PDA

View Full Version : I'm panicking

olliegirl13211
August 6th, 2017, 11:19 PM
I honestly didnt know where to post this so I thought I would try here. It's currently 12:15 and I'm panicking. My chest has been hurting for about half an hour and my back has been hit with pain every couple minutes. I'm pretty sure i'm not having a heart attack but of course I had to look up symptoms of heart attacks and now I'm kind of panicking. I don't want to wake up my parents because it's probably heart burn but I need some help. I'm trying to calm down but I feel like i'm on the verge of tears.

Sere
August 6th, 2017, 11:40 PM
It's probably not a heart attack but do you think you've done anything that could have triggered this??? If it gets worse you REALLY need to tell someone most likely being your parents...

olliegirl13211

olliegirl13211
August 6th, 2017, 11:45 PM
The pain has pretty much been the same since it started. I took some medicine for heart burn but nothing has really changed. I had some spicy food for dinner but that's all I can really think of. The pain basically came out of nowhere. I've calmed down a bit and I'm really tired but I'm kind of afraid to go to sleep.

Sere
August 6th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Try drinking water and maybe eating something. You can probably sleep if the pain goes down a little and maybe take an Advil or Tylenol or something like that. You could fall asleep which may hide the pain until the morning when you could tell someone. But if it gets any worse tonight you really should wake your parents because it could be really bad. But in the mean time try to lay down and drink something cold. I hope this helps
olliegirl13211

olliegirl13211
August 6th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Okay, the pain has subdued a lot after taking some medicine and I have been drinking a lot of water. I'm going to lay down now and try to sleep. I really appreciate all your help. I feel a lot better than I did an hour ago. I'm pretty sure it's just heart burn because the medicine seems to be working. I still appreciate your advice and I feel a lot better about the situation.

elmoc
August 16th, 2017, 11:15 PM
I'm glad to see that hjhj's suggestions were helpful to you. If you feel like this in the future, you might try breathing into a lunch-bag sized paper bag. Sometimes hyperventilating can cause us to feel like you described.

Take care

jamie_n5
September 2nd, 2017, 08:29 PM
I am so glad it was just heartburn. I am happy that you are feeling better.