makes it a lot more obvious that there looking at something they like or their comparing or whatever, whereas if youíre looking the dude straight in the eye then there should be no bother. Personally where I live our schools donít have showers but Iíve been in open ones in public in the past and itís definately best just to look the guy in the eye

thatrandomguy01
October 20th, 2017, 12:47 AM
I've also always been a shy person as well, as long as I can remember since I was a little kid I was always really shy. Few people have seen me naked as well. Only a very few close friends have seen me even partially naked.

varun.karma
October 20th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Usually i would like just pretend I don't notice but glance down a couple of times. Sometimes if the guys in the locker room are like pals of mine, I might just credit them and give them compliments about their size as they compliment me. Its usually nothing too weird or awkward. We're all guys here so usually its fine. But if you get hard then its really weird lmao.

EthanK
October 22nd, 2017, 07:06 AM
Be confident

texan
March 29th, 2018, 11:50 PM
Those guys are comfortable with nudity, I promise.
Iím a swimmer and weíll just hang around nude in the locker room all the time, and Iím sure other teams are just as comfortable with seeing others change. You have nothing to worry about

jwags808
April 22nd, 2018, 10:08 PM
You should try it dude, nobody is gonna look at you unless you really try to show off. If you just do what you gotta do in there you should be fine