PDA

View Full Version : Ingrown hairs

Maurice998
August 9th, 2017, 05:45 AM
For you guys and girls that shave your pubes completely, how do you stop yourself from getting ingrown hairs. I shaved so I was smooth but within a week I have about 100000000 ingrown hairs. What should I do to stop that from happening again and what should I do now. Should I leave it or should I like dig them out but not pull them out completely (idk what the proper term is but who cares).

Mars
August 9th, 2017, 09:08 AM
What I do when I thread my legs to prevent ingrown hairs is use Tend skin. It's a liquid that you rub on after shaving or threading or waxing, and the day after to help prevent in grown hairs. While shaving though, some things you can do is you can apply cold water or a cold wash cloth to the area after your finished. I'm pretty sure this helps close the pores and so the hair doesn't bend back into it.

As for what you can do now, there's a couple different methods. Most commonly, people will dig it out. However, if you do it this way please be careful. Get some tweezers and gently tease the hair out, as to not damage your skin too much. Another way is exfoliating. Every day, maybe about twice a day, scrub at the skin gently to remove the dead skin and overgrown skin in the area. Again, be gentle as to not hurt yourself or damage the skin.

jamie_n5
August 9th, 2017, 02:17 PM
I think Mars did an awesome job describing what you can do to help your problem. You should benefit a lot if you follow his advice.

Chaosphere
August 10th, 2017, 04:49 AM
For you guys and girls that shave your pubes completely, how do you stop yourself from getting ingrown hairs. I shaved so I was smooth but within a week I have about 100000000 ingrown hairs. What should I do to stop that from happening again and what should I do now. Should I leave it or should I like dig them out but not pull them out completely (idk what the proper term is but who cares).
Yeah, Mars kicked ass with that explanation. I use that chilly water technique after I shave. If a hair is refusing to resolve itself, then as you say, "dig it out." However, if there's any pain or blood, don't bother, it's got a simple solution. Give your body more time. The hair will approach the surface and will be easy to remedy. Also use a hot wet towel, it'll open your pores if you're trying to right hairs. The ingrown hairs and irritation will gradually become less cumbersome as your skin gets used to being shaved.

Maurice998
August 10th, 2017, 06:38 AM
What I do when I thread my legs to prevent ingrown hairs is use Tend skin. It's a liquid that you rub on after shaving or threading or waxing, and the day after to help prevent in grown hairs. While shaving though, some things you can do is you can apply cold water or a cold wash cloth to the area after your finished. I'm pretty sure this helps close the pores and so the hair doesn't bend back into it.

As for what you can do now, there's a couple different methods. Most commonly, people will dig it out. However, if you do it this way please be careful. Get some tweezers and gently tease the hair out, as to not damage your skin too much. Another way is exfoliating. Every day, maybe about twice a day, scrub at the skin gently to remove the dead skin and overgrown skin in the area. Again, be gentle as to not hurt yourself or damage the skin.

Thanks man this really helped. I tried the tweezers and it really help. Next time I shave I will try the cold water. Once again thanks.