PDA

View Full Version : Summer reading help

WeathermanSam1
July 27th, 2017, 03:37 PM
For this summer for "homework", I am forced to read The Hunger Games and take notes on the bystander effect when it occurs in the book. The issue is that I am struggling to find occurrences of the bystander effect. Can you guys help me by giving an example and when in the story does it happen? In the first week of school, I need to write an essay over the bystander effect in the book. Any help would be very appreciated!

CrypticBread2
July 27th, 2017, 11:59 PM
I did a little research for you and here are some cases of what I could find.
1. When Peeta was chosen it was very unlikely anyone would volunteer for him.
2. Katniss did not want to help Peta when there were other people around.
3. When Gale was getting whipped in the square of District 12, no one stopped it for awhile because they thought someone else would.
I think there are a few more in there that I can't remember (I haven't read the book in a couple years) that just need a little searching. I don't think there are going to be many that are very easy to spot, but there are some in there.

Romulus_
July 28th, 2017, 02:41 PM
The whole lottery where Peeta is chosen and nobody volunteers is a good example. You could also possibly use how watchers of the game have the ability to sponsor the people competing, but rarely ever do unless they are doing well.