PDA

View Full Version : Loner by choice?

Neverever
July 31st, 2017, 11:48 AM
I am 16 right now and don't have or have ever had any friends or even acquaintances and totally don't feel like finding some. All my life I've been that shy kid who never talks. However, I'm not some kind of freak, I get straight A's at schools and have a good reputation, no mental illnesess (though I feel depressed sometimes). About a year ago I've finally overcame my shyness and switched school (moved to Moscow) but even having the confidence, I never make small talk and if somebody talks with me, I try my best to end the conversation ASAP. I even turn down girls who try to get to know me. Moreover, I don't want to ever have relationships and family nor engage in something sexual. All I want is to have a good career and loads of money in my bank account, so I can travel and etc. I also think of joining an opposition party at 18 and start a political career, I'm good at conversations if they are not personal. I enjoy doing things by myself, like going to the cinema, shopping at malls, having a walk in the park, stuff like this.

Overall, I like being a loner, but I wonder, are there many people like me?

English is not my native language, so feel free to correct my mistakes, that way I can learn it better.

Coolteenboy
July 31st, 2017, 03:49 PM
I used to be a loner. What i found, is if you expose ureself a little to others(NO, NOT that expose. I mean emotionally, intellectually, etc) others tend to gravitate closer to you.
Just choose wisely, and go slow.

Amethyst Rose
July 31st, 2017, 06:26 PM
I'm a loner somewhat. I have some friends but, for the most part, remain detached from most people and socializing can be very nerve-wracking at times. Interaction is good though, and building connections can keep you motivated and aid you in achieving your future goals. You seem very driven without others pushing you - which is a great quality - but I don't think isolating yourself is a good thing. That being said, there's nothing "wrong" with choosing to be a loner but you shouldn't make yourself completely inaccessible/unapproachable.

ska8er
July 31st, 2017, 08:01 PM
If u don't want to discuss anything personal
with someone say so but then when u encounter
someone start out with a hello and smile. If u want
to go into politics u r going to have to public speak.
Practice speaking in front of a mirror until u feel u r
more confident in urself. Meet friends in study groups
or meetings and if u get a chance to speak with some
one talk bout music or news or anything else that is on
u mind. To have friends u have to make friends.

jamie_n5
July 31st, 2017, 09:27 PM
I am sure that there are plenty of people that choose the hermit or being alone life. As long as you are happy and content with your life I wouldn't worry about it at all. It sounds like other than being a loner you are a socially good person with knowledge and goals in life. I would say that you pretty much have your life together. Good luck to you man.

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 12:38 AM
I dont think there is anything wrong with being a loner. At least not right now. There may be a day when you find you need other ppl in your life and i just hope you dont regret not reaching out while you were younger and able to make friends more easily. Traveling alone doesnt sound like much fun to me.

evansk8
August 1st, 2017, 01:07 AM
There have been times when I've been more of a loner. But as you mentioned you can start to feel depressed when you don't have people to hang with sometimes. Also when unexpected things happen you need people around you like a support system. So what I'm trying to say is part of it's a normal part of your personality, the other aspect is that you should have a few friends.

Seraph
August 1st, 2017, 05:18 AM
HI Neverever and greetings from another introvert, I myself am much like you. I have very few friends but they're very good people and I'm proud of it. It's better to have one good friend than a hundred unknown friends.

Chaosphere
August 3rd, 2017, 12:36 AM
I am 16 right now and don't have or have ever had any friends or even acquaintances and totally don't feel like finding some. All my life I've been that shy kid who never talks. However, I'm not some kind of freak, I get straight A's at schools and have a good reputation, no mental illnesess (though I feel depressed sometimes). About a year ago I've finally overcame my shyness and switched school (moved to Moscow) but even having the confidence, I never make small talk and if somebody talks with me, I try my best to end the conversation ASAP. I even turn down girls who try to get to know me. Moreover, I don't want to ever have relationships and family nor engage in something sexual. All I want is to have a good career and loads of money in my bank account, so I can travel and etc. I also think of joining an opposition party at 18 and start a political career, I'm good at conversations if they are not personal. I enjoy doing things by myself, like going to the cinema, shopping at malls, having a walk in the park, stuff like this.

Overall, I like being a loner, but I wonder, are there many people like me?

English is not my native language, so feel free to correct my mistakes, that way I can learn it better.
I'm pretty similar, in answer to your question. One thing is different, I have one girl who I am the opposite with, she's my anchor and I hate being away from her. Otherwise, other people aren't of great interest to me in the long run. It isn't super abnormal, but it can also change with hormones and stuff. I would recommend finding at least one or two other people, whether they be romantic or not, whatever you want, but they will satisfy you even more effectively than, "a load of money in your bank account." I'm not romanticizing the issue, it's just how humans are built. Give yourself to adjust to a situation in which you can communicate with others as opposed to shyness getting in the way.

Freckles
August 4th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I need my alone time but you also need other people in your life to talk to when things aren't going good or even when things are going great. I dream of a life in the mountains being totally self sufficient and to be able to just do what I want and not bother anybody. From your post I think you kinda think the same way. However you still need to relate to others to have your needs met.

nat2003
August 5th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Sometimes its necessary to be alone but you shoul be with other people too