PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

BillyyB
August 8th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Okay, so basically I have a Saturday Job, both myself and this girl started at the same time, we're the same age, we get along so much and I've gathered feelings for her, and its obvious as even my supervisor mentions it, I think she likes me back as she does like heart signals with her hand, hugs me sometimes etc. and we text basically on a daily basis, but I don't know.

I don't want to try and ask her out incase she says no, and then that'll be awkward for when we work every time... What do I do? And have you had something similar? I've never actually had a girlfriend before so... (we're both 17 btw)

Bull
August 8th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Hey man, nothing ventured noting gained. Just ask her if she wants to hang out after work. That is a non threating way of checking out interest. Man she is sending all kinds of positive signals so just do it.

Nadel
August 8th, 2017, 10:12 AM
I do agree with the Bull. You should ask her if she wants to hang out with you and you will see her reaction. To be honest It looks like she is interested in you, atleast from what you wrote. You said you chat with her on daily basis soo I guess if she didnīt like you then she wouldnīt pay much attention to your messages..

mick01
August 8th, 2017, 10:18 AM
I really wouldn't know what to do here. It would be great if she liked you too and then you started going out or dating. But what happens if after a little bit, one of you decides you don't like the other? What happens then with working together? It seems like it would be kind of awkward and uncomfortable.

bojack
August 8th, 2017, 02:33 PM
A lot of people won't date coworkers for this very reason. The potential awkwardness after breaking up would just be too much for some people. But if you do think you could deal with that and want to ask her out, the only way to move forward is to just ask her

Chaosphere
August 10th, 2017, 04:06 AM
Okay, so basically I have a Saturday Job, both myself and this girl started at the same time, we're the same age, we get along so much and I've gathered feelings for her, and its obvious as even my supervisor mentions it, I think she likes me back as she does like heart signals with her hand, hugs me sometimes etc. and we text basically on a daily basis, but I don't know.

I don't want to try and ask her out incase she says no, and then that'll be awkward for when we work every time... What do I do? And have you had something similar? I've never actually had a girlfriend before so... (we're both 17 btw)
Yeah, I never had a girlfriend before 17 either. She's sending positive messages. I would go for it. Regrets that really last are formed from the negative space of something not done, rather than something someone tried and failed. Ask her to hang out after work or when you get a schedule opening. Go for somewhere public first, so she doesn't feel threatened or like you're going too fast. Just help her feel safe and comfortable, and no one will get hurt, whether or not she enters a relationship with you. I'd say you have a good chance, just have some fun with it! Confidence is a big assistant to you. Be cavalier and enjoy the process.

NewLeafsFan
August 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Ask her out! Don't do it at work as this will make it more awkward if she says no.

At some point you will have to get over the fear of asking girls out. No time like the present. When you take a risk, sometimes good things happen and other times bad things happen. If you don't take a risk, nothing happens. Nothing being you and this girl just continue to like each other.

jamie_n5
August 22nd, 2017, 05:17 PM
If you like her and she seems to like you there is no reason that you shouldn't ask her out. You need to take some chances in life. Who knows she may be the dream girl of your life. So go ahead and take the step and ask her out.

SethfromMI
August 22nd, 2017, 08:55 PM
I mean you either have to ask her out and see what happens or don't and try to live with the what ifs

Just JT
August 22nd, 2017, 09:09 PM
Maybe you feel you like her but also don't really know each other yet. Maybe your little head is thinking to much for your big head

Maybe just ask her to grad a coffee or something and just get to know her first and see where that goes.