PDA

View Full Version : Depression

Rugby99
July 26th, 2017, 09:35 PM
I feel like not knowing what is causing the depression is one of the worst parts. For the past 2 days straight I have gotten depressed for absolutely no reason. Yesterday I was at the gym, about 5 minutes into my workout and it hit me. I had to leave after about 20 minutes because I couldn't take it. Today I arrived at my baseball game and became extremely depressed to the point that I actually started crying a little. It takes a lot for me to cry and this was pretty bad. I wasn't sobbing but I was clearly tearing up. Some of my teammates asked me if I was okay and I told them that I was just very tired and started yawning which was making me tear up. Nobody knows that I have been suffering with depression for almost 2 years now. I have never been suicidal but I don't know what to do. Why does this happen to people? What can I do that would help? Sometimes I feel selfish about this because I know that there are a lot of people in this world that have a lot less than I do and are very happy.

WhoWhatWhen
July 27th, 2017, 02:05 AM
Don't feel selfish! If you have this feeling often you should consider going to your doctor. They can refer you to a psychologist to help you and see what can help you. It's not your fault and there's plenty of people out there who can help :)

bojack
July 27th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Honestly, in so many cases of depression, there's just no logical reason that we understand. But that's ok. You're allowed to be depressed and it doesn't reflect negatively on you.
The first thing I would do to help alleviate it, is definitely talking to a professional

jamie_n5
July 29th, 2017, 08:45 PM
You most likely have clinical depression. You should go and see your doctor and tell him about your depression. It is very important that you do this. Most depression can be easily treated with medication and some counseling. Why be miserable and unhappy when medication will help make you feel like yourself again. There is no shame in having depression so don't worry and think your a freak or anything.

Andyyy95
August 4th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I think I have symptoms of clinical depression, as that's what my doctor and counsellor say. I suppose it's really important to talk to someone (professional) about how you are feeling, and see what treatment (be it verbal or oral medication) they can offer.

Honestly I know how you feel, I have counselling on a weekly basis, yet there can be days like today where I feel rock bottom and feel like crying, but still somehow need to put on a happy face for work/public. I guess bad days are inevitable and are part of the journey, but they'll be good days too I promise!

Chin up :)

DriveAlive
August 5th, 2017, 02:44 AM
I had very similar feelings as you. I felt fine most of the time but there were some times that I could not function. I ended up seeing a doctor and just started taking medication.

Just JT
August 5th, 2017, 05:30 AM
Why are you going this alone bro?
Yeah nobody wants a label, but dam you sound like this is really hard and your unhappy!!

IF you are depressed, it may not have any rhyme or reason, no cause at all. It could, but also could not.

Talk to your mom or dad, tell them how your feeling, be truthful as you can. They'll know what's to do to get you some help. But I do think a psychiatrist can help. Maybe just a small dose of something and get you on your way