PDA

View Full Version : Got rid of all my toxic friends. Now i have no friends.

Shouetsu
August 7th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Y'know, maybe i was a bit of a perfectionist and couldn't see past some of our differences, but being friends with someone that you honestly wouldn't call your friend is pure torture. Pretending to be friends while both of you really know deep inside you're not.

Sigh... this really sucks. When with your friends, you knew exactly who you are. Even though it was frustrating, you still had you, yourself. Your personality. And now?

I seriously need some help... What do i do? Friendships that I have developed over the years... gone.. I don't know what to do now.

Word of advice to you guys, growing up is hard. Yeah, i might be a wuss for saying that, but at least I'm honest.

Drewboyy
August 7th, 2017, 07:47 PM
I have a bunch of friends who really aren't pleasant to be with and it's very rare I 'get rid of' any. But now that you have, and you are feeling empty, then finding new friends who aren't 'toxic' seems to make the most sense.

ska8er
August 10th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Growing up is hard for everyone in one
way or another. I have good friends and
I have people who r just acquaintances.
Ur best bet is to try and make new friends
and then those who don't treat u as friendly
will b past tense. To make new friends u have
to b a friend and in some ways u have to give
in a little no matter what kind of imperfections
they may have or u may think they have as long
as no one takes advantage of u.

PlasmaHam
August 12th, 2017, 08:15 PM
As the old saying goes, having one good friend is better than having 50 bad ones. And the same still applies even for no friends. It is better to be alone than to be surrounded by bad influences.

Just JT
August 12th, 2017, 08:31 PM
@sk8ter is right. Being friends or aquanintnces is different. Fiends are friends, close, trusting, you know where you stand with them. Acuintences, even team mates or classmates or coworkers may not be friends. But you need to get along and do some stuff with them. ANd from there you may meet new friends

By getting rid of "friends" only put us a wall between you and your ability to make new friends. After all, we should all be more accepting to home othe people are. They are people and have feelings etc. and human contact, even if not a "friendship" is still human contact. We all need it.