PDA

View Full Version : 15 and never had a boyfriend

ava.anonymous
July 31st, 2017, 11:51 AM
I'm fifteen and I've never had a boyfriend, I see all my friends around me getting in relationships and sometimes I feel jealous, but at the same time I think 15,is a bit too young to be getting in relationships and at that age you should be focusing on friendships and school work.
What are your opinions on dating? How young do you think is too young for a relationship?

PlasmaHam
July 31st, 2017, 12:19 PM
I think the age depends of numerous factors. Social skills, good communication, self-restraint, strong wills, and wise decision making skills. In my observations, that stage in your life can happen anywhere from 13-20 years of all. And of course, even if you are at that stage in your life, that doesn't mean it is somehow wrong of you to not want to date atm. While in school, dating should honestly not be a priority in your life.

Alright, so let's go to my personal opinions on the subject. In my opinion, 16 years is the best age to start dating. I have rarely ever seen anything good come out of >16 dating. A lot of dating at those ages is just insubstantial puppy love, and it typically does much more to hurt themselves in terms of school and social-life than it does any benefit, as most aren't mature enough to handle it wisely. 16 provides an age where most people are mature enough to date. It also comes at a stage in your life when parents start to give you more freedoms and trust, due to hopefully having a driver's license now. At 16, you are effectively able to take dating to the next level, while also being mature enough to handle it. Of course, the age varies by person, but in my honest opinion 16 is when I think it is wisest to start dating.

Endeavour
July 31st, 2017, 12:39 PM
Age doesn't really matter really. In some cases a younger person can be more mature than an older person, so really I don't think there's a specific age where you are ready. You really shouldn't be comparing yourself to your friends either, and if you would rather focus on your school work than go into a relationship, good for you. Relationships can be complicated and so it might be better to hold it off for a few years until you can better understand what you're getting yourself into and when the pressures of school begin to wear down a little.

Babs
July 31st, 2017, 01:27 PM
15-year-olds tend to feel old but they are in fact very very young, too young for serious relationships imo. I think teenagers should spend less time twiddling their thumbs and worrying about what they haven't done, and start enjoying the way things are in the moment they are in. Relationships should occur naturally, and everyone has their milestones at different ages.

Sere
July 31st, 2017, 01:44 PM
I've seen many of my friends get into relationships and it all depends on a few things. Your maturity, how trustworthy you are and how trustworthy they are. I think that relationships at an age around then are fine if you are both trusting and able to help and be there for each other.
I definitely feel that are sudden, unthought, untrusted or disconnected relationships do not need to fully be there, especially at this 15 and around there

I saw friends and kids "dating" in middle school which I don't fully think was necessary... ._.
People are becoming less and less trustable which I hate myself for saying. I wish people were still more around that you could trust without worrying about cheating and things like such. (There are trustable people just seeing they are hard let to find that many who will not largely betray you at some point in time)

I know that many of the legit users on this site are trustworthy and this site is a gathering of some pretty trust full people.
I would also like to ask if you mean serious relationships..?

And I think dating before high school is too young. Just might be me tho =_=
ava.anonymous

Wow I think I may have just ranted a bit (;._.)

Claire Asteroid
July 31st, 2017, 04:07 PM
I think it's OK, I had a boyfriend when I was 14 but not all my friends had one before they were 15.

Coolteenboy
July 31st, 2017, 04:15 PM
I think the age depends of numerous factors. Social skills, good communication, self-restraint, strong wills, and wise decision making skills. In my observations, that stage in your life can happen anywhere from 13-20 years of all. And of course, even if you are at that stage in your life, that doesn't mean it is somehow wrong of you to not want to date atm. While in school, dating should honestly not be a priority in your life.

Alright, so let's go to my personal opinions on the subject. In my opinion, 16 years is the best age to start dating. I have rarely ever seen anything good come out of >16 dating. A lot of dating at those ages is just insubstantial puppy love, and it typically does much more to hurt themselves in terms of school and social-life than it does any benefit, as most aren't mature enough to handle it wisely. 16 provides an age where most people are mature enough to date. It also comes at a stage in your life when parents start to give you more freedoms and trust, due to hopefully having a driver's license now. At 16, you are effectively able to take dating to the next level, while also being mature enough to handle it. Of course, the age varies by person, but in my honest opinion 16 is when I think it is wisest to start dating.

Very well put!
Just set your boundries, and be smart if you take it to the next level.
Not saying ure gunna have sex, but if you do, remember you only get ONE "v~card" ifyou give it away, make sure its a memory you want to put in yourlife experience box, and not regret it.

Elysium
July 31st, 2017, 05:09 PM

This, although I think Plasma means <16, not >16 :P

Everyone has their own path through life and comparing yours to someone else's, your milestones and how long it took you to do this or whatever, is like apples and oranges. I recently saw this concept compared to timezones and I think that's pretty accurate. OP, you should feel no shame or embarrassment that you haven't yet dated anyone - at the same time, you shouldn't look down on your friends who have or are dating already. You do you, but also live and let live. Nobody is doing any better or worse than anybody else because of milestones they reach sooner or later.

Just JT
July 31st, 2017, 09:10 PM

That's a really good reply. Tbh, bro, that sounds really perfect. Very mature, and I think your right as well.

BUt. People do mature at different rates. So IMO, it's an individual thing, and a grey area.

To OP, you said your not sure yourself, so just follow your instincts. I've found mine to be pretty good. (Sometimes I mess up, usually). But I didn't listen to my instincts. I listened to the wrong head.

When your ready, and you meet someone, you'll know. It'll be a different feeling. And follow that. Just be honest and true to yourself.

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 01:47 AM
Your only 15! I'm 18 and I've never had a serious gf. Date when you are ready and when you find someone that respects you and your values.

Collins1
August 1st, 2017, 08:20 PM
I personally consider most relationships under the age of 16 as 'fake' as they won't go anywhere most of the time and are just done for attention. You are absolutely right on waiting it out. You will know when you are ready - don't just do it because you feel pressured to!

brownsugar
August 2nd, 2017, 04:11 AM
Dont worry I'm 23 and i dont have a girlfriend

Barbara.
August 2nd, 2017, 04:48 AM
Im 14 and never had a bf. Im not in no hurry cause I have the rest of my life to find a bf and form a relationship. What im trying to say is don't rush it , you got the rest of your life.

ava.anonymous
August 3rd, 2017, 06:48 AM
I think it's OK, I had a boyfriend when I was 14 but not all my friends had one before they were 15.

Just wondering how long did it last because most teenage relationships I've known of only last a few months
One of my friends even broke up and got back together with the same guy 12 times.

Claire Asteroid
August 3rd, 2017, 07:24 AM
We were boyfriend and girlfriend for about 8 months but a lot of that time we were not really together.

Romulus_
August 3rd, 2017, 03:32 PM
Imho I think fifteen is a little young to be dating, since it is unlikely that such a relationship would last. But don't worry, plenty of people don't have partners I am sure, and you shouldn't feel pressured to get one yourself. I still haven't had a partner yet either so you are not alone :whoops:

chomoto123
August 3rd, 2017, 04:26 PM
I'm fifteen and I've never had a boyfriend, I see all my friends around me getting in relationships and sometimes I feel jealous, but at the same time I think 15,is a bit too young to be getting in relationships and at that age you should be focusing on friendships and school work.
What are your opinions on dating? How young do you think is too young for a relationship?

I think a relationship need love trust and mutual understanding
So I thin 17~18 is a good age to be in a relationship
Teenagers have mood swings so u can't be sure when they'll be good or nah
And I think when you're mature enough you'll be able to take responsibility of a relationship
Many relationships break easily because of the lack of mutual understanding so
11~15 is a bit too young for dating and stuff

Chaosphere
August 5th, 2017, 12:07 AM

Like others have said, maturity determines whether or not a person is ready to start dating seriously. I didn't have a gf until I turned 17, but on the other hand she's 15. I think the age of 14 and below has a majority of people who are not ready to start dating. There are some, but unlike later ages, most aren't, as opposed to, "some." Work and school are incredibly important at this time as well, but they don't have to preclude you from romantics.
The best way to be is to have a partner who will also support you with those things, so you can assist each other.

jamie_n5
August 6th, 2017, 07:22 PM
There is nothing wrong at 15 that you haven't dated or had a relationship. My mom told me that her parents wouldn't let her date until she was 17. At any rate you are fine and I am sure that you will be dating in the near future. Don't feel bad or try to rush things.