View Full Version : Best NHL team

NewLeafsFan
July 28th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Fav NHL team? Why are they the best?

Sailor Mars
July 28th, 2017, 04:33 PM
ROTW :arrow: Sports & Fitness

This is better suited here

(Btw, Canadiens are objectively the best team, but I'm a Leafs fan)

NewLeafsFan
July 28th, 2017, 05:16 PM
ROTW :arrow: Sports & Fitness

This is better suited here

(Btw, Canadiens are objectively the best team, but I'm a Leafs fan)

I was raised a Canadiens fan but currently disapprove of managemebt decisions. Not resigning Markov, trading Sergachev, etc. Although they are tge best team histirically.

Leafs are doing everything right.

Sailor Mars
July 28th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I was raised a Canadiens fan but currently disapprove of managemebt decisions. Not resigning Markov, trading Sergachev, etc. Although they are tge best team histirically.

Leafs are doing everything right.

Got a young team, some real talent... Oilers are doing p good too for the first time in history.

N yeah, I still don't like some of the trades they've been doing :/ (Canadiens)

NewLeafsFan
August 6th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Got a young team, some real talent... Oilers are doing p good too for the first time in history.

N yeah, I still don't like some of the trades they've been doing :/ (Canadiens)

Oilers were a great team in the 1980s and 1990s.

I know Matthews gets most of the attention but Marner's my favourite Leaf right now. I might convert.

BlackParadePixie
August 9th, 2017, 08:32 PM
well I am a Kings fan. Obviously they are not "the best", although winning 2 stanley cups recently ain't bad. Pittsburgh is gonna be tough to beat again next year, I think. We'll see if anyone is up to the challenge.

Emerald Dream
August 9th, 2017, 10:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SPk7LCs.jpg

^^these guys

No, seriously. I know they moved (my “local” team now) and changed their name. That logo is pretty sweet though.

mattsmith48
August 10th, 2017, 11:04 AM
The best team rightnow, probably Tampa. Favourite team, the Canucks

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 02:23 PM
a canadian one?

jennycakes
August 19th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Hard to go against the back to back champs, Pittsburgh Penguins. I expect big things from Edmonton.

Cjmccjface
September 24th, 2017, 12:57 AM
image (http://i.imgur.com/SPk7LCs.jpg)

^^these guys

No, seriously. I know they moved (my “local” team now) and changed their name. That logo is pretty sweet though.

The Hartford Whalers!! Why the fuck would they put a team in Carolina where everyone is a football diehard and doesn't give a shit about other sports.

kyrocks03
September 24th, 2017, 01:10 PM
The Hartford Whalers!! Why the fuck would they put a team in Carolina where everyone is a football diehard and doesn't give a shit about other sports.

The same reason they put on in Arizona! :eek:

Sailor Mars
September 24th, 2017, 01:17 PM

Coyotes actually have fans tho? Like yknow they're not a huge team like the Rangers or Canadiens or any of the NE teams, but Coyotes aren't bad (or at least what I remember seeing. I haven't looked at any of their stats recently), same with Tampa Bay

mattsmith48
September 24th, 2017, 01:59 PM

Coyotes actually have fans tho? Like yknow they're not a huge team like the Rangers or Canadiens or any of the NE teams, but Coyotes aren't bad (or at least what I remember seeing. I haven't looked at any of their stats recently), same with Tampa Bay

The problem with the Coyotes and even the Panthers is the arena is poorly located. Tampa Bay's success is based on their constantly good over the past couple decades.

kyrocks03
September 25th, 2017, 06:31 AM

The arena in PHX is constantly near empty and is generally filled with fans from other teams, especially when Canadian teams are in or the northern based teams. When they had a playoff run a few years ago there was some interest, but it left quickly once they started sucking again.

NewLeafsFan
October 6th, 2017, 02:16 AM
Arizona does much worse as far as attendance goes than Tampa Bay. Arizona, Islanders, Florida, and Carolina all struggle with attendance. When teams ice competitive teams for several consecutive years the fans start coming out.

The arena in PHX is constantly near empty and is generally filled with fans from other teams, especially when Canadian teams are in or the northern based teams. When they had a playoff run a few years ago there was some interest, but it left quickly once they started sucking again.

Hollywood
October 7th, 2017, 08:51 AM
I grew up a Ducks fan but lost interest in the team over the last few years for some reason. So, for a little while, I was kind of a free agent fan-wise. Then the Preds got Subban and my interest was piqued. The run they went on last year cemented my passion for the team and now I really love the Preds.

Still, I'll always have a soft spot for the Ducks.

BlackParadePixie
October 8th, 2017, 02:39 AM
the Kings are 2 and 0!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Better watch out, J. Quick is BACK!

mattsmith48
October 9th, 2017, 12:43 PM
the Kings are 2 and 0!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Better watch out, J. Quick is BACK!

No, bad Kings, you won enough, you are suppose to suck now.

This also apply to Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Hollywood
October 11th, 2017, 12:46 AM
No, bad Kings, you won enough, you are suppose to suck now.

This also apply to Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Eventually. Maybe...

Trivium
October 11th, 2017, 01:47 AM
Detroit Red Wings.

Vic_Fire
October 14th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Capitals for me

DimkaD
October 15th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Red Wings

JacobJ
October 20th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Ima Canucks fan... they are my fave but definitely not the best! My dad says that anybody can be a fan of a good team, but real fans like their team even if they suck, which Vancouver does right now. A lot.

kadencole
November 3rd, 2017, 12:02 PM
Calgary Flames. My cousin plays for them so ya know, gotta stick with fam lol.

BlackParadePixie
November 3rd, 2017, 05:10 PM
Kings baby!!!

Sailor Mars
November 3rd, 2017, 07:39 PM
I take back what I said before the season btw, Habs are fuckin garbage this year LMAO

Leafs aren’t too bad, but they have a lot of problems that need fixing

Hollywood
November 3rd, 2017, 11:03 PM
I take back what I said before the season btw, Habs are fuckin garbage this year LMAO

At least they still have a French-Canadian GM though, right?!?!

Seriously though, Marc Bergevin is a fucking moron who completely destroyed a promising team. Subban for Weber was one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen, and Price's upcoming contract is going to kill them too.

kadencole
November 4th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Bergevin is an idiot. He loses Subban, Markov and Radulov, and gets Weber and Drouin lol. If the Habs didn't have such a hard on for french GM's he'd be history.

Hollywood
November 5th, 2017, 01:05 AM
Bergevin is an idiot. He loses Subban, Markov and Radulov, and gets Weber and Drouin lol. If the Habs didn't have such a hard on for french GM's he'd be history.

Oh, I forgot about Markov. He was totally on board to sign for little money on a one year deal. He's still an NHLer, at the very least in a supporting role. Instead they resurrect Mark Streit's corpse and call it a day?

kadencole
November 5th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Oh, I forgot about Markov. He was totally on board to sign for little money on a one year deal. He's still an NHLer, at the very least in a supporting role. Instead they resurrect Mark Streit's corpse and call it a day?

Mark Streit. Thats proof alone that Bergevin isn't fit to be GM.

mattsmith48
November 5th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Hollywood kadencole

The Price contract he didn't really had a choice and any other GM in the league in the same situation would have done the same thing.

Rightnow Bergevin is probably the 4th worst GM in the league behind Garth Snow, Jim Benning and Joe Sakic.

For the French thing, its not the reason he's still there since Patrick Roy is available and he said if he comes back to the NHL it will be as a GM.

kadencole
November 6th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Except the other 3 are Gms of teams no one gives a crap about. lol

The whole Randy Cunneyworth debacle from a few years back shows Molson or whoever believes that Montreal needs french coaching/management...even though Montreal is full of english haha.

Harrier
November 6th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Hockey is the only sport I don't follow much. But i kinda like the Tampa bay Lightning

Hollywood
November 7th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Hollywood kadencole

The Price contract he didn't really had a choice and any other GM in the league in the same situation would have done the same thing.

Rightnow Bergevin is probably the 4th worst GM in the league behind Garth Snow, Jim Benning and Joe Sakic.

For the French thing, its not the reason he's still there since Patrick Roy is available and he said if he comes back to the NHL it will be as a GM.

Well certainly he couldn't let Price walk, that doesn't mean the contract won't hurt the team in the future though.

The issue with the "French thing" is that the Habs seem completely unwilling to consider qualified candidates that aren't either French Canadian or are former Habs stars. Every GM since 1964 has either been from Quebec or alumni of the team, and for coaching it's a very similar record. It worked for a long time but I think they're shooting themselves in the foot at this point, in the name of "heritage" or whatever.

Bergevin was a good candidate at the time of his hiring, but he's long overstayed his welcome and should've been canned a while ago.

mattsmith48
November 14th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Except the other 3 are Gms of teams no one gives a crap about. lol

The whole Randy Cunneyworth debacle from a few years back shows Molson or whoever believes that Montreal needs french coaching/management...even though Montreal is full of english haha.

Ask fans on the west coast if no one gives a shit about Jim Benning.

Well certainly he couldn't let Price walk, that doesn't mean the contract won't hurt the team in the future though.

I'm not saying its a good contract I'm just saying you can't blame the contract on Bergevin because any other GM in the league would have done the same thing. This contract will probably end up hurting them in the same the Luongo contract hurt the Canucks or the Lundquist contract is currently hurting the Rangers.

The issue with the "French thing" is that the Habs seem completely unwilling to consider qualified candidates that aren't either French Canadian or are former Habs stars. Every GM since 1964 has either been from Quebec or alumni of the team, and for coaching it's a very similar record. It worked for a long time but I think they're shooting themselves in the foot at this point, in the name of "heritage" or whatever.

Bergevin was a good candidate at the time of his hiring, but he's long overstayed his welcome and should've been canned a while ago.

As someone who is French and I don't understand why they and some of their fans insist in having a bilingual coach and GM, its not like they are dealing personally with those fans, if you live in Quebec and don't speak english and you want to know what the coach think just read the subtitles.

NewLeafsFan
November 14th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Calgary Flames. My cousin plays for them so ya know, gotta stick with fam lol.

Who is your cousin?

kadencole
November 16th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Who is your cousin?

Michael Ferland :)

SwimmerDudeJR
December 13th, 2017, 02:05 PM
St. Louis Blues.

hesaidhesaid
December 13th, 2017, 04:33 PM
LA! LA! LA! #GoKingsGo

Tyler97
December 13th, 2017, 08:25 PM
St. Louis Blues.

The Blues have been a great team for many years, but they seem to choke in the playoffs, they also have never won the cup despite being in the league for almost 50 years. Hopefully they will win soon.

OldNewGuy
December 13th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Vegas

SwimmerDudeJR
December 13th, 2017, 10:18 PM
The Blues have been a great team for many years, but they seem to choke in the playoffs, they also have never won the cup despite being in the league for almost 50 years. Hopefully they will win soon.

I agree. It’s embarrasing they still haven’t won the cup. Hopefully soon in my lifetime though.

gdude
January 4th, 2018, 02:05 AM
San Jose Sharks!

ssaars
January 10th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Canadiens :D

Why? Well, my dad lived in Canada for a while and he liked them. Which made me kinda like them when I wanted to play hockey (here in the Netherlands ice hockey isn't that big, we're big on stupid field hockey. I just wanted ice hockey :( ) aaaand I have a jersey of them from Plekanec and that's all the reasons I can think of. Too bad they don't show the NHL here.

But off topic, but my favorite ice hockey team in the world has to be the Tilburg Trappers from the Netherlands :D They allowed me to train a bit with them when I was still a little girl and I still have that puck I played with then :D

Croconaw
March 14th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Los Angeles Kings !!

West Coast Sheriff
March 14th, 2018, 08:30 AM
I don't pay too much attention to NHL. I love the avalanche, detroit red wings are my #2 favorite team. I aslo like the Sharks and the Kings.

Those are the four teams I actively root for in about that order. Kinda hoping the kings win it this year so city of Los Angeles gets a parade.

jasondrums
March 15th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Well it sure as hell isn't the Dallas Stars. They suck bigtime right now.

RyanIsGay24
March 15th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Vancouver Canucks

imanopenbook
March 18th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Leafs for sure right now. Or maybe for sure. I think they are the most exciting to watch and have the best future. Pittsburgh is strong again so I think theyre the favs again.

Chrisbm
April 10th, 2018, 01:25 AM
Vegas Golden Knights

BlackParadePixie
April 23rd, 2018, 08:21 PM
Kings are out. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Laxguy15
April 28th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Red Wings buddy!!!