PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about getting a shy boy

Sophie99
August 2nd, 2017, 12:19 PM
I guess the title sums up what I want to know. I've been interested in this guy who is really hot and I've tried to catch his eye but nothing seems to work. I've tried to make eye contact with him, smile at him, improve my appearance slightly and tried to more friendly, especially if I know he's nearby. Basically I tried to make myself really approachable because I know he is socially awkward and I want him to think he can come up to me. We've left college now and it makes me really sad that nothing could happen between us but I have no idea what to do about it because I want to at least talk to him but I don't think he has any social medias or anything

mick01
August 2nd, 2017, 12:27 PM
Do you have any mutual friends or do you know any of his friends? If so, maybe they could help. If not, it seems like the only way to talk to him is to approach him so you can introduce yourself.

Desynchronized
August 2nd, 2017, 01:13 PM
Just start talking with him. Like simply a hey whats up would go a long way. As an extremely shy and socially anxious person i really appreciate someone else starting the conversation. Also you might wanna get his social media and chat w him. That'll be way more comfortable fr him too.

PlasmaHam
August 2nd, 2017, 01:23 PM
I would suggest just going up to him, introduce yourself, and chat a little bit.

Just be sure not to sound condescending or pitiful when you do.

Sophie99
August 2nd, 2017, 01:46 PM
Do you have any mutual friends or do you know any of his friends? If so, maybe they could help. If not, it seems like the only way to talk to him is to approach him so you can introduce yourself.

I don't think he has many friends but I do know them, but I've never actually spoken to them. I didn't specify this but since school has finished I don't know if I'll ever see him again :mad::(

Just start talking with him. Like simply a hey whats up would go a long way. As an extremely shy and socially anxious person i really appreciate someone else starting the conversation. Also you might wanna get his social media and chat w him. That'll be way more comfortable fr him too.

This is the most shy person I've ever saw, I didn't ever see him talking to people in school and seems extremely private, I've tried looking for him on social media but I can't find him, so I assume he doesn't have any social medias

I would suggest just going up to him, introduce yourself, and chat a little bit.

Just be sure not to sound condescending or pitiful when you do.

I'm worried that by going up to him it will completely scare him off, I don't know how to describe how nervous and shy this boy actually is :/

Posts merged, please edit or use multiquote next time. ~Endeavour

mick01
August 2nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
I don't think he has many friends but I do know them, but I've never actually spoken to them. I didn't specify this but since school has finished I don't know if I'll ever see him again :mad::(

Well your only chance would be if you took a risk and either contact his friends or somehow contact him directly. If you can get his address you can always send a note. That's pretty low risk since you may not see him again anyway.

Desynchronized
August 2nd, 2017, 02:02 PM
Agree to above guy. Just approach him. If your lucky then things just turn out to b well. If things go otherwise he just gets scared off and either way you never see him again.

Sophie99
August 2nd, 2017, 02:04 PM
Well your only chance would be if you took a risk and either contact his friends or somehow contact him directly. If you can get his address you can always send a note. That's pretty low risk since you may not see him again anyway.

Feel a bit creepy asking for his address and I don't know how to go about contacting his friends about him because he might not want them to know that I want to talk to him because he might feel embarrassed or something idk

Agree to above guy. Just approach him. If your lucky then things just turn out to b well. If things go otherwise he just gets scared off and either way you never see him again.

No way of approaching:/

Posts merged, please edit or use multiquote next time ~Endeavour

Desynchronized
August 2nd, 2017, 02:12 PM
Not even just a way to tell hi? Then i fear the only option might b to let to :/

Sophie99
August 2nd, 2017, 02:15 PM
Not even just a way to tell hi? Then i fear the only option might b to let to :/

As far as I know there's no way, I want to message I friend of his but I'm not sure what to say

Desynchronized
August 2nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
Oh just straight away tell him/her that you wanna talk with him(shyguy). Maybe tell them to let him know. Ask for his social media w his permissions maybe. Idk

Sophie99
August 2nd, 2017, 02:26 PM
Oh just straight away tell him/her that you wanna talk with him(shyguy). Maybe tell them to let him know. Ask for his social media w his permissions maybe. Idk

I was gong to say 'Hi how are you, I need to ask your friend something but I can't find him on any social media so I was wondering if you could give me a way to contact him please?' You think that's okay?

Desynchronized
August 3rd, 2017, 01:43 AM
Yeah that would be okay :)

Sophie99
August 3rd, 2017, 01:23 PM
Yeah that would be okay :)

His friend replied to me today and said that the boy I have a crush on isn't in a good place right now as he's just lost one of his parents :(:(, but he asked if he could give out his private twitter to me as someone to talk to and he agreed to it, but now I have his twitter and I'm scared to message him because I don't want to put any stress or anything on him by talking to him when he's in a really bad place right now, as I'm pretty sure he's never spoken to a girl before or anything so I don't want to upset him, idk what to do

Uniquemind
August 7th, 2017, 02:57 PM
His friend replied to me today and said that the boy I have a crush on isn't in a good place right now as he's just lost one of his parents :(:(, but he asked if he could give out his private twitter to me as someone to talk to and he agreed to it, but now I have his twitter and I'm scared to message him because I don't want to put any stress or anything on him by talking to him when he's in a really bad place right now, as I'm pretty sure he's never spoken to a girl before or anything so I don't want to upset him, idk what to do

I would give him some time, and then directly contact him in a friendly manner.