PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Girls - Infant Circumcision

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 09:19 PM
Most guys will base their decision on there own experiences but I'm very curious as to if girls think it's necessary.

WhoWhatWhen
August 2nd, 2017, 12:43 AM
I believe they should not. There is no substantial evidence to show any difference in disease/std's between circumcised and uncircumcised men. And why do it just for tradition? I don't believe that's a real reason to mutilate someone else's genitals. If a grown man wants to get circumcised, that's fine. It's his educated decision.

Barbara.
August 2nd, 2017, 12:39 PM
Undecided, the pros and cons are the same either way.

Human
August 2nd, 2017, 04:59 PM
why does the opinion of girls matter? it should be up to the baby boy having his genitals altered no one else

Babs
August 2nd, 2017, 07:31 PM
why does the opinion of girls matter? it should be up to the baby boy having his genitals altered no one else

because he originally posted it in p101 and it got archived so now he's posting it in rotw as if there isn't already a debate on circumcision on the first page

hogwartsthestral
August 3rd, 2017, 08:32 PM
Yes, absolutely. It's cleaner and healthier for the kid, it should be done, and it should be a lot more common than it is where I live. One thing, is it should be free - instead of like it is now where parents have to pay for it.

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I do not suport circumcision

Murk.T.M
August 18th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Damnit I'm posting! Haha.... There's also the factor of the surgeons reputation, how clean, and what kind should matter too. I'm a lucky one, but I've seen a lot of kids with 'messed up' circumcisions... Had to put that one out there.(it also puts reproduction at risk, so it shouldn't be free, as it is it only costs $10)

hogwartsthestral
August 28th, 2017, 02:57 AM
I do not suport circumcision

Why not? It's much healthier for the boy and better for his future partners too (lower risk of diseases, etc).

Flapjack
August 28th, 2017, 05:16 AM
Why not? It's much healthier for the boy and better for his future partners too (lower risk of diseases, etc).
The health benefits are marginal at best, the needless cosmetic operation also has its own risks and what would you say to the boy when he grows into a man and wishes he wasn't circumscribed?

Diana2002
August 28th, 2017, 05:20 AM

Circumcision is not natural. We are already born perfect the way we are, there is no need to cut parts of us. I would never circumcise my kids if i'll have boys.

Uniquemind
September 5th, 2017, 02:42 AM
I'm not for genital mutilation of either sex, only if medically necessary would I begrudgingly support it.

Cultural reasons for it be damned, and it also costs $ for the procedure which is a double insult when those parents need that $10 to help raise the kid these days, babies are expensive.

jhardy
September 8th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I just don't see the benefit to it. As a religious practice fine, but otherwise I don't see a need for it.

jamie_n5
September 8th, 2017, 06:51 PM
I'm not for genital mutilation of either sex, only if medically necessary would I begrudgingly support it.

Cultural reasons for it be damned, and it also costs $ for the procedure which is a double insult when those parents need that $10 to help raise the kid these days, babies are expensive.

These are my feelings on the subject too. Also I would like to find a doctor in the USA that would do it for $100 let alone $10. It's not the cost anyway it's the idea of violating some ones human rights in my opinion.

Uniquemind
September 9th, 2017, 12:42 AM
These are my feelings on the subject too. Also I would like to find a doctor in the USA that would do it for $100 let alone $10. It's not the cost anyway it's the idea of violating some ones human rights in my opinion.

They exist.

Also remember we live in a world where laws are only as valid as the country's borders.

Many families, will take their children overseas, have the procedure done, and then fly them back to the main country they reside in.

maddogmj77
September 9th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Circumcision is not natural. We are already born perfect the way we are, there is no need to cut parts of us. I would never circumcise my kids if i'll have boys.

This is actually an Appeal to Nature Fallacy (https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/36/Appeal-to-Nature). There are several things wrong with the human body, from the eyeball to the testicle.

Aside from that, I don't believe it's ethical to chop off parts of a baby while the kid gets absolutely no say in it.

There is no health benefit to circumcision; so that argument is void.

As for "religious beliefs", I don't believe we should entertain religious practices which require us to chop off baby body parts.
We certainly don't let Nazis with their "religious belief" that Jews should be exterminated do that.
There's a limit.

Trish_Lynn
September 10th, 2017, 12:54 AM
No way no how. I think it is mostly done for religious reasons and even then it's not when the boy is a newborn but when he's a young boy.

There are so many uncircumcised men in the world and they seem to be getting along just fine. You are born that way for a reason or else evolution would have gotten rid of one's foreskin.

jacob.neruda
September 19th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I am completely against surgical procedures unless performed with a valid medical reason. Religion is not valid, nor is culture.

sazzzo
October 4th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I don't understand why anyone would want to do this kind of thing ever

Brigje
October 4th, 2017, 01:58 PM

Let people decide for themselves when they are adults.

It is unbelievable that these days parents don't inform themselves better and still believe this kind of BS.