PDA

View Full Version : Foreskin

Andyyy95
August 4th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Mainly applicable to uncircumcised boys (i.e. those with foreskin):

Is it a "requirement" to be able to fully retract your foreskin? Would there be a purpose for it in the future that would disadvantage me as such?

Asking because I've never tried going all the day, and wondering if I should be worried considering I've just turned 22.

azurzg
August 4th, 2017, 07:54 AM
There's nothing you should worry about, but if I were you - I'd play with it with some lotion or baby oil and move it backwards little by little to be able to fully retract it.

Go slow, and do not cause yourself pain. Small steps.

Andyyy95
August 4th, 2017, 08:12 AM
There's nothing you should worry about, but if I were you - I'd play with it with some lotion or baby oil and move it backwards little by little to be able to fully retract it.

Go slow, and do not cause yourself pain. Small steps.

Thanks for the reply - should I try this in the bath when soft? It doesn't go anywhere when hard.

Or should I just go ask at my next doctor's appointment?

azurzg
August 4th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the reply - should I try this in the bath when soft? It doesn't go anywhere when hard.

Yes, absolutely, try it when soft. Baby oil is better that soap (or shower gel), but yes, you can try it in the bath. Just don't try anything forcefully. Small steps and lots of baby oil.

If you cannot do it yourself, you should ask a doctor, yes. There's a small procedure a doctor can do to help you.

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2017, 11:45 AM
It would be easier to clean inside your foreskin if you can retract it. Also for sex using a condom it works best if you retract your foreskin when putting it on. Other than that there is no real harm if you can't do it. For your own benefit though I would try doing foreskin stretching so you can retract it. There is plenty of info online for foreskin stretching or ask your doctor.

nat2003
August 4th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Yes if u cant open it u should go to the doc and probably get cut

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Don't take nat2003's advice. You got to keep your foreskin. You can live just fine if you can't retract. You don't want to loose the great benefits of having it.

jaret
August 4th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Do you have any overhang of your foreskin? Then you might have more to work with, than if you didn't have any.
If you do you have like the pointed look w/ a small opening at the tip?
Or do you have a nipple like look, with a larger opening.
Because it might depend on how large/little your pee tip opening is.
Best way might be the exercise stretching method in warm water and maybe some steroid cream.
If nothing seems to work see your doctor, anything but the "Cut" method

Andyyy95
August 5th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Yes if u cant open it u should go to the doc and probably get cut

No thank-you, I'm way too sensitive down there to even cope without the protective skin.

Shamal
August 5th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Only time I've needed to is to clean but other than that it's not going to cause you many disadvantages as far as I can tell.

nat2003
August 5th, 2017, 07:46 PM
No thank-you, I'm way too sensitive down there to even cope without the protective skin.

You get used to it it only hurts the first 5 days

mookie
August 6th, 2017, 12:25 PM
I don't know if not being able to pull it back will cause problems. My dad had me start pulling mine back a little at a time when I was taking baths a few years ago so I can pull mine back now

Andyyy95
August 6th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Thanks to those who have replied.

Update: With enough effort, I've gently managed to get the foreskin fully retracted while my penis was soft, such that the gland/head is now exposed. However, it's really sensitive to touch and it somewhat makes me uncomfortable.

What can I do to reduce this discomfort/sensitivity?

Hermes
August 6th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Mainly applicable to uncircumcised boys (i.e. those with foreskin):

Is it a "requirement" to be able to fully retract your foreskin? Would there be a purpose for it in the future that would disadvantage me as such?

Asking because I've never tried going all the day, and wondering if I should be worried considering I've just turned 22.

Did you mean going all the day, i.e. going all day with your foreskin retracted or did you mean going all the way, i.e. retracting it so the whole of the head is exposed, even if only momentarily?

Anyway see this article from the UK NHS about tight foreskin (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/phimosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx) suggesting that it may not be necessary to treat it at all which is in stark contrast to nat2003 enthusiasm to recommend circumcision.

The NHS article does not mention sex at it is aimed at parents of children with the condition but if you can get your foreskin to a place where it is stable, i.e. you can get a condom on, then that's fine for having sex with a condom on and I have seen a video of someone with a tight foreskin doing exactly that. Later, if she's on the pill or you are ready for a baby whether you'll experience any problem probably will depend on how wet she is but again I think you have a good chance of success.

If you do decide you want to be able to retract it fully you may be able to get there with some stretching exercises. Skins stretches more readily with a topical steroid cream and you can probably get some over the counter at a pharmacy or the doctor can prescribe a stronger one. Only if that fails should you consider surgery and even then full circumcision is not necessarily the answer.

If I were in your situation I think I'd just wait and see how things work in future and only seek treatment if and when I found a problem, not simply as a precaution.

kirikiri94
August 7th, 2017, 01:23 AM
It's not a requirement but it's highly preferable. It could hurt if you enter you penis in a vagina or elsewhere

Niceguy17
August 8th, 2017, 01:02 AM
I wish i had foreskin. Sigh*

Chaosphere
August 8th, 2017, 01:21 AM

Both. Try it yourself, and even if it's working, I would still mention it to your physician. It's a problem that has happened to plenty of people before, and if he or she finds it necessary, they can treat it.

NewLeafsFan
August 8th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Don't take nat2003's advice. You got to keep your foreskin. You can live just fine if you can't retract. You don't want to loose the great benefits of having it.

I got cut about 5 months ago. You do not need to keep your foreskin. There is literally no difference trust me man. There are NO HUGE BENEFITS OF HAVING FORESKIN.

If you do have to have it done it is a very easy operation. Easiest thing I ever did. If it is so tight that you can't retract it than it is IMPOSSIBLE to clean properly and likely painful during sex and masturbation.

Keep going, Try to retract when hard eventually. If you can't get circumcised.

Better to have no foreskin than tight foreskin, trust me.

jayjay111
August 8th, 2017, 02:30 AM
I absolutely agree with CanadianHockeyGuy
I used to have retractable foreskin and I got it cut a year ago, now I feel so much better and free, and stimulation is so much better.
I got it cut just because it was long and didn't retract on it's own when I got hard and it was kinda thick.