PDA

View Full Version : Mom and Dad yelling

cleancut
August 4th, 2017, 11:05 AM
My brother is a jerk and he is constantly getting into yelling arguments with my mom and dad.

My brother is older than I am and should move out or get kicked out.

They usually fight in the kitchen or the family room. When they are fighting I go to my room. I can still hear it and I hate it.

I've thought about complaining to my parents about the way it makes me feel but I don't know how I could bring it up.

Anyone else have this problem? What do you think I should do about it?

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2017, 03:40 PM
I think that you should go to your parents and tell them how you feel and how it hurts you and bothers you to have to hear them fighting and arguing. It sounds to me like your brother needs counseling and not to be rude but your parents could use some parenting classes. Social services can provide both or family counseling too.

Freckles
August 4th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I'd just tell them. If your bro is older than you maybe he needs to experience being on his own. He'll probably find out how good he has it at home.

Coolteenboy
August 4th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Any chance of talking to another family member to intervene?
Uncle, aunt, older cousin??

evansk8
August 5th, 2017, 01:38 AM
Yeah he probably needs to learn the hard way by having to go out on his own. I'm living with my uncle now for a month and have been super careful to be good and respectful and all cause I don't want to get kicked out from here.

Just JT
August 5th, 2017, 05:40 AM
I'm gonna guess that when there not arguing everything's pretty normal?
As much as it hurts and bothers you, think I'd think about a couple options. 1) try talking to your parents. And during an arguement isn't the time. But when it's calm may not be also. I'd do it right after while their emotions are fresh. If that doesn't help, option b)....get involved in the agreement. State your piece, and stand your ground, don't leave. Leaving only helps them continue in private thinking your outa the mix. Staying, and participating, your holding your hand you were dealt in the game of family poker. They'll see what's happening. They'll see the arguing is now becoming a family issue. Not sure how long it'll take, but they will.

It might get you a reply like "stay outa this it doesn't concern you". And you can say it does concern you, cause it's happening here in front of you, your sick of hearing it, even when you leave. And the yelling needs to stop, cause it's to much for you, so it's arresting you, somiys yiur business then. And don't leave. Cause now you got their attention.

It works

NewLeafsFan
August 8th, 2017, 01:06 AM
I'm going to give you very different advice than everyone else so far. I think that talking to your parents about it is a terrible idea. If you want your brother kicked out and you tell them that they could keep him just to spit your intervention. I think that you should tell your brother what you think of the way he acts. Even if it doesn't solve anything it could help just venting to him.