PDA

View Full Version : I hurt myself in my dreams

Dalcourt
August 6th, 2017, 11:34 PM
I haven't self-harmed for quite a while and I have been good. Sure it's getting hard to stay away from it now and then but overall I hardly have any urges.

What unsettles me is that for some time now I have been dreaming about hurting myself. I see blood and cuts on my body which is weird since I usually don't cut but rather burn myself or anything.

I used to have dreams about fighting with certain people or hurting them when I'm stressed and I bottled it up so not to fight with them or hurt them in real life.
So I'm kinda worried. I don't wanna start hurting myself again but what are this dreams if not a clear sign that I will have to find a way of getting out all this pressure?

I prepare for school, work two jobs, have my family troubles, trouble in my relationship and with my pets...it's a lot and usually I would have lashed out loud get ago but I haven't done so till now.

Then the dreaming started and got more and more intense everyday. Am really starting to worry.

Amethyst Rose
August 8th, 2017, 01:14 AM
Peanut_

I have had a similar experience, but rather than having a bad impact on me it did some good, so maybe relating it to you will be of some help.

Before my last relapse it had been a while since I self harmed and the urges were practically nonexistent up until the 4-week mark or somewhere near that time. I then started getting bad urges again but didn't act on them. Then, I had a dream sort of like you described in which there was blood on my body. Although I don't remember actually cutting in the dream, I could tell that I had. When I woke up, I was surprised because I searched and searched and couldn't find a wound, yet I still felt that temporary satisfaction. Mentally I felt like my urges had been satisfied, and I was completely fine even days later. It potentially saved me from a relapse. I think our subconscious manifests these dreams as an outlet for negative emotions, which is better than hurting yourself/others.

Dalcourt
August 9th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Amethyst Rose

There is nothing positive in this. It's just a manifestation that my mind doesn't even get to rest while I sleep.
It's a foreshadowing of bad things to come...

It showed the relapse coming on and I know even worse will follow.