PDA

View Full Version : I miss her so much

WhoWhatWhen
August 6th, 2017, 02:31 AM
Me and my best friend and I recently parted ways, we kind of stopped talking for a lot of reasons. We started hanging out with different people (I didn't really like the people she hung out w/ because they were really rude), and she started acting different, I got sick of her telling me about her bad mental health and never getting help even though that was the main thing I said to her, her constant (mostly family) problems that I got emotionally dragged into but could never do anything to help, etc. I had been wanting to separate for a few months because of these things but she would still talk to me and ask to hang out but I would refuse because she never got any better and she was MAJORLY attached to her father, who I posted about a year ago, not being a good influence and being high on pills and other stuff and getting his gun out. (This is just one incidence when she would stick to him when he was being bat-shit crazy).

ANYWAY. A lot recently, over the span of this summer, I have found myself missing her. I think it is because last summer we would hang out a lot. I miss her and the things we did. I don't know why because I don't miss all the shit she did. For months, all I wanted was to be away from her. And at times I remember how toxic things were getting and I'm glad to be away from that. I just miss her so much. What is wrong with me :(

(I'm sorry for this kind of being a rant, I've just had this on my mind and felt like I was going to explode if I didn't express my feelings somewhere)

ska8er
August 6th, 2017, 05:09 AM
Nothing is wrong with u. Its natural
for u to feel bad after a lost friendship.
Text her and tell her that u miss her and
if the two of u can get back together. U
should also look for meeting some new
friends in case the former friendship does
not work out.

mick01
August 6th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Maybe the friendship doesn't have to end but maybe it just takes a different shape. Instead of getting back to what it was, which ended badly, maybe tell her that you'd like to find a way to keep in touch and that you still value her friendship.

WhoWhatWhen
August 6th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Maybe the friendship doesn't have to end but maybe it just takes a different shape. Instead of getting back to what it was, which ended badly, maybe tell her that you'd like to find a way to keep in touch and that you still value her friendship.

In the end of our friendship I tried to tell her that. But she either wanted us to be friends the way we were a year ago or nothing. I think I will give us time to be apart and maybe then we can become friends again when the time comes.

jamie_n5
August 6th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Well I think you made the right decision. Your friend definitely was and is headed down the wrong path. She is throwing her life away with bad people and drugs. She may even die from her decisions. I know it's hard and you miss her but you miss the old her and until she can go back to being that and leave the bad crowd and drugs and crap then you are right to stay clear of her. Hang in there and be strong and pray for her.

Freckles
August 6th, 2017, 09:54 PM
As we get older we change, our interests change and with that some of our friends change. That's perfectly normal. It's also normal to miss those good times and feel left out when they don't happen. I don't think your friendship is lost but just going in a different direction. You need to do your thing and so does she. She might realize someday that she misses the old times too and it can get back to how it was before. My mom says the same thing happened to her several times growing up but she's still friends with those people today. Change is just a hard part of growing up.