PDA

View Full Version : When will I "complete" puberty?

hellofellowteenagers
July 29th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Hello. This is my first post, but I've just turned 16 and I'm roughly 5'4" / 165cm. My parents aren't tall folks, but my shoulders are still quite narrow and my voice is lower in pitch than it was a year or two ago but still not quite the adult voice. I have pubic/facial hair but it's quite thin, a good bit thinner than the hair on my head.(genetics?) Hair on thigh is still <1cm and pretty much no hair on inner thigh. I haven't had an enormous growth spurt AFAIK, but have been growing steadily, 5ft/152cm around 3.5 years ago, so around 1.1in a year. My penis is about 6.8in/17.5cm :confused: and about 13cm and change around. I do produce sperm and quite a lot of it at that. Will I still grow? I've felt very doubtful that I'm going to go through a growth spurt, but would it be possible? I've felt some growth pains recently though, in my legs. My feet are a US size 9. I'm full blooded Japanese but growing up in the states. I look quite lanky for my height. I assume I'll still grow a ?little? more but until around when? Thanks!

Vegas2933
July 29th, 2017, 04:50 PM
There's no way of telling. Puberty moves at its own pace with different people.

hellofellowteenagers
July 29th, 2017, 04:55 PM

But from the way I've been moving through it, do you reckon I've gone over the "peak" or not yet? :what:

Jericho14
July 29th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Only time will tell

jamie_n5
July 29th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Puberty and growth can still go on into your early 20's. Most guys beards don't finish thickening until then too. Everyone is a little bit different so don't give up the ship yet my friend.

Perc.man_1
July 29th, 2017, 08:51 PM
The average male completes puberty at 21. You still have some time!

Vegas2933
July 30th, 2017, 09:46 AM
But from the way I've been moving through it, do you reckon I've gone over the "peak" or not yet? :what:

16 is the average peak. But my peak was at like 14 because I was an early bloomer. :)

zzzzzzzzzz
July 30th, 2017, 11:58 AM
we are all different. You do have your dad to compare to. And by the sounds of things, some things are more complete than others. You mention similar height, but narrow shoulders. Your dick is already a decent size. We are all unique, so enjoy what you have

scott2002
July 30th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Puberty and growth can still go on into your early 20's. Most guys beards don't finish thickening until then too.
When I was reading all I could trying to understand puberty, I remember reading that for guys, the beard is the last thing to develop. So, until you need to shave your face every day, things could still be changing.
Also, something happens to the long bones of our legs and arms. Something called growth plates, and they ultimately harden. I guess that can be seen in x-rays, but you're not gonna get x-rays of your legs to see if they've hardened yet! Once they harden those long bones won't grow anymore. (So guys with a full beard at age 17, that's gonna be about it for them.)

elmoc
July 30th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Everyone is different, depending on genetics. I was about 5'4" tall until age 15. 18 now & 5'10"

When will you finish? I'm 18 & haven't finished. Older brothers did not have a full beard until about 24-25.

Hermes
July 30th, 2017, 06:51 PM
On the question of when puberty ends I guess it depends on how you define the end. After you have stopped growing in height pretty much all that happens afterwards is that your gradually get hairier, i.e. fuller beard, chest hair (or more of it if you already have some) etc.

Height-wise it is hard to say how much more you will grow. During my growth spurt I grew 3in/year so 1in/year does not sound like a growth spurt to me so maybe you still have that to come? As you tend to grow outside in, i.e. feet/hands first, then legs/arms, then torso you feet stopping growing is a sign you are nearing the end.

Seraph
August 1st, 2017, 05:02 AM
Hello. This is my first post, but I've just turned 16 and I'm roughly 5'4" / 165cm. My parents aren't tall folks, but my shoulders are still quite narrow and my voice is lower in pitch than it was a year or two ago but still not quite the adult voice. I have pubic/facial hair but it's quite thin, a good bit thinner than the hair on my head.(genetics?) Hair on thigh is still <1cm and pretty much no hair on inner thigh. I haven't had an enormous growth spurt AFAIK, but have been growing steadily, 5ft/152cm around 3.5 years ago, so around 1.1in a year. My penis is about 6.8in/17.5cm :confused: and about 13cm and change around. I do produce sperm and quite a lot of it at that. Will I still grow? I've felt very doubtful that I'm going to go through a growth spurt, but would it be possible? I've felt some growth pains recently though, in my legs. My feet are a US size 9. I'm full blooded Japanese but growing up in the states. I look quite lanky for my height. I assume I'll still grow a ?little? more but until around when? Thanks!

My best friend is 17 and he's 5'5" with a childlike voice and a clean face of a 14-year-old, some people grow up early whereas others take their time -- there's no telling when it will begin and when it will end.

jackspeaks
August 4th, 2017, 05:05 PM

exactly

nat2003
August 4th, 2017, 06:30 PM
They say until 21 you can still be in puberty but i dont really know

Shamal
August 5th, 2017, 03:29 AM
Only time will tell as it moves at different pace for everyone.

pauly
August 5th, 2017, 04:56 AM
Nobody can give you the answer. But if you happen to know when your father or any brother you might have finished their puberty you could be about the same age when you finish. But there's no sure way of knowing, except to be certain you'll finish some day!

TWDjacob
August 13th, 2017, 10:26 PM
its always hard to tell based on judgement because everyones different

Nelmoinen
August 15th, 2017, 07:22 PM

You can still grow