PDA

View Full Version : The Emoji Movie

Blank_
July 29th, 2017, 09:30 PM
So that dreaded day has finally come, The Emoji Movie has hit theaters, to the dismay of the parents of young children across the country. To this point, the "film" has been bombarded with negative reviews from critics and moviegoers alike. It barely managed to escape getting the infamous 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, and has disappointed financially so far into its opening weekend. So my question is, have any of you seen this travesty? And if so, what were YOUR thoughts of The Emoji Movie?

Dalcourt
July 29th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Lmao I wouldn't even watch a movie like that if I would get paid for it.
But my friend's 5 year old nephew is all hyped.

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 29th, 2017, 10:10 PM
From all the promotional materials and little bits I've heard, I knew from the beginning this movie was nothing more than a cash-grab by whatever movie studio produced this. However, I am not going to dish out cash to go the movie theater just to watch an awful kids movie. I may watch it with my family when it comes on dvd though.

Babs
July 30th, 2017, 06:26 PM
the emoji movie pisses me off way more than it should.

you can't just anthropomorphize every fucking successful app and call it a movie. first an angry birds movie, now an emoji movie. why do the characters have to be emojis? can't you just make a movie? oh yeah, because you can't monetize off of the recognizable brand, so let's just put out absolute crap.

i hope all these talentless hacks with no pride in their work hate themselves in the aftermath of this blatant horseshit.

red04
August 3rd, 2017, 01:09 PM
Never will watch it sound stupid will be on netflix in a month

Melodic
August 3rd, 2017, 01:26 PM
I'm actually surprised they got so many big names to appear in this.

BlackParadePixie
August 3rd, 2017, 05:28 PM
I normally take what critics say about most movies with a grain of salt....but in this case, this movie absolutely looks like garbage.

Jinglebottom
August 3rd, 2017, 05:38 PM
I literally just found out about this today and it looks awful ngl.

Coolteenboy
August 3rd, 2017, 07:42 PM
This movie appeals to NO ONE.
if it does, omg, get a life!!!
Even the previews on TV pissed me off.

BlackParadePixie
August 3rd, 2017, 08:25 PM
This movie appeals to NO ONE.

I wouldn't say NO ONE. It's obviously a kids movie...