PDA

View Full Version : Condom testing

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Hi all,

I'm getting close with my gf and I wanted to test using condoms. So I bought some durex ones yesterday and tried them on my own, weird right. Tried both 53mm and 56mm ones. They both sort of bunched a little at the sides, the 56mm one was worse but they both moved around a bit and I'd describe it as making a kind of rustling noise haha. Is that what you'd normally experience?? The 53mm one stayed on better than the 56mm.

Any advice appreciated

Romulus_
August 7th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Never used one before but I am fairly certain that they are supposed to wrap around firmly without any movement. Otherwise it might slip off! And that would certainly be no good haha

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess I'll try some other ones?

Romulus_
August 7th, 2017, 09:31 AM
I think that's a good idea, but don't get ones that are too tight or else you can injure yourself

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Haha where can I get tighter ones? What do you recommend??

I don't want small ones though coz I think I'm average size

I'm in the uk by btw

Posts merged, please edit next time instead of posting again. ~Endeavour

Vermilion
August 7th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Haha where can I get tighter ones? What do you recommend??

I don't want small ones though coz I think I'm average size

I'm in the uk by btw

Posts merged, please edit next time instead of posting again. ~Endeavour

Try boots or even a supermarket

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Thanks it's just they all seem to be 53mm-56mm in boots and supermarkets. I need somewhere that does a bigger range. Or maybe the 53mm ones are ok?

Vermilion
August 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Thanks it's just they all seem to be 53mm-56mm in boots and supermarkets. I need somewhere that does a bigger range. Or maybe the 53mm ones are ok?

They are meant to be reasonably tight. If it slides off then it's a problem if it stays on then it's fine. You want to be comfortable

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 10:31 AM
They are meant to be reasonably tight. If it slides off then it's a problem if it stays on then it's fine. You want to be comfortable

Yeah when I tried 53mm and 56mm they both moved around quite a lot and weren't really that tight. That's why I came here for advice about whether that was ok or whether I need to find other ones? And where I can get other ones from?

I don't want smaller though just tighter.

Vermilion
August 7th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Yeah when I tried 53mm and 56mm they both moved around quite a lot and weren't really that tight. That's why I came here for advice about whether that was ok or whether I need to find other ones? And where I can get other ones from?

So you are after smaller ones right ? I would probably look online or go to a proper pharmacy

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Not smaller just tighter.

Vermilion
August 7th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Not smaller just tighter.

For tighter I would imagine you need a smaller size. It shouldn't effect the length cos normal size are more than enough in length for a average guy

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 10:45 AM
For tighter I would imagine you need a smaller size. It shouldn't effect the length cos normal size are more than enough in length for a average guy

Ok thanks I'll see what I can find online. Just not quite sure what size I'm looking for haha and it's a bit awkward coz I'd rather buy them in the shops

Vermilion
August 7th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Ok thanks I'll see what I can find online. Just not quite sure what size I'm looking for haha and it's a bit awkward coz I'd rather buy them in the shops

Best of luck

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Yeah thanks for your advice!

gersu1322
August 7th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Try to measure first your penis diameter and then look for the ones which fit in the measurement.

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Try to measure first your penis diameter and then look for the ones which fit in the measurement.

Um. Ok. Well I measured it all the way around it and it's about 4-4.2 inches. Is that what you meant?? What size condom is that? All a bit confusing!

gersu1322
August 7th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Um. Ok. Well I measured it all the way around it and it's about 4-4.2 inches. Is that what you meant?? What size condom is that? All a bit confusing!
That is the circumference, not the diameter. Try to measure the diameter and translate it to millimeters. The result would be around 50 millimeters.

Bobby_04
August 7th, 2017, 11:36 AM

I thought condoms were a one size fit all you just roll it on there

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Ok so I measured across it and it was about 35mm. Is that right??

Nax32
August 7th, 2017, 03:25 PM
If you are only 4 inches around, you are slightly below sverage so you might want to try some small condoms. You have to buy them based of your girth rather than length. So even if you have an average penis length, if you have beloe average girth you need to try smaller sizes.

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 05:22 PM
If you are only 4 inches around, you are slightly below sverage so you might want to try some small condoms. You have to buy them based of your girth rather than length. So even if you have an average penis length, if you have beloe average girth you need to try smaller sizes.

Ok thanks, that's helpful I think haha. Do you know any ones that might fit me from uk shops and do you know what size roughly I should be looking for? Do you agree that the 53mm ones are too big or is that a small one? Thanks so much

Nax32
August 7th, 2017, 07:11 PM
I would recommend something around 45mm for you.

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Perfect thank you

Nax32
August 7th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Your very welcome. Have fun!

Benr123456
August 7th, 2017, 07:18 PM
I would recommend something around 45mm for you.

I can only find ones that are 49mm. Do you think that will be ok?

jamie_n5
August 7th, 2017, 07:39 PM
The condom that you described way earlier, I believe it was 53mm, should work. You said that fit snug. That should be good or you could go down to 50mm to be sure I guess. I have never seen sizes here in USA except regular and magnum condoms. I have always used the regular ones and they fit fine.

Collins1
August 7th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I found Durex Extra Protection was a lot looser than I would have liked but has done the job so far, I have moved to Durex Intimate Feel now tho which fit and feels a lot better (tighter). If you do try anal I recommend thicker ones though (Extra Protection)! Probably used around 20+ so far with no problems!

Also I have no idea on the measurements; I just got them from Amazon!

Posts merged, please edit next time. ~Endeavour

Niceguy17
August 8th, 2017, 12:33 AM
They definitely make smaller condoms for smaller sized penises. When you shop for condoms, always know that you are shopping for the girth, the size around your penis, not the length, your girth is usually always going to be less than your length of your penis. Also be careful that you are not allergic to latex. Some people have latex allergies, so if you use a latex condom without knowing you could develop a rash. You could always ask your doctor for advice as well.

Benr123456
August 8th, 2017, 05:12 AM
Pretty sure I don't have any allergies. I'm just struggling to find 45mm size anywhere.

The condom that you described way earlier, I believe it was 53mm, should work. You said that fit snug. That should be good or you could go down to 50mm to be sure I guess. I have never seen sizes here in USA except regular and magnum condoms. I have always used the regular ones and they fit fine.

Do you know what your circumference is?? Like what it measures all the way around it? Hopefully we are the same size!

Posts merged, please edit next time. ~Endeavour

kyrocks03
August 8th, 2017, 06:39 AM
Get durex snugger fit and you'll be fine.

scott2002
August 8th, 2017, 06:52 AM
I guess I'm dumb, I didn't know they came in sizes. (I've never had sex yet, and I've never used one or had one on yet.) I went to the Durex website and I couldn't find anything that mentioned different sizes. Are the packages marked? (I'd be embarrassed to go to the store and stand there and read all the boxes!)

Benr123456
August 8th, 2017, 06:54 AM
I guess I'm dumb, I didn't know they came in sizes. (I've never had sex yet, and I've never used one or had one on yet.) I went to the Durex website and I couldn't find anything that mentioned different sizes. Are the packages marked? (I'd be embarrassed to go to the store and stand there and read all the boxes!)

Haha yeah I know right. I think you have to look for something called nominal width which seems to be the size although I don't really understand it tbh definitely try some as they are all different sizes

Nax32
August 8th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Try this. Put your penis size into this website snd it will show you the right condom for you. It will also show a nominal width so you can find a condom that fits you. https://www.theyfit.co.uk

Benr123456
August 8th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Try this. Put your penis size into this website snd it will show you the right condom for you. It will also show a nominal width so you can find a condom that fits you. https://www.theyfit.co.uk

All it says is I need b55 for a tight fit, b66 for a normal fit?? Do I want tight or normal???

jack2001
August 8th, 2017, 06:31 PM
All it says is I need b55 for a tight fit, b66 for a normal fit?? Do I want tight or normal???
you want to go for a normal fit so it doesnt tear. just make sure its not to tight

Benr123456
August 8th, 2017, 06:33 PM
I really want to be able to just wear regular size though.

martinpajero
August 9th, 2017, 09:25 AM
They're too wide for you man

Benr123456
August 9th, 2017, 09:27 AM
They're too wide for you man

I just don't think I'm that far from average girth. It feels wrong.

martinpajero
August 9th, 2017, 10:16 AM
I just don't think I'm that far from average girth. It feels wrong.

You could try another brand. Normal sized.

Benr123456
August 9th, 2017, 10:17 AM
You could try another brand. Normal sized.

Yeah it just seems they are all nominal width of 53-56mm and people on here said it wouldn't be safe to wear those ones.

And that 45mm would be better?

martinpajero
August 9th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Yeah it just seems they are all nominal width of 53-56mm and people on here said it wouldn't be safe to wear those ones.

If they don't fit you properly, then they're definitely not safe to wear.

Benr123456
August 9th, 2017, 10:24 AM
If they don't fit you properly, then they're definitely not safe to wear.

I think the 53mm one might stay on if I was really careful.

martinpajero
August 9th, 2017, 10:29 AM
I think the 53mm one might stay on if I was really careful.

You need to be 100% sure, you can't risk this stuff.

Benr123456
August 9th, 2017, 10:36 AM
You need to be 100% sure, you can't risk this stuff.

Do you agree 45mm is right? I'm 4-4.2 inch girth. Is it really that far from average? Only 45mm ones I've found are called Ceylor hotshots. Can't find any others that size.

martinpajero
August 9th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Do you agree 45mm is right? I'm 4-4.2 inch girth. Is it really that far from average? Only 45mm ones I've found are called Ceylor hotshots. Can't find any others that size.

I wouldn't know what's the best size for you man, you just need to try for yourself. A good way of doing that is masturbating with them. You like to jack off?

Benr123456
August 9th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't know what's the best size for you man, you just need to try for yourself. A good way of doing that is masturbating with them. You like to jack off?

Haha obviously yeah lol

Nax32
August 9th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Ben, to put it in perspective, Trojan Magnums have a nominal width of 54mm, and they are designed for very girthy men. The average girth is around 4.75, so that means you need condoms that are on the smaller side of the spectrum. I don't see how a 53mm condom will be safe for you to use.

martinpajero
August 9th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Haha obviously yeah lol

Well you could try the new ones like that then. I've done it many times, it feels really nice to do it with a condom. If anything, it's a good excuse to jack off lol.

zack.zack
August 9th, 2017, 01:17 PM

Yeah, you want it to fit snug so it doesnt slide around or off while you are having sex, but you also want it to be comfortable, too.

Benr123456
August 9th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Ben, to put it in perspective, Trojan Magnums have a nominal width of 54mm, and they are designed for very girthy men. The average girth is around 4.75, so that means you need condoms that are on the smaller side of the spectrum. I don't see how a 53mm condom will be safe for you to use.

Thanks, that makes sense.

NewLeafsFan
August 9th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Have you ever wondered why stores don't offer condom fittings as a service? It's because buying condoms really isn't that complicated. If you buy condoms that are too big do NOT use them as they won't be effective and buy smaller ones.

Benr123456
August 12th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Have you ever wondered why stores don't offer condom fittings as a service? It's because buying condoms really isn't that complicated. If you buy condoms that are too big do NOT use them as they won't be effective and buy smaller ones.

Um... ok? Slightly bizarre comment! Thanks 😂😂😂

Two.Cool.
August 12th, 2017, 11:47 AM
They should be snug around your dick but not too tight to the point where they constrict blood flow, etc

TWDjacob
August 13th, 2017, 08:17 PM
its not weird at all that you tried them on before by yourself, its smart because then you know if the size it good and your comfortable with putting one on. after reading about your situation i would try using a condom called snugger fit

Benr123456
August 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM
So we tried last night and I used some durex extra safe ones. They were ok although we had to stop at one point when it came loose a bit. I've managed to buy some others that are called ceylor hotshots which might be a bit smaller and maybe better to use? They are hard to find though!